Shield Sheffield Shield Round 2: South Australia vs Tasmania, Karen Rolton Oval, 19-22 Oct, 11 AM AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Squads:

South Australia: Travis Head (c), Wes Agar, Tom Cooper, Brad Davis, Callum Ferguson, Henry Hunt, Conor McInerney, Harry Nielsen, Lloyd Pope, Luke Robins, Chadd Sayers, Liam Scott, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Nick Winter

Tasmania: Tim Paine (c), Tom Andrews, Gabe Bell, Jackson Bird, Alex Doolan, Jake Doran, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Nathan Ellis, Sam Rainbird, Peter Siddle, Jordan Silk, Matthew Wade (to join squad ahead of Round Three), Charlie Wakim, Tim Ward, Beau Webster, Mac Wright

Possible sides:

South Australia:

Henry Hunt
Jake Weatherald
Brad Davis
Travis Head (c)
Conor McInerney
Harry Nielson (+)
Liam Scott
Nick Winter
Chadd Sayers
Wes Agar
Lloyd Pope

In: McInerney
Out: Cooper

Tasmania:

Jordan Silk
Jake Doran
Mac Wright
Ben McDermott
Beau Webster
Tim Paine (c, +)
Tom Andrews
Nathan Ellis
Peter Siddle
Jackson Bird
Gabe Bell

In: Wright, Andrews
Out: Alex Doolan, Charlie Wakim

I moved Doran up to opening because it suits his blunting style of batting. Him vs Doolan was a genuine 50/50 but I felt Wright had to be included and they needed the spin of Andrews.

Doolan aint getting dropped mate
Since those dual tons against SA he's had 209 runs at 17 with no scores over 50 and 6 scores of 10 or less.

RedTinMania

Senior List
Oct 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Doolan has had long lean runs and kept his place before, see no reason why that would change now, especially not with Doran the alternative. I would rather see Tim Ward as an alternate opener myself, not hugely familiar himself but have heard good things from those who saw him out at Parramatta in sydney grade. Proper opener, not a middle order man promoted.

As for the rabble I support, I suspect unchanged tbh

hotdish

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
Since those dual tons against SA he's had 209 runs at 17 with no scores over 50 and 6 scores of 10 or less.

For sure, not disputing the obvious there, but if you select your top order for round 1, I suspect you'd play them three games before tweaking.

I'll continue to bang the drum for Gabe Bell to play ahead of Meredith, but expect Tassie to go in unchanged.

For sure, not disputing the obvious there, but if you select your top order for round 1, I suspect you'd play them three games before tweaking.

I'll continue to bang the drum for Gabe Bell to play ahead of Meredith, but expect Tassie to go in unchanged.
No way can you not select a spinner in these conditions.

Looking forward to some televised red ball stuff. A seven-camera production, according to Lawrie Colliver on twitter, which eases some questions about what the quality of the broadcast will look like.

hotdish

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
No way can you not select a spinner in these conditions.

Is that a comment specific to Karen Rolten Oval? I have no idea about some of these suburban grounds, so not sure with spin/composition of bowling attack. Tassie's issues over the last 3-4 years has been batting, not wickets regadless.

Is that a comment specific to Karen Rolten Oval? I have no idea about some of these suburban grounds, so not sure with spin/composition of bowling attack. Tassie's issues over the last 3-4 years has been batting, not wickets regadless.
South Australia in general.

You haven't ever watched the CA stream? They are always pretty good in my opinion (especially when they have commentary).
Yeahhh I've watched one or two (thousand) CA streamed games over the years. My honest assessment is they are usually about as good as the lean budget allows.

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I have a feeling Meredith may be "managed" after last match. Qld broke him last match, looked like he was barely bowling 130k at the back end of the bulls innings.

Back