Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jesus wept

How some people take ‘Masks reduce the risk of transmission of the virus’ and turn it into ‘Masks stop everything’ is beyond me.
We should also be advised to limit our amount of breaths too because that would limit the spread. You can't deny that. Breathe less everybody

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
5km is no difference to me from 25km, cant go west north or south ill be into regional sector so thanks to daniel andrews I can now go to Watergardens which i'd only ever do to get bait to go fishing which I can't do anyway.

It is just a random number to appease the masses into believing restrictions are easing when in reality we are still in stage 4 lockdowns because his contact tracing team is too incompetent to track down a couple of hundred people.

Let’s be honest, you’re an extreme outlier case if you’re fenced in by regional Victoria on 3 sides and going 25km from home only gets you to watergardens.

The vast majority of metro Melbourne’s population can now see friends on the other side of the city for example.

As he said, some people would have wanted 30km. Others 5km is more than enough. 25km means I go from having at best 1 friend where we overlap common parks, to about 15.

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't care about the distance I care about the lies that go with it. Andrews continually saying its about the science and the data but then never telling us what the thought process is behind the science. Is he worried about telling the world about his techniques that have been a failure all the way through that some other state might steal his secrets haha

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
suttons health advice will be that you must put a minimum $5 bet on or else you can't enter the TAB

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't care about the distance I care about the lies that go with it. Andrews continually saying its about the science and the data but then never telling us what the thought process is behind the science. Is he worried about telling the world about his techniques that have been a failure all the way through that some other state might steal his secrets haha

You’re going to have a sook regardless, so I can’t imagine he’s too concerned with what people like you are thinking.

For most people in the metro area the 25km is a major improvement. Why 25 and not 20, or 30? You have to draw a line somewhere.

Would you have preferred he said 26km?

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’re going to have a sook regardless, so I can’t imagine he’s too concerned with what people like you are thinking.

For most people in the metro area the 25km is a major improvement. Why 25 and not 20, or 30? You have to draw a line somewhere.

Again not fussed if he just said what you eluded to we are putting the limit at 5km or 25km. That's fine he shouldn't say its decided by science because its not

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

This is what lockdown has done to us. We are now meant to be thankful that we can travel 25km and sit in a ******* park? Really?

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
he chose 25km by the way because everyone was of the opinion that 20km would be the limit and he can't admit that he will fall into line and agree what everyone else is saying

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Mate I'm not sure how you haven't gotten a job as an epidemiologist. Wearing a mask is clearly a similar burden to not breathing.
i'd be more supportive of masks if the rest of the country received the same advice on them. why are they not mandatory anywhere else?

they're annoying as *. don't care what anyone says. can't smile, have to yell, they itch, they're hot, i'd like to communicate using my whole face please.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anywhere else in the world would still be considered to be under ‘stage 4‘ restrictions even after today’s so called easing. Businesses still closed and still can’t visit friends and relatives at home. Today Andrews threw a few stale crumbs at the peasants. He is simply buying time, trying to fix the giant mess his government created, hypnotising and wearing us out further with his never ending doom and gloom lectures.

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
funny that andrew daniels today mentioned that you can still only leave house for 4 reasons. Going and sitting at a park with another household doesn't fit into the 4 reasons so he messed up on that one. By the way there was a reason trump stopped holding his daily corona virus briefing maybe andrews should follow suit. I'm not sure spending 2 hours to tell us that in a state of 6 million people there was 1 new case

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
This is what lockdown has done to us. We are now meant to be thankful that we can travel 25km and sit in a ******* park? Really?

I’m happy I can see some other friends, and have the potential of, in two weeks, being able to actually go to friends places. So yes, whilst I wouldn’t want to be living this way forever, I am grateful that we’re starting to return to normal.

I guess alternatively I could sook that we’re not returning to normal quickly enough, or that I’m not getting a personalised approach from the state government that gives me specially the reduced restrictions that most apply to me.

he chose 25km by the way because everyone was of the opinion that 20km would be the limit and he can't admit that he will fall into line and agree what everyone else is saying

Yes. I’m sure he specifically went and did 25 for that reason.

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anywhere else in the world would still be considered to be under ‘stage 4‘ restrictions even after today’s so called easing. Businesses still closed and still can’t visit friends and relatives at home. Today Andrews threw a few stale crumbs at the peasants. He is simply buying time, trying to fix the giant mess his government created, hypnotising and wearing us out further with his never ending doom and gloom lectures.
Peta credlin has given the other shy journos the guts to ask the tough questions now

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
i'd be more supportive of masks if the rest of the country received the same advice on them. why are they not mandatory anywhere else?

they're annoying as fu**. don't care what anyone says. can't smile, have to yell, they itch, they're hot, i'd like to communicate using my whole face please.
They aren’t mandatory anywhere else because they haven’t had significant community transmission for months

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

they're annoying as fu**. don't care what anyone says. can't smile, have to yell, they itch, they're hot, i'd like to communicate using my whole face please.
Why would you expect WA or SA to have the same advice as Victoria when the situations aren’t remotely alike?

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Why would you expect WA or SA to have the same advice as Victoria when the situations aren’t remotely alike?
They're pretty similar to regional Victoria. We're being told just one person could cause chaos hence the masks, could apply the same logic to other states.

NSW also not wearing masks despite the virus being a daily constant.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
They're pretty similar to regional Victoria. We're being told just one person could cause chaos hence the masks, could apply the same logic to other states.

NSW also not wearing masks despite the virus being a daily constant.
I think the big difference is Victoria has already had to drive numbers down a second time. If we have another big surge, can we do it again? Other states have been able to live (to varying extents) normal lives for the last 4 or 5 months, there would be nowhere near the sort of fatigue that is in Victoria at the moment. The cost of a third wave in the next couple of months would be even greater because we might not control it. Other states would have less problems.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
They aren’t mandatory anywhere else because they haven’t had significant community transmission for months
Much like regional Victoria's community transmission? Zero cases for how long now? Yet still masks required.

They were never even mandatory when they were getting similar numbers to what we are now.

Not remotely alike? Sorry but we're all still in a global pandemic here. If the other states can get through their 1st wave without making masks mandatory, I don't see why Victoria have to have indefinite mandatory masks. NSW never did even when they were getting 50-odd cases a day.

Back