List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Clark showed a lot in 2019. The only concerns I have over him are:
- how bad is the elbow?
- why couldn't (didn't?) Jordy maintain his fitness while he was getting over the elbow injury?

Assuming we got satisfactory answers to those questions, I'd trade #10 (better: 2021 1st) for him. But then I feel about Jordy the way others feel about Hogan.
Interesting, I think his elbows fine, everyone gets injured.

To me the questions are:

Why is your defensive game still poor?
Why did you return out of shape?
Why are you throwing a tantrum about not being picked, when your defensive work is still poor and you returned out of shape?

1 good year, 1 bad year. I'll happily take him, at the right price, but I'd also happily wait and see what he does next season, because I personally would be frustrated if we gave up #11 for a kid who doesn't fill immediate needs, who also has shown enough yet. In fact, although I know a first round would have to be involved in some shape or form, I'd be ok walking away unless we get something good back (like 2021 first round for Clark and 2021 second round) though that's highly unlikely.

Interesting, I think his elbows fine, everyone gets injured.

To me the questions are:

Why is your defensive game still poor?
Why did you return out of shape?
Why are you throwing a tantrum about not being picked, when your defensive work is still poor and you returned out of shape?

1 good year, 1 bad year. I'll happily take him, at the right price, but I'd also happily wait and see what he does next season, because I personally would be frustrated if we gave up #11 for a kid who doesn't fill immediate needs, who also has shown enough yet. In fact, although I know a first round would have to be involved in some shape or form, I'd be ok walking away unless we get something good back (like 2021 first round for Clark and 2021 second round) though that's highly unlikely.
Yeah the fitness question is the big one. He didnt maintain his fitness and why that was the case is an important to resolve.

I dont know if he himself has sooked about not getting picked. But my understanding is he is ambitious.

If we were by some chance to make our way into the eight next year and even into the top four I think we would need a few more of those who have had a good taste of finals. Conca Fyfe Hamling Mundy Wilson? Walters? Lobb? Aish Hill...edit forgot Hogan

There is an extra intensity and toughness imop that comes with finals experience and "stepping up", especially around the younger inexperienced in finals group. Phillips would be a good addition in that regard as would Mihocek.

Last edited:
So we've now been linked to

- Narkle
- Clark
- Pickett
- Phillips
- Brayshaw
- Cripps (pipe dream)
- Mihocek

Who do we realistically get from that bunch? Who would you like from that bunch?

I think if we can get something half decent for hogan late first or early 2nd .... do it, the club doesn’t need anymore drama with such a young group. His got the talent but not the passion to be elite.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think if we can get something half decent for hogan late first or early 2nd .... do it, the club doesn’t need anymore drama with such a young group. His got the talent but not the passion to be elite.

Hogan hasn’t got the passion? Really? He’s one of the most passionate blokes going around, probably too much so, the way he berates team mates when he doesn’t get the ball. I also regularly see him practicing his goal kicking on weekends at the park. Discipline is Hogan’s issue, not passion.

Last edited:
So we've now been linked to

- Narkle
- Clark
- Pickett
- Phillips
- Brayshaw
- Cripps (pipe dream)
- Mihocek

Who do we realistically get from that bunch? Who would you like from that bunch?
It's a pretty unconvincing list. Trade price the determining factor for me, and it would be Brayshaw and Clark on the shortlist, with the caveat that we walk away from any deal that leaves us without a first round pick (prior to Academy bids).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan hasn’t got the passion? Really? He’s one of the most passionate blokes going around, probably too much so, the way he berates team mates when he doesn’t get the ball. I also regularly see him practicing his goal kicking on weekends at the park. Discipline is Hogan’s issue, not passion.

I stand corrected.... What I meant was his off field professionalism and yes discipline is not there. And I’m not sure it will ever be.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back