Autopsy AFL 2020 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Cats Sat October 17th 7:40pm AEDT/6:40pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win a d by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Draw - Lions in extra time

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Their best players are not particularly young. I dont see much scope for improvement, they've had a very good run with injuries and will be unlikely to have the huge home advantage they've enjoyed this year.

You don't see much scope of improvement from McCluggage, Berry, Starcevich, Hipwood, Rayner, Bailey, Payne, Ah Chee and Andrews? All players out there that are 23 years old or under.

Almost every side this weekend has fielded their best 22, so we're not the only ones that have had a good run with injury. Geelong basically have their best 22 out there, and we're missing at least one, probably two defenders that would be best 22.

I agree our best players aren't young, but realistically the ones I'd expect to drop off would be Zorko, Birchall, Robbo and Martin. The latter two have both struggled this year. Rich is the only other one that's 30+ (he's 30) and he's coming off his best year of his career.

I'm comfortable with our scope to improve on this season.

So what's worse the cats or the tigers winning? Fair dinkum, what a f******* sh*t show.

Was so hoping for a Bris v Port, but noooooo, f u footy gods you suck balls. Nah GAGF!
Well as teams, they're both great and deserved winners this year but has to be
tigers, as they have hundreds of celeb fans from Waleed Aly right through to George Pell.

How many free tickets for the GF will be on offer in Brisbane this week?

And did I hear right that Birchall still has another year on his contract? His hamstrings must just be rubber bands at this point.

Well done Cats. Far too good and sets up what should be a cracking Grand Final.

Interesting way the 2 winning teams sung their club songs. Tigers all inclusive with others joining in. Cats players only in their circle...plus Tooheys selfie stick.

Nah you're a typical Richmond fan. So you agree 6 points against a team that hasn't played finals for 6 years is an outstanding effort or are you just scared because Geelong is playing better than Port.

port rolled Geelong 2 weeks ago. Just saying.

Umps were not really cited IMO. Let it roll. Could have paid more frees, but certainly zero influence on result.
Cats defence was great. Cameron got a little ahead of himself early. Not really into the big early celebrations and weird ass gestures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions just nowhere near it really.

Bottom 5-6 players not up to it.

Next week should be a cracker.

Players like Rayner, Hipwood, Berry, Bailey who obviously have talent, failed to contribute significantly. It's hard to be a consistent finals performer and these blokes have been pumped up before their time.

Like this game, I look at how each team gets their goals to understand Umpiring influence.
Mate, the Power ran into the reigning premier. You didn't lose to some two bit mob. Had you lost to the Saints I could maybe understand. That was a mighty win for the RFC last night and few teams could pull that off. Richmond are a mighty side, Port had a good year, but they were beaten by a mighty side. Significant difference between the two clubs.

Under Hinckley what have the Power done? 2 Prelim losses 6 years apart. These two clubs aren't on the same page mate so don't go pointing at umpire influence.

If it's any consolation...port won the round 11 match. Hang on to that. Watch the replay over and over and do the power chant.

just an aside, does Simon Black age?

He's got a painting of himself in the attic that is starting to look a bit geriatric.

Tell you who's been really important for us in the last part of the season: Rhys Stanley. Another good game in the ruck and around the ground.

If you'd told me that friggin Stanley was going to be a key peg of a flag push, I'd have laughed in your face.

He's been awesome. BOG for you in week 1.

Back