Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see Dunkley leaving, but if he did leave to get more midfield minutes elsewhere, I’d happily tell him to **** offski.

Shithouse pea heart mentality that’s not going to get us anywhere.

Can’t let the tail wag the dog. Ever.
Delusional. He is turning 24 and about to come into his prime, will get offered overs and long term to play as the number 1-2 mid. He served the dogs outstandingly, you could never question what he has given to the dogs. He has the right to better himself, and if that opportunity isn't at the dogs then good luck Dunks.

I wouldn't say I'm inspired by the proposition of McEvoy, but (price dependent) I think he'd have more value to us than he's getting credit for. He can plug a number of holes at various stages of the game, provide an aerial target in all three zones, chop out English and use his footy knowledge and experience to help organise the team on-field. I get the comparison to Trengove who we're obviously not using, but McEvoy is plain and simply a better player.

Obviously his body is not in the best condition it's ever been in, but with somebody as experienced as him, he benefits the team even if he doesn't play. The benefit of having somebody like him for Naughton, Bruce, Schache and JUH to compete against; English/Sweet to bang up against and learn from; and Gardner/Cordy/Young to be guided by can't be understated imo. When's the last time we've really had that?

Watching him play, I've always felt he has the footy smarts to transition into a very good coach, and I do wonder if that could be something we look to within this contract as well.
Yeah I think the often overlooked element of the ruck discussion is the non game day stuff. I think Beveridge has probably acknowledged that Tim is getting overawed by the bigger stronger rucks and wants to get him a better sparring partner to duke it out with. Beating up on Sweet 4 days a week is not preparing him for the weekend so that is where someone like McEvoy can help. Maybe also teach him a few new tricks of the trade.

The reason I don't see us going for Goldy is his rumored off field issues (if true). No way we bring in a guy like that as a mentor. Big Boy seems like a much better role model.

If essendon offer us 2 first rounders (fat chance dodoro does) then they would just be swallowed by JUH's bid anyway. They would be to be next year's first rounders to have any use to us would they not?

Or just take Merrett off them

Can’t see Dunkley leaving, but if he did leave to get more midfield minutes elsewhere, I’d happily tell him to **** offski.

Shithouse pea heart mentality that’s not going to get us anywhere.

Can’t let the tail wag the dog. Ever.
That’s it mate. Get the boot into the lad before he’s even had chance to dismiss the rumour.

Delusional. He is turning 24 and about to come into his prime, will get offered overs and long term to play as the number 1-2 mid. He served the dogs outstandingly, you could never question what he has given to the dogs. He has the right to better himself, and if that opportunity isn't at the dogs then good luck Dunks.

He’s only been at the club for 5 years. A number of those have been hampered by injury. He’s got a long way to go to be considered an outstanding servant of the club. Delusional to think otherwise.

Like i said, when clubs start giving in to player demands under the threat of leaving, we’ll be far worse for it.

Feel free to cheer the tail along though. 👍

Dunkley can't be let go. If Libba goes down with an injury Dunks steps in to the role. He's a handy player with a little bit more pace than Libba, good/better contested mark. Silly rumours.
Personally I think Dunks is a better mid than Libba, but Libba can't play anywhere else so gets the midfield spot since he's obviously in our best side.

I wouldn't begrudge Dunkley looking at options. He's an elite mid who isn't being allowed to play as one. I'd be shattered if he left.

What did Goldy allegedly do?
Was a few years back but there were rumors of Stringer style issues - Can't remember exactly but I think his partner may have left and I think he had a massive gambling debt. Again - only BF rumors so I take it with a massive grain of salt, but clubs would have an idea if it was true or not.

That’s it mate. Get the boot into the lad before he’s even had chance to dismiss the rumour.

Not laying the boot in at all. What I’ve said goes for all players.

Many posters in here seem to think that the club owes the players something early in their careers. Whether it’s games in the 1’s or positional preferences.
It’s a s**t mentality to have.

I don’t think Dunks will move on because he doesn’t seem the type to sook up and ask for a trade. But if he did, along with any others, happy for them to move on.

Yeah I think the often overlooked element of the ruck discussion is the non game day stuff. I think Beveridge has probably acknowledged that Tim is getting overawed by the bigger stronger rucks and wants to get him a better sparring partner to duke it out with. Beating up on Sweet 4 days a week is not preparing him for the weekend so that is where someone like McEvoy can help. Maybe also teach him a few new tricks of the trade.

The reason I don't see us going for Goldy is his rumored off field issues (if true). No way we bring in a guy like that as a mentor. Big Boy seems like a much better role model.

English does not "beat up on Sweet" in the ruck taps at all. I've been to our interclub practise matches and granted English is the better player and does a lot more around the ground yet Sweet clearly wins the hitouts and outmuscles Tim in the games I've seen. Strength and hitouts is Sweet strong point its just the rest of his game, conditioning, marking around the ground, getting to the right spots which needs work.

Was a few years back but there were rumors of Stringer style issues - Can't remember exactly but I think his partner may have left and I think he had a massive gambling debt. Again - only BF rumors so I take it with a massive grain of salt, but clubs would have an idea if it was true or not.

I think he did the dirty on his mrs by porking the club physio.

Not on the same shitty Stringer type level but a disruption none the less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English does not "beat up on Sweet" in the ruck taps at all. I've been to our interclub practise matches and granted English is the better player and does a lot more around the ground yet Sweet clearly wins the hitouts and outmuscles Tim in the games I've seen. Strength and hitouts is Sweet strong point its just the rest of his game, conditioning, marking around the ground, getting to the right spots which needs work.
I guess my point is it seems like Timmy gets intimidated by certain ruckman before the ball is even bounced. Tim has been rucking against Jordan since juniors and has been the higher regarded of the two - even if Sweet does get the edge in the hitouts. Jordan has no 'status' and I don't think either of them are learning much just going against eachother all week. Tim hasn't had a senior ruckman to learn from since Roughie left.

I don't get it. A guy with just 5 AFL games, very ordinary in 4 of them, depth player at best at this stage, 21 and hasn't set the world on fire, but we're hot to pick him up?
We already have Gardner...
Is a massive upgrade on Gardener! Has down more in one game than Liams career.

Interesting as I know it’s normal among Footballers but I use to see him in the TAB back in the days often.

He’s only been at the club for 5 years. A number of those have been hampered by injury. He’s got a long way to go to be considered an outstanding servant of the club. Delusional to think otherwise.

Like i said, when clubs start giving in to player demands under the threat of leaving, we’ll be far worse for it.

Feel free to cheer the tail along though. 👍
Where's the evidence Dunkley has said anything?
I don't see the point in slagging off Dunkley or accusing other supporters of 'letting the tail wag the dog' over an unlikely hypothetical.

I wouldn't begrudge Dunkley leaving. He's been perhaps the biggest victim of our shithouse list management. Playing him as a ruck/forward this year was terrible for his development, has lowered his value and I don't even think it benefitted us from a team perspective. We'll be lucky to get a first rounder for him now and Dodoro will have his way with us once again.

I wouldn't begrudge Dunkley leaving. He's been perhaps the biggest victim of our shithouse list management. Playing him as a ruck/forward this year was terrible for his development, has lowered his value and I don't even think it benefitted us from a team perspective. We'll be lucky to get a first rounder for him now and Dodoro will have his way with us once again.
Sam power is no push over so I highly doubt Dodoro will have his way with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back