List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know the rules re trading future draft picks and how we are placed? I am pretty sure there are restrictions but cannot recall what they are.
After any trade you must end up with either
a) A first rounder, or
b) all of 2nd 3rd and 4th rounds

All clubs will have a clean sheet for future picks because you can't have traded 2021 picks already.

With our cap space we have to top up and make our list better, we cannot afford to accept our list as good enough for next year. We need a crumbing forward, a key defender and a midfielder to replace boak/rockliff.

On ELS-AN10 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree, we have money to burn. Lets grab another A grader on a front ended contract and win a flag next year.

Who knows what pasini will be and McKenzie and Lienert should realistically just be depth players.

Underrating McKenzie horribly there. He’s very much a first 22 player.

We are drafting Jones to replace Jonas.. same height of 188cm, similar-ish roles

Jones is well shorter than Jonas 189cms. Last I saw jones was listed at 185cm in testing.

While it would be nice the 188cm sanfl listing is questionable.

I don’t see jones a future key defender.

Cameron who?
Pretty sure he meant either Darcy Cameron or getting Cameron Mooney out of retirement.

Godfather offer to Cameron please
Intersting proposition, I would have to have a Dixon & Cameron forward line.

The alternative is spend the money elsewhere and back in MG to develop ? The Midfield let us down Friday Night, do we spent the money on a fast, inside/outside mid to replace Rockliff ?

Do we back Rozee to be that player and spend 70% of his time in the midfield and bring in a forward half player ? (Could D.Williams be that forward half player and have a big enough impact in his first year?)

The games we have lost have typically come on the back of the midfield not being good enough and with our best midfielder being 32 makes sense we look to that part of the ground.

Underrating McKenzie horribly there. He’s very much a first 22 player.

Jones is well shorter than Jonas 189cms. Last I saw jones was listed at 185cm in testing.

While it would be nice the 188cm sanfl listing is questionable.

I don’t see jones a future key defender.
His last listing was 188cm, and Jonas is 188cm not 189cm.

Even if your figures are right (theyre not) if you think 3cm is a “well shorter” then i think you lost some marbles.

Looking forward, a core midfield group of Wines, SPP, Houston, Rozee & Butters appears more then capable & well balanced on paper.

Making this achievable in 2021 is unrealistic, which means we are still going to have to heavily rely on meaningful contributions from Trav, Rocky & to a lesser extent Robbie.

No disrespect to Rocky, but his lack of pace & kicking penetration was on full display against the Tigers and I’m not sure he should be considered best 22 next year. Who fills that void?

The other obvious hole in our list is no genuine KPB.

Huge Trade period coming up for the club.

There's a 50% chance were interested in Jeremy Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last listing was 188cm, and Jonas is 188cm not 189cm.

Even if your figures are right (theyre not) if you think 3cm is a “well shorter” then i think you lost some marbles.

Jones official testing was 185cm

The sanfl site is the only site to list him as 188cm. I’ve asked a few people that know these things and they’ve said they would trust the testing over the sanfl listing until proven otherwise.

Jonas being a short kpp is the exception rather than the norm. Spp is what 188/189 and built like a brick shithouse.. is he a kpp?

Reckon that's a shot at Brad and his manager that he's probably asking too much...Port would be interested if the $$ was right.
I also think it’s realistic, that the crows wouldn’t let him go as a free agent for what we are willing to pay for him, and we are not willing to trade what they would want.

Jones official testing was 185cm

The sanfl site is the only site to list him as 188cm. I’ve asked a few people that know these things and they’ve said they would trust the testing over the sanfl listing until proven otherwise.

Jonas being a short kpp is the exception rather than the norm. Spp is what 188/189 and built like a brick shithouse.. is he a kpp?
Again if you think 3cm is “well shorter” then you have lost some marbles

I never claimed Jonas is a KPP, you did. He regularly plays on the Dangerfields, De Goeys, Martins etc rather then the Hawkins, Dixon types. So to call him a KPP is a bit silly IMO. Would be the only KPP in the league that is 188cm. So to answer your question no SPP obviously isn’t a KPP.. duh..

Doesn’t change the fact that we are drafting Jones as a Jonas replacement. I think most people would be aware to that fact

Again if you think 3cm is “well shorter” then you have lost some marbles

I never claimed Jonas is a KPP, you did. He regularly plays on the Dangerfields, De Goeys, Martins etc rather then the Hawkins, Dixon types. So to call him a KPP is a bit silly IMO. Would be the only KPP in the league that is 188cm. So to answer your question no SPP obviously isn’t a KPP.. duh..

Doesn’t change the fact that we are drafting Jones as a Jonas replacement. I think most people would be aware to that fact

Jonas is a kpp.

Jones is not.

Jonas is a kpp.

Jones is not.

Agreed. Jones is aggresive, good tackler etc but not a key defender.
More a running defender who will play on the Breust, Lynch, Papley types.
Will be a gun.

Jonas is actually a pretty amazing key defender for his height...his subtle body work is massively underrated and enables him to play on smalls and talls.
So many times his opponants are worked under the ball allowing him to spoil.
He's stepped up even more this year with his intercept marking.

Crouch can't hit a target inside 50. Stop trying "to replace" players like Boak, Rocky, Wines etc.
We need a midfield that has players like Martin/Cotchin/Edwards/Prestia or Shuey/Gaff/Sheed/Kelly/Yeo.
All can hit targets and win their own ball- enough of this 1 dimensional inside mid who has no foot skills as it doesn't win you premierships!

There isn't really any evidence that Jones can do anything other than shutdown defending. He doesn't run the ball and doesn't take a heap of intercept marks. His strength is 1 on 1 defending and at sanfl level he his very accomplished at this.

Jones definitely isn't a KPD but will be a 🔨 hartlett type defender hopefully better at shutting forwards down nothing wrong with that it's what we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back