Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be pedantic but we beat Richmond in the 1931 VFL grand final. Hopefully we can do it again.

Bloody awesome it was. Got absolutely scattered on two shillings and sixpence after the match. Didn't show up to work till Wednesday...

You obviously know your players a lot better then I but I have to ask, when we have played you Ratugolea has always been dangerous, will he be picked and if not why ?

He's still a young fella. Huge upside to him but at this stage of his career he's too inconsistent. He might have one out of the box, and then he might not. Too big a risk in the biggest game of the year. We should go in with a settled and unchanged lineup.

You obviously know your players a lot better then I but I have to ask, when we have played you Ratugolea has always been dangerous, will he be picked and if not why ?

He's just not ready tbh, we've looked great without him.

Hate to be pedantic but we beat Richmond in the 1931 VFL grand final. Hopefully we can do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not aware of that. Great to learn new things.

I rate us a 30-33% chance to win it. We probably should be 3-1 in betting odds, and Tigers around 1.35-1.40-1.
My brother thinks we are a 60% chance of winning.
The Tigers will close all our space, and make it hard for us to score. I'm worried about their pacey rebound entries.

Thought 2.10 was skinny on us..

But we are a genuine 50/50 chance though,
Hit the game in white hot form and Tigers just going.. they will be worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some great footage here and a great read.
Loved the umps "hand bounce down" and the crowd throwing stuff at each other.
And the cartoon is cool

20201018_232653.jpg

Last edited:
I rate us a 30-33% chance to win it. We probably should be 3-1 in betting odds, and Tigers around 1.35-1.40-1.
My brother thinks we are a 60% chance of winning.
The Tigers will close all our space, and make it hard for us to score. I'm worried about their pacey rebound entries.
I know the team we put against them last time was a slight mockery, and that we are much deeper and in great form, but very hard to imagine Richmond not winning this flag. They seem to get into GF's and win them. But I THOUGHT WE'D STRUGGLE TO WIN ANY FINALS, so admit to being a poor judge of our team.
Selwood saying we were all exhausted tonight was a bit confronting, but I guess he was honest.
The Tigers seem very in control, very happy with each other and their recent finals history, and project this aura of happiness and peace and love for each other. Most importantly, they seem to love playing under pressure and have a real enjoyment factor.

We SEEM to be hell-bent on winning for Danger and GAJ.
Not sure we come across as enjoying the games as much, but these perceptions so far from a distance, probably zero relevance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dribble the Tigers fans go on with on their board is mid blowing. They are not the all conquering team they think they are. We are in better form. We have been out coaching teams in the finals and this will continue this week. they did not get many shots on goal the last 2 games And they won’t get enough to beat us this week. We have been underestimated and written off as old and slow. They know crap all and their heads are too big. We will break them.

I know the team we put against them last time was a slight mockery, and that we are much deeper and in great form, but very hard to imagine Richmond not winning this flag. They seem to get into GF's and win them. But I THOUGHT WE'D STRUGGLE TO WIN ANY FINALS, so admit to being a poor judge of our team.
Selwood saying we were all exhausted tonight was a bit confronting, but I guess he was honest.
The Tigers seem very in control, very happy with each other and their recent finals history, and project this aura of happiness and peace and love for each other. Most importantly, they seem to love playing under pressure and have a real enjoyment factor.

We SEEM to be hell-bent on winning for Danger and GAJ.
Not sure we come across as enjoying the games as much, but these perceptions so far from a distance, probably zero relevance.

Excuse the intrusion but the part highlighted could be an issue , Im 54 and have seen in the past when the focus is on the emotional aspects of the game a person gets too invested and it may have a negative on them. But we were not as connected a few weeks ago and seem to be alot better since
Prestia , Edwards & Astbury have come back into the team.

Hope its a great game and my fav GF is still the 1989 GF which i was going for the cats due to GA (What a Gun)

The dribble the Tigers fans go on with on their board is mid blowing. They are not the all conquering team they think they are. We are in better form. We have been out coaching teams in the finals and this will continue this week. they did not get many shots on goal the last 2 games And they won’t get enough to beat us this week. We have been underestimated and written off as old and slow. They know crap all and their heads are too big. We will break them.
Its GF week mate we are all trying to talk ourself's up and get with the fun of it as well as knowing other teams supporters read as well as us and trying to make it fun. We as you are all nervous and scared of the loss. Have fun take it for what it is and enjoy

Its GF week mate we are all trying to talk ourself's up and get with the fun of it as well as knowing other teams supporters read as well as us and trying to make it fun. We as you are all nervous and scared of the loss. Have fun take it for what it is and enjoy
Speak for yourself...you are about to torn a new one.

We know Dusty applies zero pressure so whoever is on him just needs to make sure they're prepared to run hard both ways and expoit his weakness.
Yeah but if you run hard both ways and then the tigers force the turnover. Dusty is all alone. He gets a lot of cheapies. Kane Cornes blasted Kenny & co for not going the hard tag. He just can’t be found in space too much.

The only change I think they could make, and I don't think they will anyway, would be Atkins for Dahl.
I’m liking the reality that Caddy probably won’t play. He and Selwood last few years have been interesting. Caddy seems to be a bit of trash talker. Good for him I guess but hope he misses this one.

I’m liking the reality that Caddy probably won’t play. He and Selwood last few years have been interesting. Caddy seems to be a bit of trash talker. Good for him I guess but hope he misses this one.
He is actually the 1st in if there is a change , Pickett's game was imo 50/50 but doubt Dimma will leave him out
I would love to see Caddy in the side instead of Pickett

Yeah but if you run hard both ways and then the tigers force the turnover. Dusty is all alone. He gets a lot of cheapies. Kane Cornes blasted Kenny & co for not going the hard tag. He just can’t be found in space too much.
Did you even watch the port game?
Dusty bangs in a ball under pressure . He trusts the forwards.
But what he does like no other is give hand balls under pressure to perfect spots. In traffic he's the Gazza of 2010.

We don't need to cover dusty, we need to cover his wing men.

We don't need a Richmond supporter acting like a friendly handbrake for our posters. Probably best jog on.

Forwards need to spread especially Hawkins and Rohan. That way Rohan will be free if Grimes breaks off to double team Hawkins. And having Stanley resting forward will test their backs. Dahlhaus needs to go postal and tackle like there are no tomorrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back