Autopsy AFL 2020 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Cats Sat October 17th 7:40pm AEDT/6:40pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win a d by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Draw - Lions in extra time

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
You are in dream land, that wasn’t the only bad decision. What about the clear mark to
John Scarlett 15 metres out when umpire Sheales was 60 metres behind the play, or the
fact that Bartletts final quarter goal was clearly touched. Or any of the other half
dozen things that went against Geelong and shouldn’t have. Polly Farmer wasn’t the only
Geelong person to bring up the bad decisions, the coach Peter Pianto, who would usually
not say anything about umpires, was so upset the next day on World Of Sport that he
said that the best team had lost, and they had.
Kevin Bartlett's goal touched? lol have you even seen footage of the game was no one near the ball

Yeah, I have to say Geelong v Richmond is about as boring a game for a grand final as I could think of. Hopefully it's at least close.

REALLY ??

A win for either team isn't a sure thing and they've established quite the rivalry over the last few years. It's kind of exciting in the same way as the Sydney/WCE contests were in the mid 2000's, Sydney/Hawthorn clashes between 2012/2015, Collingwood-Geelong contests etc etc. Richmond have had the wood over Geelong in recent years, but as we have seen this season.... winning streaks do get broken (Hawthorn broke theirs against Richmond, Brisbane broke theirs against Richmond etc).

You get one more chance for the reverse mozz next week!

I've genuinely been on the Geelong bandwagon as soon as Hawthorn's season went off the boil (round 4-ish ? :p)

It’s our cheat ground that’s got us this far, I think that’s the overwhelming take away from all of this

That and the fact we seem to always catch teams having a bad night. Hopefully Richmond have a bad night next week as well.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
"As long as we win tomorrow, I’ll be happy. After that we have a fairly easy draw and I reckon we can be on top after five matches."

- Royce Hart on the eve of his first game

How would that go over today?

They replayed the 1973 GF on ABC radio this afternoon with interviews from some of the players back then.

Rex Hunt, Neil Balme and Vinnie Cattogio, it was before my time but I love hearing the old stories, some great characters.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
REALLY ??

A win for either team isn't a sure thing and they've established quite the rivalry over the last few years. It's kind of exciting in the same way as the Sydney/WCE contests were in the mid 2000's, Sydney/Hawthorn clashes between 2012/2015, Collingwood-Geelong contests etc etc. Richmond have had the wood over Geelong in recent years, but as we have seen this season.... winning streaks do get broken (Hawthorn broke theirs against Richmond, Brisbane broke theirs against Richmond etc).

I've genuinely been on the Geelong bandwagon as soon as Hawthorn's season went off the boil (round 4-ish ? :p)
Hawthorn
Hawthorn

Yawn

REALLY ??

You talk s**t.

Prove me wrong ;)

I've been in support of Geelong throughout the season. We are going all the way next week :)
You're hurting.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well done Geelong. You’re carrying my flag bet cash which is a big cross to bear, but were excellent tonight.

The two teams left aren’t particularly likeable, but deserve respect. It’s probably not the GF most neutrals wanted but let’s hope it’s a great game.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought it was bizarre how he wasn't absolutely guttered. I know footy is just a game, but a once in a lifetime opportunity just slipped through his hands.

Maybe he has some perspective, god forbid. They’ll also be a good team for a while. If he were coaching my club I’d be pretty happy.

Darren Moore

Debutant
Oct 17, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Maybe he has some perspective, god forbid. They’ll also be a good team for a while. If he were coaching my club I’d be pretty happy.

He's paid to get results not have perspective. The guy was grinning and giggling with reporters after the most shattering loss of his coaching career. Players played with a similar level of investment tonight.

Even if I wasn't shattered I'd at least act as though I was distraught with my team's effort.

No fire in the belly at Brisbane.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Thought it was bizarre how he wasn't absolutely guttered. I know footy is just a game, but a once in a lifetime opportunity just slipped through his hands.

Yeah. I think what he is doing is playing the long game and trying to set the mental state of his players right; making sure they keep their chins up so to speak and don't get scarred.

CaptainHowdy87

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tell you who's been really important for us in the last part of the season: Rhys Stanley. Another good game in the ruck and around the ground.

If you'd told me that friggin Stanley was going to be a key peg of a flag push, I'd have laughed in your face.

Blicsavs and Stanley are a solid ruck duo. After so many years in the same team how has it taken so long to pair these 2 up?

Back