2020/21 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Use this thread to discuss anything you want about the 2020/21 AFLTM Off-Season. Try to keep all discussion on the off-season happenings in this thread rather than the off-season thread thread. Bids and trades must be posted in the 2020/21 Off-Season Thread or they won't be valid.

What would I need to pay for delisting Gibbs if any because he retired with one year to go on his AFL contract

What would I need to pay for delisting Gibbs if any because he retired with one year to go on his AFL contract
It's a tough one - because he had one year left on his contract I'm tending to lean towards the 0% payment.
It's one of those ones where he sort of retired/got delisted because he wasn't making the team anyway. Certainly wasn't injury related.

It's a tough one - because he had one year left on his contract I'm tending to lean towards the 0% payment.
It's one of those ones where he sort of retired/got delisted because he wasn't making the team anyway. Certainly wasn't injury related.

yeah at the beginning of the year there was talk of him playing the half back sweeper roll which is why I was happy To trade him and only because his AFLTM contract matched his real contract

Is the salary cap rising this season?
No. Likely just the list cuts so essentially you'll still have more dollars per player on your list to spend.

Does StKilda get extra salary cap for winning the premiership?

Also, open for trade discussions, chasing a Key forward.
Unfortunately no. Scrapped the extra salary cap for premiers and minor premiers a couple of seasons ago.

Can coaches please vote/check in to the poll attached to this thread to confirm you are ready for the Off-season to commence on October 31. Want to make sure we aren't desperately looking for a new coach heading into the busiest part of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Veterans

They were appearing in my UC players list, so if needed then I’ll re-veteranise Nat Fyfe and Mitch Duncan
Just for clarification: Yes they did need to be re-veteranised as they were out of contract and can be traded or bid on by opposition teams until you re-veteranise them.

Veterans

They were appearing in my UC players list, so if needed then I’ll re-veteranise Nat Fyfe and Mitch Duncan

Just for clarification: Yes they did need to be re-veteranised as they were out of contract and can be traded or bid on by opposition teams until you re-veteranise them.

In addition to this, you also have to specify that you want to re-veteranise any contracted veterans (i.e Dangerfield) as well if you wish for them stay on your list as veterans for the next season. Up until that point you can trade or delist him. He cannot be returned back to your senior list.

If I put gaff on the veterans list, he is contracted, do I pay the 813k he's contracted for or the 4th vetran price of $520k?
Pay the veteran price.

Gold Coast Devils

Veteranise Michael Hurley (in case I need to post it)
You do need to. :thumbsu:

While we're talking about veterans, do the rules still prevent us from retaining previous veterans as reguar listed players through the bidding system without veteranising them again?
Yes that is correct.

Yes that is correct.
I still think that rule should be changed to allow retention through bidding.
I always find it sad when you've had a player on your list for a decade but can't retain them because they'd be costing $500k as a 4th veteran but only scoring enough to warrant a $200k contract.
You still need to beat all other coaches in the bidding to retain them so it's not like you get them under value.

I still think that rule should be changed to allow retention through bidding.
I always find it sad when you've had a player on your list for a decade but can't retain them because they'd be costing $500k as a 4th veteran but only scoring enough to warrant a $200k contract.
You still need to beat all other coaches in the bidding to retain them so it's not like you get them under value.
I don't have strong feelings for this rule either way and see arguments both for keeping it as is or changing it. We put it to a vote earlier this year and coaches voted to keep it the same. If there is a strong push amongst the group to change it we will put it to a vote and potentially change it for the next off-season.

To Melbourne: Zac Williams + Jake Riccardi + Will Hoskin-Elliott + Riley Bonner + Derek Eggmolesse-Smith + 1st Round Pick #6 + 1st Round Pick #15 + 2021 3rd Round Pick

To Geelong: Zach Merrett + Jordan Ridley + Kyle Langford + Cale Hooker + Lachlan Gollant + 3rd Round Pick #44

Merrett $813k, 3 years
Ridley $548k, 4 years
Langford $351k, 2 years
Hooker $214k, 1 year
Gollant $85k, 1 year

goldcoastsun to confirm.

fightingfury_88 after seeing this trade and realising the adjustments needed on the list posts.

Open to trading Brad Crouch, Ollie Florent, Perryman and Pick 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back