Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that Loma's footwork has held up well enough at lightweight, but you're right that the strength and power of Lopez is a big weapon. If he can land shots, get some momentum early on, then Loma might start looking his age.

Lomachenko needs to go in favourite, but a Lopez win would be far from a massive upset.

I'm still stunned that it isn't PPV. My Grandpa is an old fan, and when I think about the amount of money we've spent paying for so many dud fights on his Foxtel, it staggers me that he'll only need to switch on the TV on Sunday to watch this sort of contest.
It's sad we're conditioned to expect everything to be PPV really

Tszyu v Brubaker = $50. Between them about 40 followers on IG
Loma v Lopez = foxtel/kayo sub. World class, popular and possibly fight of the year.

I hope this brings about a shift in reevaluating what promoters think is PPV worthy but I doubt it does. We'll be gouged forever more

Burge what's the go with Zerafa in terms of next opponents etc? I believe he'd be a dangerous fight for Tzyu tbh. Dicey opponent. Saw he wanted a possible fight with Mundine which is bs as he was finished yonks ago. Anyway the Tzyu fight obviously didn't get drawn up.

Crawford vs Brook next month btw. Garca vs Cambell I'm looking forward to.

Burge what's the go with Zerafa in terms of next opponents etc? I believe he'd be a dangerous fight for Tzyu tbh. Dicey opponent. Saw he wanted a possible fight with Mundine which is bs as he was finished yonks ago. Anyway the Tzyu fight obviously didn't get drawn up.

Crawford vs Brook next month btw. Garca vs Cambell I'm looking forward to.
I haven't heard anything on Zerafa but agree that fight with Tim made much more sense than what Tim is doing. Think MZ is in a weird spot now where he probably thinks he deserves bigger fights than he will get & also isn't the A side. Domestic paydays are s**t so who knows

Any talk of Mundine fighting again is quite sad for AM. His family should step in and the fact they don't says he has a lot of hangers on wanting the money IMO...

Crawford should be walking through 2020 Brook. Fight shouldn't have been made IMO, pretty meaningless. LSC/Tank is a good one in 2 weeks, same day as Usyk/Delboy and Monster/Moloney. 01/11/2020 is a pretty stacked day for boxing actually, like it

Anyone here seen any good Amateurs lately? Up and coming fighters?
Justis Hunni debuts thursday night on fox sports for the Australian Heavyweight title. Was suppose to go to the Olympics but obviously rona hit. Bronze medalist at the last world champs. Not sure on too many other local guys though

Bakhodir Jalolov is a heavweight name worth keeping an eye on. 6-0 as a pro and gold at the last world champs

Good grief, not alot of defence on display during that fight. A knockdown given on replay also

Fights like that deserve a crowd. Heart for days, standing ovation.

Main event soon!

Good grief, not alot of defence on display during that fight. A knockdown given on replay also

Fights like that deserve a crowd. Heart for days, standing ovation.

Main event soon!

Not a lot of movement, offensively or defensive, but some decent spirit.

The scoring was about right.

I gave the 2nd to Loma - he landed the cleaner shots in those 2 separate flurries. Got it 3-1 atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have it 5-1 to Lopez at halfway.

Loma better get busy, he's looked undersized and outmatched for power so far.

I've given Loma the last 3 rounds - things tightening up on my scorecard even though Lopez has been much better over the course of the fight.

I think Lopez did enough in that last round to get the win.

Ended up being a much better contest than the first half suggested. I've got it 115-113 Lopez.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back