Memberships 2021 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 55,832)

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously there is a breaking point where people will decide not to get a membership, but it was pretty clear this year that most members see the financial commitment as more than just an entrance fee to games. The club was able to retain close to all members despite those members knowing they wouldn’t be able to go to games. The impact covid has on membership is impossible to predict, but I’d be surprised if there was a huge downwards swing.

Obviously there is a breaking point where people will decide not to get a membership, but it was pretty clear this year that most members see the financial commitment as more than just an entrance fee to games. The club was able to retain close to all members despite those members knowing they wouldn’t be able to go to games. The impact covid has on membership is impossible to predict, but I’d be surprised if there was a huge downwards swing.

Agree. And apparently we had the best retention/increase percentage wise. We may not have the most but we certainly have some of the most loyal. In the day and age of Netflix, Spotify etc $15 a month makes jt just another subscription service and I for one get a lot more out of supporting the saints over some corporation...

I am always a pessimist. I am lucky I didn't say 35,000.

Chairman Dan will not let us out. Shops not opening only 1 covid case out of over 6 million people

It's the active cases and mystery cases holding us up now. 7 new cases and 49 active in NSW, Victoria has 1 new case but 148 active cases. Each case can exponentially spread quickly as we learnt the hard way.

We should be extremely grateful that we are living here, a friend who comes from the US lost 2 older relatives in the last few weeks and her friend who was 47 and ran marathons died of it. The second waves in Europe are bigger than the initial wave. Israel who had it under control like we did had a second wave and now have 300,000+ cases.

If we have to wait another week to get it really under control I'll manage. If we had a massive outbreak, the financial and personal toll would make this look like a walk in the park.

It's the active cases and mystery cases holding us up now. 7 new cases and 49 active in NSW, Victoria has 1 new case but 148 active cases. Each case can exponentially spread quickly as we learnt the hard way.

We should be extremely grateful that we are living here, a friend who comes from the US lost 2 older relatives in the last few weeks and her friend who was 47 and ran marathons died of it. The second waves in Europe are bigger than the initial wave. Israel who had it under control like we did had a second wave and now have 300,000+ cases.

If we have to wait another week to get it really under control I'll manage. If we had a massive outbreak, the financial and personal toll would make this look like a walk in the park.
Surely the active cases number is irrelevant. They are already ring fenced.
Mystery cases is a different story.

I wonder what happened with the $200 donation to the club that put me in a draw for a trip to the game in China????
Thought they might at least have contacted us or had a draw to attend a game in Australia. Bit ordinary. I’ll be bringing it up when they call me for another $200 for next year.
And then I’ll give them the $200.

Did anyone recieve a T-Shirt from the club for the $40 donation? It was supposed to be black with a small saints stickman logo on the front. Mine never arrived and I've contacted the club a few times without an update.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did anyone recieve a T-Shirt from the club for the $40 donation? It was supposed to be black with a small saints stickman logo on the front. Mine never arrived and I've contacted the club a few times without an update.

Yep I got mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly anyone refunded but they had already bought the membership.

I would think people would be much more likely to wait and see what the season will look like before purchasing this year.

I decided to ask to not take it. I figured they'd save some money if I didn't.

Yep I got mine

You guys and girls get an email today?
The saints pass and the voucher thingy?

Not sure if its all memberships
We are 2 prem i/state with one aflw

Anyhoo heres the pass thingy
Saints

YOUR REWARD IS HERE!
Saints Pass
To thank you for your loyalty and support in 2020, on renewal of your 2021 membership you will receive a complimentary Saints Pass for the season. Saints Pass gives you exclusive access to content, events and offers. You'll receive discounts from our partners, discounted tickets, videos filmed from the club's inner sanctum and more throughout the year.

Then im given a 20$ voucher to go towards whatever i want to buy as my member item
So no beanie or scarf choose option, you use the voucher to get what you want and will have to make up the difference

You still get the pack with sticker pin lanyard and card

Saints

YOUR REWARD IS HERE!
Saints Pass
To thank you for your loyalty and support in 2020, on renewal of your 2021 membership you will receive a complimentary Saints Pass for the season. Saints Pass gives you exclusive access to content, events and offers. You'll receive discounts from our partners, discounted tickets, videos filmed from the club's inner sanctum and more throughout the year.

Then im given a 20$ boucher to go towards whatever i want to buy as my member item
So no beanie or scarf choose option, you use the voucher to get what you want and will have to make up the difference

Yeh I got the Saints Pass as well. Just sounds like the normal member exclusive stuff we already get, see what actually happens with it.

Must be based on membership type as it looks like some people got seat upgrades/victory room access/free memberships to give away.
I'm just a country member.

Don't mind the idea of the voucher instead of a cap/scarf. (Assuming we don't have to pay shipping)
Some things you can get for under $25 at the saints locker:
Beanie
Scarf
Musical pen
Drink bottle
Stubby holder
Bottle opener
Mask
Calendar
Kids footy
Dummy
Beer stein
Socks
Various kids stuff

Saints

YOUR REWARD IS HERE!
Saints Pass

Then im given a 20$ voucher to go towards whatever i want to buy as my member item

I'm a Level 1, reserved seat member and got Access into the Victory Room. Was very underwhelmed after seeing people post what they got in the members facebook group.

I know it is a gesture and they club didn't have to do anything. But it's disappointing to see other members get level upgrades, access into away games or a free jumpers etc, and I get something I have zero interest in and will never use.

Christ i think i get acces to victory room as interstate prem lol
Wouldve thought rsv level one member mightve got more than that brut
I feel like a bit of an ass being disappointed about a free upgrade since it's a nice gesture from the club but it does suck getting the crappy upgrade while others get something I would actually want.

Oh well, thats my whinge over. Bring on 2021 where we can hopefully go to the games.

I feel like a bit of an ass being disappointed about a free upgrade since it's a nice gesture from the club but it does suck getting the crappy upgrade while others get something I would actually want.

Oh well, thats my whinge over. Bring on 2021 where we can hopefully go to the games.

Got the same as you - somewhat underwhelming, but not too fussed. Not really interested in going there - if we’re even allowed to go to games. I’m a level 3, reserved seat member.
I wonder if it’s based on years of membership?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back