Moved Thread Oh we're from Tigerland!!!! Neutral supporters declare your (temporary) love for Yellow and Black here

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy is the winner in the end.

So his sister wasn't ill then? Hmm wonder how she died?
10 clubs in victoria gazza,all within 60km of geelong(assuming she lived there)NO REASON TO INSIST ON GOING BACK TO GEELONG OR TAKE MY BAT AND BALL AND GO HOME,it should be"TRY TO GET ME TO GEELONG,BUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS I NEED TO BE NEAR FAMILY,SO ANY ONE OF 10 CLUBS WILL DO"

Apart from the outliers who really hate either club particulary more than the other (looking at you Hawks fans) I think neutrals might find it an enjoyable GF when you have little emotional investment in one of the competing teams. I know that's how I felt in 2018, didn't really think much of WC or the Pies and it turned out to be the most enjoyable GF I've watched (that Geelong hasn't played in)

i think you underestimate how much people hate geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 clubs in victoria gazza,all within 60km of geelong(assuming she lived there)NO REASON TO INSIST ON GOING BACK TO GEELONG OR TAKE MY BAT AND BALL AND GO HOME,it should be"TRY TO GET ME TO GEELONG,BUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS I NEED TO BE NEAR FAMILY,SO ANY ONE OF 10 CLUBS WILL DO"

And to get family assistance with a badly disabled son? I have a disabled child too and being 60km from our family would have made a tough situation even harder. Try having a think. Ignorant dipsh!t.

And to get family assistance with a badly disabled son? I have a disabled child too and being 60km from our family would have made a tough situation even harder. Try having a think. Ignorant dipsh!t.
no need to think,the son issue came up just this year & the sister committed suicide,i dont know the timeline of when her issues started,hes been back at geelong 3 seasons or more,stop adding crap,the man could have said"i need to get back to victoria"but no he did a sookie lala and wanted geelong only,same as beams,you defending him also?aside from the 60km difference-biased moron!

Last edited:
You fall into the outlier category, guess you never got over 07. Plenty others are hoping we flog Richmond.

there's an element of that, sure. but these days its more the unlikeable players: clangers, selwood, hawkins, ablett, blitz, etc.

in the glory years at least a lot of your players were respected. scarlett, bartel, dingaling (even if he's hated for his media stuff now), chapman, corey, enright, etc

I want the Cats to win in order for Brendon Gale to have egg all over his face. Fancy predicting the Tigers winning 3 flags, 100k members, debt free etc 10 years ago. Everyone laughed didn’t they. 2 will have to do Brendon, you loser.

In all seriousness both clubs deserve credit for getting to the GF in such a crazy year. They’ve held it together under trying and unusual circumstances. Big storyline’s for both teams. Hopefully they put on a show for us.

there's an element of that, sure. but these days its more the unlikeable players: clangers, selwood, hawkins, ablett, blitz, etc.

in the glory years at least a lot of your players were respected. scarlett, bartel, dingaling (even if he's hated for his media stuff now), chapman, corey, enright, etc
Who the hell hates Ablett and Blitz? Ablett has always played the game fair and been very modest, not sure where to even start with Blitz. Yet our opponents have Tom Lynch, the bloke that keeps getting away with dog acts, diving Grimes, a captain that should have been rubbed out of the 17 GF if they were anyone else, sooky Riewoldt who looks like he is going to cry every-time something doesn't go his way. We aren't alone with the unlikable players.

Who the hell hates Ablett and Blitz? Ablett has always played the game fair and been very modest, not sure where to even start with Blitz. Yet our opponents have Tom Lynch, the bloke that keeps getting away with dog acts, diving Grimes, a captain that should have been rubbed out of the 17 GF if they were anyone else, sooky Riewoldt who looks like he is going to cry every-time something doesn't go his way. We aren't alone with the unlikable players.
dont necessarily disagree with you,but interested to hear your opinion on tom hawkins(a good bloke im sure)blatant pushes in back,pushes before the ball is within 5 meters and more & pushing straight into opposition ruckmen when he goes up without even looking at the ball?keep in mind his blatant push in the back on balta that was not free kicked cost soldo his knee injury

I think Selwood and Dangerfield are so unlikeable they outweigh the entirety of any other team, throw in Hawkins and their whiny coach and Geelong are just top of the unlikeable tree

dont necessarily disagree with you,but interested to hear your opinion on tom hawkins(a good bloke im sure)blatant pushes in back,pushes before the ball is within 5 meters and more & pushing straight into opposition ruckmen when he goes up without even looking at the ball?keep in mind his blatant push in the back on balta that was not free kicked cost soldo his knee injury
I can see why opposition hate Hawkins, but on the incident you mention I don't think there was any malice in it, he only had eyes for the ball, should have been a free for in the back though https://www.afl.com.au/video/499322...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1599821354001
In general Hawkins has done some questionable acts over the years but the MRP have always come down hard on him when other players have been let off for similar acts. Can't say the same for Lynch, for some reason he is untouchable by the MRP.

I can see why opposition hate Hawkins, but on the incident you mention I don't think there was any malice in it, he only had eyes for the ball, should have been a free for in the back though https://www.afl.com.au/video/499322...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1599821354001
In general Hawkins has done some questionable acts over the years but the MRP have always come down hard on him when other players have been let off for similar acts. Can't say the same for Lynch, for some reason he is untouchable by the MRP.
fair enough reply & i dont hate him and didnt know he was so hated,i just know that this year ive seen him do this pushing stuff,either in back or before ball is even close,not done with malice i agree,my outrage is with umpires not picking it up or any of the other times he got away with it,in saying that,when astbury rucked against marshall i dont think he looked at the ball even once,but i just noticed hawkins in multile games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back