MVP AFL 2020 Brownlow Medal Count

Being a massive Port supporter growing up you'd think mightve helped though.

As a child. I think that bird had well and truly flown by adulthood. Wasn’t Judd a mad Melbourne fan?

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Turned tv to 7 and saw last four rounds.
Neale unbeatable lead already. Great to see Trav be outright second - great year for the old bloke 😏👍

As an aside, Hamish McL is a woeful commentator and marginally better interviewer. 👎

His brother is a woeful administrator and even worse vote annuncer. His pregnant pauses for"dramatic effect" were nauseatingly contrived and added nothing to the presentation. 😠

Boy, have fans of the game drawn the short straw with those two dropkicks 🙄

blaargh

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Turned tv to 7 and saw last four rounds.
Neale unbeatable lead already. Great to see Trav be outright second - great year for the old bloke 😏👍

As an aside, Hamish McL is a woeful commentator and marginally better interviewer. 👎

His brother is a woeful administrator and even worse vote annuncer. His pregnant pauses for"dramatic effect" were nauseatingly contrived and added nothing to the presentation. 😠

Boy, have fans of the game drawn the short straw with those two dropkicks 🙄

they’re going to drive the game into the ground.

in a world I can get nba, nfl, premier league for $18 a month. it’s not a joke.

PAFC04

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Anything in Black'n'White
WGAC.png

Duckenthusiast

All Australian
Jul 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love how fox footy is like DAICOS TAKES HOME GOAL OF THE YEAR BUT WAS JACK NEWNES ROBBED

Sigh. We honestly don't exist.

Honestly, the entries were terrible this year. Cripps' best by a mile. Westhoff could bicycle kick a goal from 50m out and he still wouldn't win it. Sam Walsh wins mark of the year for running back into a pack like our players have got knocked out doing in our last 2 games. Asked about, 'lol, I didn't even know Dixon was coming'.

This award favours good teams with a single standout player who the media loves and goes against teams with other standout players and aren’t media darlings

Yeah, hype has become an important part of the award. You could see tonight for example Petracca and Steele start to poll only when the media started talking them up mid season. And even Neale who was already polling well started to rocket ahead once the hype machine got into full swing. Rowell with his 3 x 3 voters too.

Port? Well we're an irrelevance so the votes always get shared relatively evenly. We actually topped the league for votes with 75 - next best was 66. Still nowhere close.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Yeah, hype has become an important part of the award. You could see tonight for example Petracca and Steele start to poll only when the media started talking them up mid season. And even Neale who was already polling well started to rocket ahead once the hype machine got into full swing. Rowell with his 3 x 3 voters too.

Port? Well we're an irrelevance so the votes always get shared relatively evenly. We actually topped the league for votes with 75 - next best was 66. Still nowhere close.

How do we fix this? Do we make the umpires do their votes after watching a replay or something?

I think Neale wins this year regardless, but the Brownlow's reputation as a serious, meaningful award has been more and more trashed as time goes on.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How do we fix this? Do we make the umpires do their votes after watching a replay or something?

I think Neale wins this year regardless, but the Brownlow's reputation as a serious, meaningful award has been more and more trashed as time goes on.

The entire award and night completely lacks substance. Its typical AFL PR nonsense. From the horrendous red carpet, the count itself, the presentation, to the vote itself, it its just a pile of hokey rubbish. I cant watch it, and only switched on with 5 rounds left to see how Trav was going.
The AFL needs a highest individual award but this isn't the way to do it. Perhaps a rotating group of past players and administrators or something, I'm not sure.
But I won't hold my breath waiting. The AFL needs to do a lot of things to improve but is so nailed to its pissy little "traditions" its a joke.
This sport badly needs a Super Lesgue style shake up.

Back