How many weeks for cotchin's dangerous tackle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that’s on the AFL and not Trent Cotchin.
Totally.

If I'm a defender that gets taken high from behind by Tom Lynch which results in concussion (Sean Dempster, Matt Maguire, etc. etc.) I would be suing the AFL instantly, and using footage from that game and from Hardwick's press conference as irrefutable proof that the AFL encourage dangerous head high contact.

Two separate incidents. Two blood rules. Zero free kicks.

Then Hardwick wraps up Lynch for crashing the packs as instructed.

Not only no report for careless or reckless, high contact - NOT EVEN A FREE KICK!!

How would the AFL have a leg to stand on when they're sued when they encourage this stuff??

Totally.

If I'm a defender that gets taken high from behind by Tom Lynch which results in concussion (Sean Dempster, Matt Maguire, etc. etc.) I would be suing the AFL instantly, and using footage from that game and from Hardwick's press conference as irrefutable proof that the AFL encourage dangerous head high contact.

Two separate incidents. Two blood rules. Zero free kicks.

Then Hardwick wraps up Lynch for crashing the packs as instructed.

Not only no report for careless or reckless, high contact - NOT EVEN A FREE KICK!!

How would the AFL have a leg to stand on when they're sued when they encourage this stuff??

Yes lynch is the only forward to ever crash a pack....

Lynch will be saved by the fact it was barely any contact and it was to the shoulder/collarbone and not the face. A couple of inches over and hes probably gone. Very silly act, but there's nothing in the force or impact, its negligible in that regard so will get off.
4th time

Regardless of how he's been playing, he sets the tone and the players rally behind him. It'd be a huge blow to the sides morale if he missed.
Yep he sets the tone

Staging
Sniping
Whinging
Good tone

Wonder what Mrs Hardwick thinks

Very average

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pffft, Lynch was pushed off balance and put up the forearm at the last second to protect himself. Kinda like Hawklns - Balta - Soldo but it took out a teammate instead.

Cotchin a little bit naughty but no strike, no injury, no suspension.

Lynch, not newsworthy.
That huge river in Egypt has been diverted to punt road
Strong current De Nile

For those likening Cotchin's conduct to Long, notice how Cotchin didn't bump.

Cotchin maybe but I really don't think that they will suspend Lynch for that. It was a low impact contact.
High contact with intent
Dangerous play
offThe ball behind play
3 weeks down to 2

Basically assault

There was already a free kick. He was tackled to stop him taking advantage. You can argue maybe its 50m penalty but that's not how the rules work.
Local footy he would have and should have been sent off

Average act
Average bloke

Back when real men played he would have been carried off for that dog act

Two weeks in a row

Wonder if our Richmond pals would change their tune
If it was their child Getting clotheslines
Jaw
Teeth
Broken neck

Just imagine

Let's teach it at Auskick

But Trent does it mum it's fine, dimma said it's the go

It’s literally what the AFL want you to do with the whole ‘choose to bump and make high contact’ ruling.
You can argue it’s 50 and if it was in play definitely a free for high contact, but in no way is it a suspension.
So I play against your son after doing it last week and getting warned and do that to him IN THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES
You're okay

REALLY

Yes lynch is the only forward to ever crash a pack....
Try a memory
Anthony Rocca

Missed 2003

SAME THING
LESS DAMAGE
try 2002
Jason Cloke
Same less damage

No wonder Lynch went to Richmond
Free kicks
Immunity card
Compared to others

Obvious and embarrasing

I don't have a son.

Footy is footy. High tackles happen. Doesn't mean a bloke deserves a week. We move on. Imagine if every free for high contact was an automatic suspension.
Rubbish
If you were old enough Gould be livid

If he broke his jaw or teeth or worse a spinal injury you'd be lawyering up

Duty of care

Oh and the difference between Lynch s elbow to Patton that dimmas so rapt in and
Cloke 2002
Rocca 2003

What a crock

Rubbish
If you were old enough Gould be livid

If he broke his jaw or teeth or worse a spinal injury you'd be lawyering up

Duty of care

Oh and the difference between Lynch s elbow to Patton that dimmas so rapt in and
Cloke 2002
Rocca 2003

What a crock

Have another look, Lynch gets pushed off balance at the last minute and puts the arm up to protect himself in the collision.

It's done and dusted, you're getting upset over nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back