2021 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Well that response was written a lot better than the emails sent to members. Not sure who signed off on the first set of emails but they were terrible. Bit concerned there is ticket master fee on top of the $10 club fee...

All very strange my wife has a 3 game membership (kids etc.) yet she has been given access to 6 game next year?

Anyway I'll be supporting the club as always as they need us more than ever.

I just got some value for money for my membership. Free zoom session "#MentalHealthMatters, join retired Western Bulldogs AFL Premiership player Tom Boyd who shares his story about fighting a silent mental battle." Very down to earth & real. I think it was recorded so might come up as video on WB website or Western Bulldogs Community Foundation page. 👍

P.S. Thank you to club membership & comms dept for clearing up the 2021 entitlements as far as you can at this stage - apols if I sounded a bit harsh - know you're working under difficult circumstances, but I freak when members start dropping off (PT89SD).

Last edited:

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I have a GA membership with a social club add on. Reading between the lines, say capacity is only 10,000, am I basically correct in saying that I have extremely little chance of being able to attend a game given it seems like gold and silver members are giving seating priority?

I will still purchase my 2 memberships as per usual, but the thought of not being able to attend games for another year (pending restrictions) is extremely hard to swallow.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I just got some value for money for my membership. Free zoom session "#MentalHealthMatters, join retired Western Bulldogs AFL Premiership player Tom Boyd who shares his story about fighting a silent mental battle." Very down to earth & real. I think it was recorded so might come up as video on WB website or Western Bulldogs Community Foundation page. 👍

P.S. Thank you to club membership & comms dept for clearing up the 2021 entitlements as far as you can at this stage - apols if I sounded a bit harsh - know you're working under difficult circumstances, but I freak when members start dropping off (PT89SD).
Yep, some very important messages. Great questions from participants too.

I guess I'm stuck as a member since I joined Bulldog for Life last year. I'm just concerned that my cat, Zsa Zsa, might be signed up for Bulldog for Nine Lives and I won't be around to pay for her in future seasons. :)

I get that things are a little uncertain for memberships in 2021, but having been through the bad times since I was a kid in the 60s, I'm happy
to do what I can despite the COVID confusion.

Therefore, my wife and I will be paying the $395, as Level 1 Gold + social club members. We're not overly concerned about our entitlements
for 2021, rather that things will - probably - be a lot more 'normal'in 2022. We'll ride it out until then.

We've added a couple of hoodies to our memberships as a way of helping the club out, even though its minor money.

No, we are not wealthy. We just hate the thought of the club being in any financial trouble again.

It all helps.

I get that things are a little uncertain for memberships in 2021, but having been through the bad times since I was a kid in the 60s, I'm happy
to do what I can despite the COVID confusion.

Therefore, my wife and I will be paying the $395, as Level 1 Gold + social club members. We're not overly concerned about our entitlements
for 2021, rather that things will - probably - be a lot more 'normal'in 2022. We'll ride it out until then.

We've added a couple of hoodies to our memberships as a way of helping the club out, even though its minor money.

No, we are not wealthy. We just hate the thought of the club being in any financial trouble again.

It all helps.

And my kids are now way too old to pimp out shaking tins at bowling clubs and RSLs :eek:

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was amused by the maths gymnastics of the deal. They start by telling me I will be paying $140 less for my usual membership. “that’s cool!” Then comes the “ you will have access to reserved seating through a $10 booking fee each game”. Oh, that’s $90 added back on to price. Then follows the Ballarat add on clincher gift then cancels out and exceeds the $140 saving so proudly announced at the start. I suppose the free away game add on is their sweetener except at least 6 of them are interstate plus Geelong which is considered non Melbourne which is where the $125 value for what is about 4 possible away games. But then that balances out with the fact it would still require booking a reserved seat I’m guessing since COVID Normal will probably still be seating only in the mould of Essendon home games at Marvel over the years. The whole thing just made me smile.

But it’s a tough situation. I suppose if worse case scenario happens again at least I’m donating $140 less ( per person - I still pay for my adult kids so about $320 total) than this year to support the club without attending and if I can only attend some games I’m not paying as much up front. My adult son doesn’t come as much as he used to so I’m saving money on him with a per game seat booking rather than whole season deal. I’m a Bulldog for Life who was lucky to be in a situation this year that had ZERO financial impact on me so I’m happy to contribute as per usual. But as I’ve said all year it’s understandable for any one struggling to have stronger reactions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Happy to support the club regardless but all these add ons and conditions are annoying and confusing.

How about just giving us a seat (no subsidising Ticketmaster please) for 11 games for $ xxx. Can’t be that hard.

I was amused by the maths gymnastics of the deal. They start by telling me I will be paying $140 less for my usual membership. “that’s cool!” Then comes the “ you will have access to reserved seating through a $10 booking fee each game”. Oh, that’s $90 added back on to price. Then follows the Ballarat add on clincher gift then cancels out and exceeds the $140 saving so proudly announced at the start. I suppose the free away game add on is their sweetener except at least 6 of them are interstate plus Geelong which is considered non Melbourne which is where the $125 value for what is about 4 possible away games. But then that balances out with the fact it would still require booking a reserved seat I’m guessing since COVID Normal will probably still be seating only in the mould of Essendon home games at Marvel over the years. The whole thing just made me smile.

But it’s a tough situation. I suppose if worse case scenario happens again at least I’m donating $140 less ( per person - I still pay for my adult kids so about $320 total) than this year to support the club without attending and if I can only attend some games I’m not paying as much up front. My adult son doesn’t come as much as he used to so I’m saving money on him with a per game seat booking rather than whole season deal. I’m a Bulldog for Life who was lucky to be in a situation this year that had ZERO financial impact on me so I’m happy to contribute as per usual. But as I’ve said all year it’s understandable for any one struggling to have stronger reactions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's the deal, why do we do it ? A lot of people I know still pay their adult kids memberships.

As we work through these membership offerings, I think it's good policy to take a calm, 'wait and see' attitude towards going to the footy next season. We cannot predict where we will be at in respect to Covid. Repeating waves of the virus may be with us until we have a vaccine; the European situation is a sobering reminder of this. Worse case scenario is another season like this or even no football at all. Of course, we should be optimistic about a much better experience next season but it's wise to hope rather than expect this to be so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The dwindling case numbers are great news and if they continue, are a good sign that crowds will at least return in some capacity in Melbourne.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thank God we've got a $20 Bulldogs Shop voucher instead of beanie/cap/scarf now. How many of these things can you use!? My storage ain't big enough. And they were probably worth $5 after mass production in a sweat shop under an AFL contract.
Point taken but I like the scarf every year. One day I’d like to sew (or get someone else to haha) all of them together into a blanket of some sort.

Point taken but I like the scarf every year. One day I’d like to sew (or get someone else to haha) all of them together into a blanket of some sort.
Yes! Zsa Zsa will be very disappointed next year.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I couldn’t say no to the Ballarat and AFLW add ons fast enough

Hopefully enough do the same for Ballarat to send the club a message

ard79

Debutant
Sep 5, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I couldn’t say no to the Ballarat and AFLW add ons fast enough

Hopefully enough do the same for Ballarat to send the club a message

I’m happy to say no to Ballarat add on, but I will still say yes to AFLw and Backyard Bulldog.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The message being that some bloke from Wyndham Vale has a bee in his bonnet.

coz I live on Wyndhamvale do I?? I digest that is a veiled insult but you wouldn’t admit it so meh

and yeah I think the Ballarat project is a complete joke

You really are one of them aren’t you? Lol

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
coz I live on Wyndhamvale do I?? I digest that is a veiled insult but you wouldn’t admit it so meh

and yeah I think the Ballarat project is a complete joke

You really are one of them aren’t you? Lol
You digest whatever you want mate. It’s hardly an ‘insult’. I just know it’s an issue you have been very vocal on in the past.

I don’t have a stake in it either way.

I’m very happy to support the club and it’s Ballarat initiative. Covid had only reinforced the potential growth in regional areas.

It’s nice to think that those in charge have a longer term growth outlook.

A blinkered, inside the square approach will be the downfall of an AFL club soon enough.

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I could never bear to microwave a membership card, as I’m a hoarder of just about everything. So in frustration last week, I photocopied this year’s cards, and microwaved those. I can tell you it’s nowhere near the satisfaction level, as there is no melting. I think all clubs should supply duplicate cards each season for knee-jerk melts.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I find it funny that when I voiced my opinion that memberships are not worth it for interstate fans like myself, I copped so much criticism including some accusing me of not being a real fan.

And now that some of you lot based in Victoria are getting less value for your membership, you're talking about cancelling. Funny that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back