Game Day 2020 AFL Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping Brisbane. Fagan is a great coach and they did get some painful experience last year. Cats are old, slow.

Doing to be such a terrible GF next week- two arrogant teams facing off

Brisbane just kept bombing into their 50m all night plus Neale and Robinson have looked off. also just kicking down the line all the time from the back half

Geelong are so good at hanging off their opponent just long enough to get away with it

they've been clearly better though

I would feel so bad for port and Brisbane who were top two this year!

it’s not as simple as saying they’ll be back up there next year. It takes a lot of hard work, effort and time to get back to the prelim final next year and avoid another wasted season.

a massive missed opportunity though from Brisbane slipping a chance for a home GF. Btw, first all Victorian GF since 2011

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well..

An all Victorian GF.. in Queensland.

i think it just shows they were the two best teams this year, given they had been in hubs for the last 4 months. V two teams that have been sleeping in their own beds and playing at their own home ground.

QF was Brisbane's Grand Final. They were cooked tonight.

This was prob brisbane's easiest shot at a flag, and they bumbled it. Barely had to travel.

And this aged well, didn't it? lol these things can come back to bite you.

They were cooked tonight.
I don't think so. One game in a month probably hurt them more. But, yes, they were borderline embarrassing. I don't like Brisbane so I don't mind :) Watching Lyons arguing with Berry was interesting.

I don't think so. One game in a month probably hurt them more. But, yes, they were borderline embarrassing. I don't like Brisbane so I don't mind :) Watching Lyons arguing with Berry was interesting.
Yeah. Sometimes playing less match hardened affects teams. Or were they not up to the pressure of a prelim?

Yeah. Sometimes playing less match hardened affects teams. Or were they not up to the pressure of a prelim?
Yeah, probably the occasion got to them too. So many players had an ordinary game including Zorko, Berry. Maybe only 5-6 players played ok.

Yeah, probably the occasion got to them too. So many players had an ordinary game including Zorko, Berry. Maybe only 5-6 players played ok.
Yeah. Least they won 1 final. That's a step up from last year. It'll get better in time.

But when you have half the players gone missing, you're already behind the 8 ball.

Yeah. Least they won 1 final. That's a step up from last year. It'll get better in time.

But when you have half the players gone missing, you're already behind the 8 ball.
They have some players not far off the cliff - Robinson, Martin, Zorko, Birchall. Perfect injuries run again like 4 years in a row. This was golden opportunity for them.

They have some players not far off the cliff - Robinson, Martin, Zorko, Birchall. Perfect injuries run again like 4 years in a row. This was golden opportunity for them.
Apart from Zorko who could probably go on for another 2-3 years as a pure small forward I reckon, the others are really just peripheral players in their team.
I think they'll have a sustained period of success.
How successful will be determined by
1. Joe Danihers health
2. Development of Mccluggage / Berry into stars. They're good players at the moment but nothing more IMO.

Apart from Zorko who could probably go on for another 2-3 years as a pure small forward I reckon, the others are really just peripheral players in their team.
I think they'll have a sustained period of success.
How successful will be determined by
1. Joe Danihers health
2. Development of Mccluggage / Berry into stars. They're good players at the moment but nothing more IMO.
To be honest, Lions exceeded my expectation the last 2 years. I always wonder how come they finish so high. Yes, they got some stars but overall I would not expect them to finish top 2. Fagan is doing a great job. They got some average players looking better in a good system.

McCluggage was close to elite, AA 40. I am not sure about Berry who had some great games but mostly just good. Zorko had very average season but had some issues with a leg, so yes probably a couple more years.

Interesting case is Rayner. He does produce 1-2 magic moments but overall average. Cerra and Brayshaw already looking like better choice in that draft.

McStay, Hipwood set shots are on Corbett's level.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back