Roast A reflection of where Pie fans think their club is really at. It's not positive.

Are you happy with we're the club is at?

• Yes

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 104 80.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmm. This thread makes me think back a bit. It’s true though the Pies have never been able to put together any “Era” of flags.

I mean FFS we were literally called “the machine” in our premiership year because we are absolutely smashing it. How that team could not ultimately win 2 or 3 flags I don’t know.

They're still living off the real Machines 4 peat in the 1920s.

170521_Machine29.jpg

I just think our window closed.

We were in it the last 3 years, but now we're in for some pain again.

I have started to lose faith in Buckley and the team too. I just think there's been too many strange choices in our selections. And too many players not developing or reaching their potential.
Yep time to start from scratch

Yep and what will 'the biggest club in the country" do about it? my guess is not much

Problem is we ain’t that anymore, not even close.
We would be ~ fourth now, maybe worse.

Time for the Pies to be bold and stop living off the past.

We have less members, stale dictatorship and boring game style.

#something needs to give

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

#something needs to give

Precisely, summed it up

could maybe add "deluded"

they're prob frustrated at seeing..

Geelong era - 3 flags
Brisbane era - 3 flags
Hawthorn era - lost count
Richmond - I've seen 7 of theirs across different eras
Carlton - while ago - but they had their era
Ess - I've seen 6 of theirs across different eras

Pies - odd flag - no era

We had a shot at an era - 2010-2012.

We decided to sack our premiership coach and inspire a player revolt (one of them is now suing us).

The ultimate self-sabotage - all done by Eddie McGuire. I still can't believe he survived that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#something needs to give

well not sure about 4th biggest club or worse. The last two seasons we have been 3rd in membership which is a concern when we have 76 k members and in reality we should be Atleast on 90 k. We were first in attendance’s last year and still the only club to draw 1.2million during the home and away season (done this on 6 occasions with 2010 drawing over 1.3 million).

changes need to happen our membership has stagnated and our supporterbase which we all know is massive around the country seems disinterested maybe the 2018 grand final loss has effected our hard core fan base. Seeing and hearing grown men and women crying after the game saying “we cannot do this anymore” after another close grand final loss could possibly be the straw that broke the camels back!!

Changes need to be made and we need to rebuild now or we could very well end up like Carlton and even worse like Essendon are now. Our recruitment in the last few years has been terrible we have been crying out of a big forward but instead we want to recruit midfielders.

I think we can rebuild very quickly but the question remains can Buckley take us too our 16th premiership?

And is Eddie the right man for the job?Is their anyone out their willing to challenge Eddie?

well not sure about 4th biggest club or worse. The last two seasons we have been 3rd in membership which is a concern when we have 76 k members and in reality we should be Atleast on 90 k. We were first in attendance’s last year and still the only club to draw 1.2million during the home and away season (done this on 6 occasions with 2010 drawing over 1.3 million).

changes need to happen our membership has stagnated and our supporterbase which we all know is massive around the country seems disinterested maybe the 2018 grand final loss has effected our hard core fan base. Seeing and hearing grown men and women crying after the game saying “we cannot do this anymore” after another close grand final loss could possibly be the straw that broke the camels back!!

Changes need to be made and we need to rebuild now or we could very well end up like Carlton and even worse like Essendon are now. Our recruitment in the last few years has been terrible we have been crying out of a big forward but instead we want to recruit midfielders.

I think we can rebuild very quickly but the question remains can Buckley take us too our 16th premiership?

And is Eddie the right man for the job?Is their anyone out their willing to challenge Eddie?
I've posted in another thread how Ed discourages anyone he doesn't endorse from even running for the Board let alone running against Ed directly

I was at the 77, 79 and 81 GF's with my GF. The last quarter in all of them were horrendous... like groundhog day. I don't know if we spent our meal tickets busting a gut to build the lead and were spent, or we went to sleep thinking we had this in the bag.

To Collingwood - for 2021

“If you think you are beaten, you are;

If you think you dare not, you don’t;

If you would like to win, but think you can’t,

it’s almost certain you won’t.

If you think you will lose, you have lost;

For out in this world we find;

success begins with a person’s will;

it’s all a state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are;

You have to think high to rise.

You have to be sure of yourself

before you can ever win a prize.

Life’s battles don’t always go

to the stronger or faster man;

But sooner or later the person who wins

is the one who thinks he can.”
( Walter D. Wintle )

That’s great.
My favourite quote on attitude and mind set:

Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t,...........you’re right.

I've posted in another thread how Ed discourages anyone he doesn't endorse from even running for the Board let alone running against Ed directly

you are naive if you think ANY incumbent President is going encourage people to run against them.
You’re not living in the real world.

My orig post was only about someone seeking merely to run for a seat on the Board

This is the direct quote from your post I replied to:
“discourages anyone he doesn't endorse from even running for the Board let alone running against Ed directly”

It’s pretty clear by saying “against Eddie directly “ you were also including people considering running for President.

This is the direct quote from your post I replied to:
discourages anyone he doesn't endorse from even running for the Board let alone running against Ed directly

It’s pretty clear by saying “against Eddie directly “ you were also including people considering running for President.
my orig post on the other thread referred to the 1st sect which was my main point - I added the 2nd bit later in this thread.

Back