Remove this Banner Ad

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Still struggling to fathom how, in the several minutes play was paused while Van Dijk was lying there receiving treatment, neither the referee nor VAR thought to review this incident.

One of the best players in the world now misses a year of football and potentially (pending how this pandemic evolves) a major international tournament for a dangerous, reckless challenge that not only went unpunished, but apparently didn’t even warrant a second look.

Done now I guess. Rant over.

Last edited:

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The EPL is ******* garbage.

One end a team can bear hug a player in the box and nothing. Go down the other end and a light tap and it's a penalty.

Such overrated turd this competition.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Still struggling to fathom how, in the several minutes play was paused while Van Dijk was lying there receiving treatment, neither the referee nor VAR thought to give this incident a second look.

No response from the FA yet, will take some explaining.

To make matters worse Pickford is a repeat offender of this sort of behaviour, did it to Delle Alle previously although not quite so blatant as this one. He's going to injure another player seriously if he isn't dealt with and just in the last 5 years this is the 3rd Liverpool player butchered by an Everton player (not including Thiago).

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Still struggling to fathom how, in the several minutes play was paused while Van Dijk was lying there receiving treatment, neither the referee nor VAR thought to review this incident.

One of the best defenders in the world now misses a year of football and potentially (pending how this pandemic evolves) a major international tournament for a dangerous, reckless challenge that not only went unpunished, but apparently didn’t even warrant a second look.

Done now I guess. Rant over.
I agree.

Curious - Robertson - red card or not?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I agree.

Gotta love the "but what about this" response here. It's nothing like it at all, and I am willing to be $100 with you that there will be no retrospective ban for Robertson on this one (that option is available because it wasn't dealt with on the pitch). confirming that it never was a red card.

Saw so many on Twitter in England saying there was no way he'd done his ACL because he walked off but I guess for us watching AFL it's a bit different in that players walk off from one all the time and it's the ones that look that minor that are often the worst.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Gotta love the "but what about this" response here. It's nothing like it at all, and I am willing to be $100 with you that there will be no retrospective ban for Robertson on this one (that option is available because it wasn't dealt with on the pitch). confirming that it never was a red card.
I was addressing ADL, not you. Everyone knows your thoughts on the video.

You conveniently ignored the Beckham straight red vs Argentina. How about you go and respond to all of those comments from other posters?

He didn't say they were the same, Cruyff said he was asking out of curiosity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I was addressing ADL, not you. Everyone knows your thoughts on the video.

You conveniently ignored the Beckham straight red vs Argentina. How about you go and respond to all of those comments from other posters?

It aopears on the video that he got a yellow first, big deal.

Thats nothing compared to a few posters who claim Pickford made a normal challenge for the ball.

And another poster who claims offside supersedes serious foul play which is absolutely incorrect.

Regardless of who you address its poor form to say "but what about this" when ADL is discussing another incident.

You claim that Robertson should have got a red. If that is the case he gets a retrospective suspension as the incident was clearly not dealt with on the pitch.

Are you going to put your money where your mouth is and put $100 down that he gets banned?

I am.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I agree.

He’s a snide Glaswegian campaigner but in this instance I’d have gone with a yellow. There’s a clash of bodies, Mina shoves him from behind and on the way down it looks like he lashes out and clips Allan. Cynical challenge but for me it’s not forceful or violent conduct/serious foul play in the same vein as the Pickford/Richarlison challenges.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
He’s a snide Glaswegian campaigner but in this instance I’d have gone with a yellow. There’s a clash of bodies, Mina shoves him from behind and on the way down it looks like he lashes out and clips Allan. Cynical challenge but not forceful or violent conduct in the same vein as the Pickford/Richarlison challenges.

Logic wins out again - something that Cruyff lacks!!

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
What's wrong with saying it was malicious? It clearly was. My brother in law is an Evertonian who works on the police force in Merseyside, has heard nothing about any death threats made to Pickford. I'd like to see this guy's source.

Do you think Pickford came out to hurt VVD or block/get the ball?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Do you think Pickford came out to hurt VVD or block/get the ball?

Yes. Much of the media is saying it.

The scissor action at the end of the tackle is quite deliberate.

Problem is banning Pickford doesn't penalise Everton, it only helps them.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
It aopears on the video that he got a yellow first, big deal.

Thats nothing compared to a few posters who claim Pickford made a normal challenge for the ball.

And another poster who claims offside supersedes serious foul play which is absolutely incorrect.

Regardless of who you address its poor form to say "but what about this" when ADL is discussing another incident.

You claim that Robertson should have got a red. If that is the case he gets a retrospective suspension as the incident was clearly not dealt with on the pitch.

Are you going to put your money where your mouth is and put $100 down that he gets banned?

I am.
lol are you the forum police are you mate? I will ask what I like, to who I like, when I like, how I like. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

No, I am saying he should have got a red, rather than a yellow. Not that he will. A big difference to the little scenario you've made up in your head to what you think I am saying. Nuffy :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back