AFL Grand Final No More Excuses About Where The Grand Final Is

Remove this Banner Ad

The main thing with the bias is the MCG team having the home ground advantage on grand final day...not making the grand final itself.

So this whole thread is irrelevant.

But you know that...being an entitled Richmond flog
You're insults are so cutting, and they really strengthen your argument.
But there is no evidence for an advantage for Victorian clubs on grand final day.
We've got 30 years of data.

You sticking your fingers in your ears, having a tantrum and hurling insults doesn't change that.

There is statistical evidence for home ground advantage in the H&A season and in other finals. The net beneficiaries of this advantage are non Victorian Clubs, especially the Eagles.

So the Eagles get a net statistical advantage in the H&A season and in finals. However they don't carry that advantage into the Grand Final. The Grand Final is neutral. That fact seems to really upset some West Australians. It's kind of like they feel entitled to advantages and feel if they whinge and tantrum enough, the adults will give into their demands.
It might be how you've been brought up to believe the world works, but it isn't how the world works. Despite what mummy told you, the world doesn't owe you, it doesn't exist to make you happy and it doesn't exist to give into your every hearts desire. Continuing to believe that will inevitably lead to depression.

There is an advantage to playing in your home state/home ground and you would be a moron to think otherwise. There is a reason why teams try to finish higher and get a 'home final'. Just because these teams didn't make the most of the advantage, it doesn't mean the advantage doesn't exist.

I reckon it had more to do with both sides not having the on field experience of high pressure finals football that cost them, and both playing 1 game of football in 3 or so weeks.

I agree, if you're good enough, you win anywhere. But playing at home has always been an advantage and always will.

For every interstate team that makes a GF and complains about playing it away, they dont complain about the massive advantage having interstate home games is.

The amount of Interstate sides making GF and winning them since the comp went national is testament to this.

Interstate sides aren't oppressed

Pies beat eagles in WA
Rich beat Port in SA
Geel beat Bris in QLD

interstate sides are just sh*t, no bias.

If this season proves one thing, it's if you wanna win an AFL flag you have to turn up and win games regardless of the circumstances.

Complaining about it is a loser's mentality.

It's a bit like life when you think about it.

For every interstate team that makes a GF and complains about playing it away, they dont complain about the massive advantage having interstate home games is.

The amount of Interstate sides making GF and winning them since the comp went national is testament to this.

Interstate sides aren't oppressed

Swings and roundabouts. For every home game during the H&A season, there’s a need for interstate teams to travel the next week to play away. Finals other than the grand final are also fair as the home ground advantage depends on ladder position / winning finals.

Obviously the additional travel for interstate sides is a factor (as Melbourne sides can remain in Victoria to play a large number of their away games), but there’s limits as to what the AFL can do to address this.

The issue is the advantage for Melbourne teams to play the Grand Final at the MCG every year. The current arrangement trades off fairness in the most important game of the season for money, organisational efficiency and the optics of playing at “the home of football” (TM). It’s anachronistic in a national competition and needs to be addressed.

Spare me the excuses from interstate supporters about your team and the Grand Final being played at the MCG.

Because not only will a Victorian team win the Premiership.....the game will be decided between two Victorian teams in Queensland.

It's done!

What's done?

Are we now playing the GF all over the country instead at Victoria every bloody year?

It is actually poetic justice tha t an all Vic GF is being played in QLD with very few Vic supporters able to attend and the teams sort of travelling away from their comfy MCG.

Its what every interstate team does every GF.

So suck it up buddy.

Congrats Richmond

3 flags in 4 years deserves credit

cats just making up numbers

Nah. Tigers finally have a decent opponent and the refs won't know who to shaft.

Crows were smashed by the refs and simply weren't good enough to cover that. GWS simply didn't turn up.

Geelong will turn up so no soft opposition this year.

What's done?

Are we now playing the GF all over the country instead at Victoria every bloody year?

It is actually poetic justice tha t an all Vic GF is being played in QLD with very few Vic supporters able to attend and the teams sort of travelling away from their comfy MCG.

Its what every interstate team does every GF.

So suck it up buddy.
Guess diff is supporters can travel (at mighty expense mind you) but this year Vic fans cant.

Afraid not......Grand Final will be at the MCG until 2057.

As it should be.

You're in our competition......remember that.

Be grateful you got an invitation.

You're welcome to leave at anytime.

God bless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afraid not......Grand Final will be at the MCG until 2057.

As it should be.

You're in our competition......remember that.

Be grateful you got an invitation.

You're welcome to leave at anytime.

God bless.
Lol your rabble of a club is lucky to still be in the competition, Tassie may still get their team when the VFL relocates you.

Spare me the excuses from interstate supporters about your team and the Grand Final being played at the MCG.

Because not only will a Victorian team win the Premiership.....the game will be decided between two Victorian teams in Queensland.

It's done!

you're confusing the right to host home ground advantage, with what teams do with that advantage

Id actually politely state it emphasises the importance of where the GF is ( and the importance of giving teams games at the GF venue).

Geelong had a lot of games at the Gabba this season, which allowed them to get used to the venue.

In the interests of fairness and equity all non victorian sides need at least 5 games at the Mcg per year, so we too can get used to the venue.
I would say this is the gripe most supporters outside of Vic have, more than one or two games a year at the MCG would be all that’s required to make the fixture more even. This season has proved that point with how well teams like Geelong and Richmond are playing at venues they’ve had 10 games at for the season.

I love the GF at the MCG, but all teams need at least 3-4 games there every season.

If I invite you to a party of mine......you don't get to dictate where the gathering takes place.
Lol if it wasn’t for interstate teams’ contribution to the AFL’s bottom line your club would have been the first on the scrap heap. You should be grateful.

And sorry to be the one to tell you but if this is North Melbournes’ party most of the guests have broken your windows, spilled red wine on your couch, stolen your car and left a huge mess for you to clean up.
Apparently you had some good parties in the 90s though.

Both Victorian and non Victorian teams have advantages and disadvantages every year, which over three decades of results have shown to even themselves out in the end. This year certainly makes a mockery of the vfl bias nonsense that’s strangely popular outside of Victoria. People in general have a very insular view of things, I’ve never heard a non Victorian complain that the bulldogs have never been allowed to have a home final in the AFL. In the same way Victorians won’t pay much attention to non Victorian teams playing in Tasmania.

Meh it's 1 year small sample size. Brisbane weren't a true top 4 team. Only got there due to 15 home games
Let’s substitute them for fifth then. Oh wait, they also got beaten at home to a side that went on to lose their semi by over ten goals.

Must’ve only had three true top four teams 🤷‍♂️

I would say this is the gripe most supporters outside of Vic have, more than one or two games a year at the MCG would be all that’s required to make the fixture more even. This season has proved that point with how well teams like Geelong and Richmond are playing at venues they’ve had 10 games at for the season.

I love the GF at the MCG, but all teams need at least 3-4 games there every season.
So what you want is more MCG tenants. I suppose we probably could do with a few more Melbourne teams to facilitate the request.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back