EPL Matchday 5

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
lol are you the forum police are you mate? I will ask what I like, to who I like, when I like, how I like. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

No, I am saying he should have got a red, rather than a yellow. Not that he will. A big difference to the little scenario you've made up in your head to what you think I am saying. Nuffy :drunk:

Lol, nice melt. Put your money where your mouth is. If you believe Robertson should have got a red put $100 down that he gets a retrospective ban.

I am willing to put $100 that he doesn't. Over to you.

It aopears on the video that he got a yellow first, big deal.

Thats nothing compared to a few posters who claim Pickford made a normal challenge for the ball.

And another poster who claims offside supersedes serious foul play which is absolutely incorrect.

Regardless of who you address its poor form to say "but what about this" when ADL is discussing another incident.

You claim that Robertson should have got a red. If that is the case he gets a retrospective suspension as the incident was clearly not dealt with on the pitch.

Are you going to put your money where your mouth is and put $100 down that he gets banned?

I am.

The yellow was for another player, as evidenced by the ref pointing at a different player to give him the yellow..

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
He’s a snide Glaswegian campaigner but in this instance I’d have gone with a yellow. There’s a clash of bodies, Mina shoves him from behind and on the way down it looks like he lashes out and clips Allan. Cynical challenge but for me it’s not forceful or violent conduct/serious foul play in the same vein as the Pickford/Richarlison challenges.
The lashing out though to you - which in turn results in him going in studs up - doesn't suggest violent conduct?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Lol, nice melt. Put your money where your mouth is. If you believe Robertson should have got a red put $100 down that he gets a retrospective ban.

Are you ******* serious mate?

I am not saying he will get a red retrospectively, I am saying he should have got a red at the time.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Just because he believes he should have got a red it doesn't mean they will give him a retrospective red. They are many incidents that some will see as a red don't get retrospective action

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Do you think Pickford came out to hurt VVD or block/get the ball?

Reckless is the word I’d use. He showed little regard for the opponent on the receiving end. Instead of running out and making himself big, he’s flown into the contest feet first, off the ground. Attack the ball like that and there’s always potential to cause harm. It’s not the sort of challenge I think anyone would want to see routinely every game. Bit like seeing AFL players slide into a contest knees first.

Malicious? I wouldn’t go that far. You’d hope not but I guess only Pickford would know.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Liverpool learning that you require luck to go your way to win the PL.....Kissed on the dick last year in so many ways.....The Karma train has pulled into town; & it's fair to say that their coach & fans aren't coping terribly well with the reality of it all.

1 title in 30 years & the self-entitlement is through the roof.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Just because he believes he should have got a red it doesn't mean they will give him a retrospective red. They are many incidents that some will see as a red don't get retrospective action

Cruyff has just claimed violent conduct. The incident wasnt dealt with on the pitch. If what he claims is true a retrospective ban will be awarded as the incident was not dealt with on during the match, no ifs or buts.

Violent conduct is a laughabe claim for this incident.

Hence why I am prepared to put $100 down that there will be no retrospective ban. If Cruyff believes what he posts he would do the same.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Cruyff has just claimed violent conduct. The incident wasnt dealt with on the pitch. If what he claims is true a retrospective ban will be awarded as the incident was not dealt with on during the match, no ifs or buts.

Violent conduct is a laughabe claim for this incident.

Hence why I am prepared to put $100 down that there will be no retrospective ban. If Cruyff believes what he posts he would do the same.
The only thing laughable here is your posting.

That desperate for money are you hey? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
The lashing out though to you - which in turn results in him going in studs up - doesn't suggest violent conduct?

Genuinely I haven’t seen footage that would suggest he went in studs up or with a stamping action. Do you have a better angle? I’ve tried freezing the clip I have and it looks to me like after the Mina shove he clips the outside of Allan’s leg with the inside of his on the way down? Again, cynical but not violent conduct or serious foul play. Yellow for me.

4BB7B385-C2E7-4F2D-B9BC-E29BA5C9EECC.png

1F229B4B-6AAD-40FD-94B9-7264E19A51A7.png

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Genuinely I haven’t seen footage that would suggest he went in studs up or with a stamping action. Do you have a better angle? I’ve tried freezing the clip I have and it looks to me like after the Mina shove he clips the outside of Allan’s leg with the inside of his on the way down? Again, cynical but not violent conduct or serious foul play. Yellow for me.

View attachment 989295
View attachment 989302
I have only seen a video of the incident, and from the angle I saw, it looked like studs up. Hence why I think it's red.

If it isn't studs up, then yeah, not a red. Cynical play as you and a yellow.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

View attachment 989295
View attachment 989302
I think it was violent conduct but there is probably enough room for doubt for VAR to not give it as a red

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Funny coming from the board’s idiot.
Offside IS the reason there was no red card

Do you realise that repeating an incorrect claim repeatedly does not make it correct?

Serious foul play is not cancelled by offside at all. Hilarious how you double down on it.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The only thing laughable here is your posting.

That desperate for money are you hey? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Not desperate for money, just willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Alternatively, if Robertson gets a ban I get a 30 day ban on here.

If Robertson doesn't get a ban, you get a 30 day ban.

If you believe what you say you should accept this bet. I'm sure chef can enforce it.

Not desperate for money, just willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Alternatively, if Robertson gets a ban I get a 30 day ban on here.

If Robertson doesn't get a ban, you get a 30 day ban.

If you believe what you say you should accept this bet. I'm sure chef can enforce it.
Yeah we are absolutely not going to be enforcing monetary bets.
Sig bet, av bet, sure.
But I'll actively discourage anyone making bets on this with their money.

Time to move on.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I think the Robertson tackle was at least a yellow but remember the whole Son debacle against Chelsea I think where he kicked out. Kind of similar in a way so you’d say if that’s a precedent, that any other kind of kick out should be a red too.

Do you realise that repeating an incorrect claim repeatedly does not make it correct?

Serious foul play is not cancelled by offside at all. Hilarious how you double down on it.
You are making the same repeated mistake that it was serious foul play. He was playing the ball, as Dermot Gallagher stated, that makes it subjective at best to adjudicate as SFP. Hence no VAR intervention and hence no red card.
Time to ease up on the insults and probably this topic as a whole.

Let's discuss Spurs shitting themselves.
Or Villa continuing their great run and Barkley turning into some kind of god.
I just want to know when West Ham’s open bus parade is for their monumental cup final performance.

Yeah we are absolutely not going to be enforcing monetary bets.
Sig bet, av bet, sure.
But I'll actively discourage anyone making bets on this with their money.

Time to move on.

I'll bet you $100k that Zidane doesn't move on.

CHEF ENFORCE THIS BET.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

View attachment 989295
View attachment 989302

Ha ha. Violent conduct hey.

Back