EPL Matchday 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Not enough talk of Robertson’s off the ball rake of Allan’s calf/achilles or Mane’s wild studs up high boot into Digne’s chest.

Or does this not fit the narrative that Liverpool are always the victim and have never done wrong?

Not enough talk of Robertson’s off the ball rake of Allan’s calf/achilles or Mane’s wild studs up high boot into Digne’s chest.

Or does this not fit the narrative that Liverpool are always the victim and have never done wrong?

Lol. For starters your player shoved Robertson into Allan.

Wild studs up tackle into chest? Lol.

Everton are known and have a history of trying to injure Liverpool players in derbies. Laughable your trying to bring up these two incidents.

Maybe VAR being in place for offside goals within millimetres is the fault of football supporters who have wanted precisely that for years because we wanted to eliminate human error? I am sure we can find posts on this very forum of people complaining about goals that were given when they were offside by millimeters upon replay, before VAR became a thing.

I don't think you can blame supporters for the way technology is being used. The consensus seems to be that when VAR draws the lines and a player is on or off by a millimetre they should be judged level and thus onside.

For now, the VAR team need to make it clear to fans about their rulings on those extremely close calls.

There’s your problem. As a sugardaddy club there’s an expectation to buy the best, even at exorbitant prices. It’s ok sometimes to scout properly and find hidden gems for less.

Never filling all holes you say... Defence was far more pressing a need. Nearly cost top 4 last season.

Ummm, ok. I don't see what the problem is, but no matter what we did you'd complain about it.

Sugardaddy is such a weird insult haha, but hey we do have an owner who likes winning stuff over making a profit. Great for us fans.

We do like to buy the best, who doesn't? Not sure any this season were exorbitant. Havertz and Chilwell we got under what their clubs originally wanted(but we did pay top dollar), Werner was a bargain at his buyout, Silva was FREE and Mendy who knows yet. Maybe he'll be one of those hidden gems(like our captain and a few youf coming through);)

What was wrong with our scouting? We had a fantastic summer.

Defence was as pressing need as the attack, both needed as much as the other. We lost 3 of our best 4 forwards over the last 12 months and replaced them with class. But we also bought in a CB, LB and GK:think:

We also are filling holes in our squad and first 11 with academy products. Which I love.

Im not sold on Frank being the one to lead us to glory but we are building a great squad.

Last edited:
Lol. For starters your player shoved Robertson into Allan.

Wild studs up tackle into chest? Lol.

Everton are known and have a history of trying to injure Liverpool players in derbies. Laughable your trying to bring up these two incidents.

Delicious tears, forgot it’s only one way in these games. Please accept my apologies for upsetting you.

7136B04E-0A16-46D8-B886-B2E59A6AB637.jpeg 96590FE8-EE14-48FE-833E-56EE19A9F18B.jpeg BD3C43EA-D430-4773-86A4-E3E9ED7E8C54.jpeg 583B1433-7274-4785-B911-CA829608D0EA.jpeg 35D9C808-3654-4E67-A50C-554FD11F55A1.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol stop melting, he wasnt faking anything, got shoved into the player, was almost subbed with Milner ready to come on.

Er ok. You just acknowledged that he faked it and are now tying yourself in knots. Take a breath.

With VAR you're going to win some and lose some - I'm not going to cry about us losing the points there because we've had the rub of the green a few times. The dangerous play is worthy of a serious melt though - Pickford was reckless and has caused what looks like a serious knee injury to one of the best defenders in the world. Richarlison looks like he had genuine intent to cause injury - sickening.

It was probably in his mind that he might get a red. Probably should have.

Probably wasnt a consideration at all. He was shoved into another Everton player after passing the ball and there was little contact. Milner was ready to come on, there was communication by the physio that he might have to come off. If the ball was in play it might have been a foul and possibly a yellow.

Comparing it to the Richarlison/Pickford challenges is simply laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back