Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Protecting lives lol.. Thats why the Government is subsidising healthy food and gym memberships. Do you know how many AVOIDABLE deaths occur every year? Why isn't the Government forcing us to eat healthy and exercise - why is alcohol and cigarettes still allowed when they cause so many deaths? Your view that this is about protecting lives is inconsistent with reality. Where is Dan's starship trooper police kicking us out of bed to go for a run or hitting the hamburger and beer out of our hands?
You make a fair point. However, I would imagine our favourite daily newspapers and commercial TV morning shows would go into a Chernobyl-esque "Nanny State" headline meltdown if our state government decided to install an exorbitant "fat tax" on pub parmas to fund more dumbells or Zumba classes for those that really need them.

You make a fair point. However, I would imagine our favourite daily newspapers and commercial TV morning shows would go into a Chernobyl-esque "Nanny State" headline meltdown if our state government decided to install an exorbitant "fat tax" on pub parmas to fund more dumbells or Zumba classes for those that really need them.

On the subject did you see McDonalds called it the 'parmi' burger? Outrageous

On the subject did you see McDonalds called it the 'parmi' burger? Outrageous
Because it's a parma in a burger, or because they've called it a "parmi"? :D

If this lockdown's been a benefit in at least one way for me, it's that it's kept me well away from any Maccas. I've become dangerously cuddly enough drinking and snacking my way through a festival of footy matches on the telly - probably don't need another vice.

No I think that when people are going to die soon of a non-covid illness, it is misleading to blame their death on covid just because they test positive in the days or weeks before they were going to die anyway.
I'm sure a small minority of the deaths were virtually there anyway. I doubt a significant proportion were though. Comorbidity =/= they were dying anyway

I think the myth of British stoicism is just that, a myth.

Plus, they didn't have social media, and a letter to the papers, bitching, was not getting published.

So it was pretty easy for the government to talk about how well the British people were coping, even if they were not.

Not the case now days where every whiner had a window to the world.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app
grew up hearing them called whinging poms...

I'm sure a small minority of the deaths were virtually there anyway. I doubt a significant proportion were though. Comorbidity =/= they were dying anyway
diabetes is a comorbitity - old age is also

never mind that a 70 yo that dies of covid could have lived to 90.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you so sure it was a 'small minority'?

There are measures for "excess deaths" you know? So they can actually check how many people died above what would be expected. This would include those that miss out on intensive care because beds are full of covid patients.

Obviously there is a lag with publishing suck measurements, but you'll be able to confirm/ deny any theories you have when that data is available.

Because it's a parma in a burger, or because they've called it a "parmi"? :D

If this lockdown's been a benefit in at least one way for me, it's that it's kept me well away from any Maccas. I've become dangerously cuddly enough drinking and snacking my way through a festival of footy matches on the telly - probably don't need another vice.

The word 'parmi' is an insult to every Victorian. We should protest about that, damn the lockdown.

No I think that when people are going to die soon of a non-covid illness, it is misleading to blame their death on covid just because they test positive in the days or weeks before they were going to die anyway.

So if you have cancer and are going to die, but you get hit by a car and die, the cause of death is cancer? Think before you post please.

The whole idea behind these lockdowns is Protecting lives.
The governments are paying for people to stay home and alive. What else can they do?
For a start, stop ******* lying to people and demonstrate some goddamned accountability.

If you keep feeding the public complete and utter horseshit you can't blame them when they break the rules because you have eroded any trust in your office.

"Really? Private Security Guards? At the hotels? No!!! I never knew that!!"

Using that analogy, by your logic we should ban cars because they kill people who were going to die soon anyway :thumbsu:
Well no, you wouldn't ban cars.

Because cars dont kill people.

every body that died in a car accident was going to die anyway, at some point or another, so they dont count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back