List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

If we forget about the Neale & Port trades, we still had #6, #11, #19, #23 before the Lobb and Hogan trades.

Right now, it doesn't feel like we got a lot out of those picks.

Ben King 6 and Jordan Clark 11 and Lobb 19 but no Hogan would have been sweet...but spilt milk is for losers so we move on.

Just to add on the hypotheticals.

We had no footy manager and Steve Rosich/ Bell stepped in.

I’m comfortable at this point it wasn’t a distaster as all our picks are still on the list with 5/6 playing regular best 22.

King is the only one of the picks That have shown enough to warrant it not being a good trade.

2018 Dockers players:
Hogan
Lobb
Sturt
Valente
Bewley
Shultz

Those “potential” 2018 picks were:

6 - king
11 - Caldwell
19 - Stocker
23 - Mcklennen
49 - Scott (F/Son) [50 Kennerly ]
55 - Answorth
Some good players around those picks even if we didn't pick those exact players too

Butters would be available at 11, Bobby Hill or Valente at 23
due to academy selections, we actually could have hypothetically been left with
6 - Ben King
14 - Hately (Jordan Clark taken the pick after, sturt 3 picks after)
22 - O’Halloran (McLennan, Bobby Hill, Valente, Rowbottom some names that were on the board then)
27 (I think)- Tom Sparrow (Will Hamill who I like and Valente on the board as well)

More and more rumours circulating that Swans are keen on Hogan. What's his current value though?
Dylan Stephens :thumbsu:

Come on you know there is no way we would have traded Neale for only 1 first round pick if the opportunity to get Hogan hadn't existed. In isolation we would have either rejected it outright and forced him to seek a trade the following season, or held out for more. This was RTB's preference wasn't it? (Although as has been said in public now they all owned the deal).
I'm being a bit pedantic, but there's lots of ripples if you remove a trade. If we don't trade 6 to port then they will still want to draft Rozee. If we're keeping pick 6 Ports best chance of getting Rozee is to get Brisbane's pick 5. They paid picks 11, 23, 30, 35, 49 and Mayes. If they're that keen on him they could easily offer Brisbane 11 and a future first, who then pass that on to us. That's just one hypothetical.
We'll never know I guess.

Dylan Stephens :thumbsu:
Future 1st?

Clarke if he applies himself could be a superstar. Very good over his head, very quick and also a penetrating pick. Also goes in hard for a predominantly outside player. He would fill one of our wing positions very nicely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cats lose Kelly, don't play Clark, Narkle and just smashed a team that likes fast transition, denied the middle corridor.
If Clark does play hard then ok?
But finals footy is a physical arm wrestle first, then when it opens up the class shines.
Who are our Warriors and do we have enough ticker?
Have to be able to take your chances to score, Hawkins, Danger, ie Tabs, Fyfe is a plus.
But Tigers have more options again and play on the edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take Sydney’s 2021 first for hogan in a heartbeat. That selection would give us some serious options going into the draft. Eg: Logan McDonald would then very much come into play. Could do pick 10 and 2021 first rounder (either our own or Sydney’s) for 2020 pick 2 with North Melbourne. Then use pick 2 to draft Logan.
yep, I could get behind that trade ok!

I would take Sydney’s 2021 first for hogan in a heartbeat. That selection would give us some serious options going into the draft. Eg: Logan McDonald would then very much come into play. Could do pick 10 and 2021 first rounder (either our own or Sydney’s) for 2020 pick 2 with North Melbourne. Then use pick 2 to draft Logan.
yep, I could get behind that trade ok!

North Melbourne probably wouldn’t do it. Plus Adelaide could take McDonald pick one anyway.

Any chance of getting McDonald was over when we didn’t win the spoon. No ones traded the no.1 pick in nearly two decades.

Your point?
Under Lyon we played manic pressure, drafted,traded poorly, then went away from our brand.
It's about balance of drafting, trading and developing your own.
The velvet glove in the iron fist, our club has always had Messiah trades, over rated other clubs players.
Our Drafting from 2015 onwards has been excellent, trading not so much.

Hogan to Sydney I could actually see that happening. He won’t be let go for a second round pick. Future 1st would be an option. A three way trade with Geelong to net us Clarke would be another option.

We’d have to be looking at getting a KPF coming in the other way.

Most likely scenario still remains Hogan stays. Also likely that Mihocek and Jordan Clarke stay with their respective clubs but they are all possibilities.

Also more likely that we do nothing, make a few pick swaps or select Narkle with a rookie pick or as DFA.

Hogan to Sydney I could actually see that happening. He won’t be let go for a second round pick. Future 1st would be an option. A three way trade with Geelong to net us Clarke would be another option.

We’d have to be looking at getting a KPF coming in the other way.

Most likely scenario still remains Hogan stays. Also likely that Mihocek and Jordan Clarke stay with their respective clubs but they are all possibilities.

Also more likely that we do nothing, make a few pick swaps or select Narkle with a rookie pick or as DFA.

It's obvious to alot of us he's going. Dale Alcock's interview yesterday the smoking gun.

Virgin Dog

Talk to us mate...

Any freo trading updates? Mihocek still looking like he's staying?
Updated the other day on here - De Goey won't be getting as big money as he wanted and Phillips being moved on, so they've been able to up their offer to Mihocek. The whole Cameron thing has thrown a spanner in the works, because if they convince him to come along then it's pretty much 99% chance they withdraw the Mihocek offer. I would be surprised if anything happens with Mihocek prior to free agency period as they have to wait and see what Cameron does. Freo still have best offer but it's not as clear cut now thanks to the Pies situation. It's a wait and see unfortunately, but I'd still expect he ends up at Freo

Updated the other day on here - De Goey won't be getting as big money as he wanted and Phillips being moved on, so they've been able to up their offer to Mihocek. The whole Cameron thing has thrown a spanner in the works, because if they convince him to come along then it's pretty much 99% chance they withdraw the Mihocek offer. I would be surprised if anything happens with Mihocek prior to free agency period as they have to wait and see what Cameron does. Freo still have best offer but it's not as clear cut now thanks to the Pies situation. It's a wait and see unfortunately, but I'd still expect he ends up at Freo

Nice quick update!

It's obvious to alot of us he's going. Dale Alcock's interview yesterday the smoking gun.
Not obvious but it certainly firming.

What I read into Alcock who isn’t the best media performer let’s be honest.

They need to meet with Hogan after he returns from leave and that will be discussed (whether he wishes to explore a trade). They are also working through a club imposed Penalty for his quarantine Breach.

I think what will happen for what it’s worth is Hogan (his management and FFC) will come out and say they are open to trade but happy to see out the 3rd year of his contract if that doesn’t eventuate.

It has to work for all parties. He is not going to be scrapped and released from his contract. He’s been no where near that bad and on the field showed promising signs. Plus our club captain said they won’t discard him which is good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back