Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Struggling to care this month.
Just emotionally checked out of the feeling of a football season when it really hit me fair dinkum finals series with proper length game time no going to happen.
Somebody will win it but I just barely watched more than bits of pieces of games and do not feel the need to check out more of games when it all be so predictable with congested football and slow sideways football, the norm of this season, rather than the exception. Hope Brisbane win it but I have no real value on what it means given it such reduced game time and such poor quality overall.

I hope thing improve in 2021 for everything and football as cannot see myself continue to care if this is what continues for this decade much longer.
For me it is like falling out of love of someone you used to love. You still like, but the feeling of being in love is now over.
Would be tough to watch when your team ain’t contending. This year more than most.

One thing is for sure, with Richmonds rugby style game plan, we are in for an ugly game next week whoever plays them.
The slow, kick it sideways, keepings off game plan is so much more exciting than the getting it forward at any cost at frenetic pace and pressure style.
The AFL should ban running and tackling.

As much as I dislike everything about them (bar Dusty), full credit to the Tigers. Can already be considered a dynasty imo...3 GFs in 4 yrs and a prelim in between.

Have found a game plan that suits all conditions and play it perfectly. Get the absolute most out of the talent they have and there's no reason it can't go on for as long as Dusty has left I reckon.

I personally don't like their style and find it hard to watch, but if my team could play it as well as the Tigers I wouldn't give two shits about that

Can't see them not winning it now.....though I'll be barracking as hard as possible against them next week

The slow, kick it sideways, keepings off game plan is so much more exciting than the getting it forward at any cost at frenetic pace and pressure style.
The AFL should ban running and tackling.
The tigers gameplan is flood the entire backline then hack it forward out the back. It’s horrific to watch but it works for them.
Geelong’s gameplan can be painful to watch as well I admit.

people bemoan a lack of long kicking and slow forward play. and when sitting in the stand every man and his dog is yelling for their players to just kick the damn thing.

yet when we actually play that way people hate us for it. i think theres something else going on there.

as for the maul around the ball, thats every game not just us. what do people want us to do, just let the opposition get the ball?

One thing is for sure, with Richmonds rugby style game plan, we are in for an ugly game next week whoever plays them.
Maybe the Cats could learn a thing or two from the way the Tiges go about it.
Four preliminary finals. Two flags, favorite for a third. Three consecutive years of over 100,000 members.
Obviously doing something right

If they get through Cameron wont tear it up in the GF as Fagan showed his cards to early in the QF with his tactic for Grimes.
It worked a treat, but wont happen twice though.

Worked a treat ? Cameron kicked theee goals . Grimes was off the ground fir one of them , another was from a turnover up the Field that Superman ( Balta ??!!!) himself couldn’t defend ! Soz but Cameron got very lucky and the stats flatter him from that game .
Brisbane gave already played their GF .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

you mean the style that dismantled your team?
It was raining like crazy last night, was a tough game, what did your team do when tested by port and tigers?
Lol don’t get so defensive! The game style works and you’ve won 2 flags (potentially 3 next week) with it.
To neutrals it’s rugby and flooding. Much worse than Sydney used to play.
But who cares what I think anyway.
If the game style works it works.
It doesn’t have to be pretty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the Cats could learn a thing or two from the way the Tiges go about it.
Four preliminary finals. Two flags, favorite for a third. Three consecutive years of over 100,000 members.
Obviously doing something right
I agree. Tigers are a great team. I just don’t like flooding and limited skills (besides Dusty of course).
AFL has gone from a game of skill to a game of athletes. It’s sad.

The tigers gameplan is flood the entire backline then hack it forward out the back. It’s horrific to watch but it works for them.
Geelong’s gameplan can be painful to watch as well I admit.

Your footy knowledge is off the scale! You discovered the secret in Richmond’s success! Sorcery! They are able to both flood the back line and apply pressure-and being no1 in the league in scoring goals form forward half turnovers- at the forward line! At the same time! Being in two places at once! Like Schrodinger's cat!

Amazing, just amazing!

Tigers are the best team. Lions at home with an extra week off could be a sniff. Cats can't win it now.
Cats have one thing going for them if they get up tonight. Out of all top 8 teams, I reckon Geelong is the most likely to adjust plans significantly specific to the opposition. If they don't think they can go with us on any sort of territory battle they can go full Sydney on us and suffocate the game. The only difference being they have game winners in the middle and up forward that can score in quick succession and put us on the back foot. I've been waiting for it to happen to us all year. It has made games we would otherwise have iced at half time be pretty much even in the last quarter. I am not sure if it can win a game against our best but I'm also not sure we can beat it. There just isn't enough evidence either way.

If Richmond were half as good as their supporters think they are, they should make minced meat of St. Kilda on Friday night, particularly when they will be without two of their most important players in Ryder and Carlisle.

The Doggies v. Saints game just appeared to me to be a couple of levels below the other three games; it is the first time I can recall in a final that a team is in front despite having 10 tackles only in the first half.

Not to worry though, if Richmond do get through they will be belted by Port the following week.
LOL, how you feeling this morning? slight headache ?

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What's sad is you bookmarked this comment to respond to later if you won. Don't you have anything else to do?
Bookmarked? LOL mate this is the first time I've been in this thread for 3 weeks so it was only a scroll down.

What's sad is you also sitting on the same footy forum reading a thread your club is no longer involved in.

And you're the one mentioning nothing better to do? Hilarious.

Bookmarked? LOL mate this is the first time I've been in this thread for 3 weeks so it was only a scroll down.

What's sad is you also sitting on the same footy forum reading a thread your club is no longer involved in.

And you're the one mentioning nothing better to do? Hilarious.

You guys have got the umpires to thank for last night's win.

Even umpiring and Port win by 3 or 4 goals.

Kissed on the you know what.

I agree. Tigers are a great team. I just don’t like flooding and limited skills (besides Dusty of course).
AFL has gone from a game of skill to a game of athletes. It’s sad.

I actually think Richmond have quite a lot of skill with underrated players like Edwards, Lambert and Bolton tapping and handballing accurately to teammates at speed, then Vlaustin and Nankervis and Grimes and Broad seem to read the play perfectly and mark everything near them. Yes they tackle like madmen and run hard and fast, that is athleticism not talent. But some of it is pure finesse, although no-one outside of Richmond rates these players

Your footy knowledge is off the scale! You discovered the secret in Richmond’s success! Sorcery! They are able to both flood the back line and apply pressure-and being no1 in the league in scoring goals form forward half turnovers- at the forward line! At the same time! Being in two places at once! Like Schrodinger's cat!

Amazing, just amazing!
Two states not two places
But I agree with you ..its just astonishing how they are everywhere at once ...poor muggles don't stand a chance

I actually think Richmond have quite a lot of skill with underrated players like Edwards, Lambert and Bolton tapping and handballing accurately to teammates at speed, then Vlaustin and Nankervis and Grimes and Broad seem to read the play perfectly and mark everything near them. Yes they tackle like madmen and run hard and fast, that is athleticism not talent. But some of it is pure finesse, although no-one outside of Richmond rates these players
And they never will be rated outside of us.. And that's fine by us also

Back