Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Panthers DT Kawann Short (shoulder) needs season-ending surgery.
Short's shoulder surgery is to the opposite shoulder he needed season-ending surgery on last year. The 31-year-old missed two games earlier in the year with a foot issue. Short had been playing heavy snaps inside for Carolina. Even at his advanced age, this is a big loss to an already-undermanned defense. Short has one year left on his contract at $12.5 million for 2021.

That's two years running now season ending surgery in the early part of the season, doubtful KK is here next season unless he reworks the final year of his deal to something far more team friendly. Can save nearly 10mil if he's cut before June 1st.

Very sloppy game today so far. A couple of drops combined with key turnovers and the Bears haven't had to do a whole lot to be in control here.
Yep, just cant convert in the redzone.
Driving the ball down field means nothing if you cant score touchdowns.

Pretty disappoining performance honestly. Well done to the Bears d and Pagano but Teddy and Brady have got to be better than that. We didn't need much from them for the win.

Phil Snow continues to perform with an ever growing injury list. Really happy with the defense all things considered.

Posted it in the weekly thread but what do you guys think about trading some picks for Quinnen Williams? Would be nice to pair with Brown. Could be sorted at DT for the next decade.

Pretty disappoining performance honestly. Well done to the Bears d and Pagano but Teddy and Brady have got to be better than that. We didn't need much from them for the win.

Phil Snow continues to perform with an ever growing injury list. Really happy with the defense all things considered.
Yep, such a frustrating game.
Feel like we beat ourselves.
Chinn DROY.

3/13 on 3rd god that just kills us on offence.
Never could get anything really rolling.
CMC a chance next week?

Similar to the Chargers games with a different result. These are the type of games from Teddy that will always have him looking over his shoulder and us scouting qbs. Simply got to be better.

DJ should have held that 4th and 2 attempt but the throw had to be better also.

Had been playing well too, * it. ...#sweetchinnmusic going to get all the work he wants

Panthers placed S Juston Burris on injured reserve with a ribs issue.
A depth signing last spring, Burris has been an every-down player for the Panthers' surprisingly effective pass defense. He must now miss at least the next three weeks. The Panthers have been giving each of Burris, Tre Boston and Jeremy Chinn heavy snaps every week. UDFA Sam Franklin is the next man up.

Such a frustrating / infuriating game...

- Rhule's challenge and lack of challenges (particularly on the Brees qb sneak td)along with management of our time outs was shithouse.
- Defense on third down absolutely horrendous 11/13. Burns the only player to show up. So many missed tackles.
- Teddy's awareness on our final offensive play was absolutely horrible. You have to throw that ball away. Zero point taking a sack. You might as well chuck it to none one and hope you get away with intentional grounding.

A game for the taking, no one to blame but ourselves.

Such a frustrating / infuriating game...

- Rhule's challenge and lack of challenges (particularly on the Brees qb sneak td)along with management of our time outs was shithouse.
- Defense on third down absolutely horrendous 11/13. Burns the only player to show up. So many missed tackles.
- Teddy's awareness on our final offensive play was absolutely horrible. You have to throw that ball away. Zero point taking a sack. You might as well chuck it to none one and hope you get away with intentional grounding.

A game for the taking, no one to blame but ourselves.
Spot again another frustrating game.
Run game non-existent as well

Spot again another frustrating game.
Run game non-existent as well

Easily the most annoyed I've been after a game this year. The third and long conversions were shitting me up and wall all game and Teddy taking that sack was the final straw, made me jump out of my seat have a good swear and wake the Mrs. 😂

Cmc still not confirmed as playing despite being on the practice field smh.
Really miss seeing that man go to work, he is the most productive back in the league when going, the heart of this offence.

Id be disappointed if we aren't enquiring about Geno Atkins or Carlos Dunlap given both are probably available for a fifth or sixth round pick and play in a position of need. I'd gladly take both if possible. We need some experience on the dline badly.

So Dunlap goes to Seattle for a 7th and a back up lineman. For bugger all as anticipated.

I've loved Burns season so far but our DE pass rushing stocks are pitiful outside him.

Can we please get Brown and Burns some sort of help?

60BA277A-FFC1-40E0-9D9E-E04F8037DF8D.jpeg

worst part is we’re not s**t enough now to get trev or fields

Gotta give Rhule some blame for not realizing the situation and keeping PJ in. Teddy was absolutely hopeless outside the first quarter. The injury was the perfect opportunity to keep him on the bench.

I love him as a head coach but the past two weeks he's made some horrible calls regarding game and player management.

Back