AFL Autopsy Grand Final: Richmond vs Geelong, Gabba, Saturday 24/10/2020, 7:30 AEDT

Winner and Normie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have the feeling Dangerfield (in particular) and Ablett will over-do it early and try to do too much and Richmond will counter-attack and grind them down with their more evenly balanced distribution of effort.

I can't see it being a blow-out against Geelong, plus shorter quarters so I think we're guaranteed a spectacle.

Tigers to win and two of them get reported with the after-game story including discussion of yellow and red cards. I really get the feeling a Tiger is going to do something horrible.

Cats had an easier game contest wise. Tigers definitely gettable.

Last 2 weeks Cats have been good getting numbers in the backline. won't be as easy against Tigers though. They definitely looked hungry last night. Looked determined not to let another chance slip.

Hope cats, Thinking Rohan bobs up with 4 and the NS as all the attention goes to Danger and Tommy.

Problem is Rohan kicked some goals last week. Chances of him turning up and kicking goals twice in two weeks in two big games surely is close to 0.

Problem is Rohan kicked some goals last week. Chances of him turning up and kicking goals twice in two weeks in two big games surely is close to 0.

True, cheeky fiver on him just in case.

Geelong have been breaking tackles really well these past 2 weeks, big strong mids half forwards and half backs, the complete opposite to us.

I really get the feeling a Tiger is going to do something horrible.
Lol there is zero percent chance of this happening. That part of footy is gone. The coaches drill into them that stuff is all wasted energy. I doubt there will even be any push and shove.

Dusty was made for GF's. I can see Richmond lifting it a notch and blowing Geelong away the same way Port did only a couple of weeks ago.

When did Port blow Geelong away? Geelong had 17 scoring shots to 13. Geelong won every statistic except for goals and tackles. If Richmond "blow away" the cats like that, they'll probably lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol there is zero percent chance of this happening. That part of footy is gone. The coaches drill into them that stuff is all wasted energy. I doubt there will even be any push and shove.

Except that Richmond (Cotchin and Lynch in particular) have become known for it (not fully horrible, but beyond the "unsociable" stuff Hawthorn prided themselves in) and the coach endorses it.

I think that's probably part of why most neutrals like me are favouring Geelong.

When did Port blow Geelong away? Geelong had 17 scoring shots to 13. Geelong won every statistic except for goals and tackles. If Richmond "blow away" the cats like that, they'll probably lose.
Blew away/ outplayed/ overwhelmed/ outworked etc. Just calling it as I saw it.

This was in contrast to the game earlier in the year where Geelong did it very easy.

Anyway, bring on Saturday.

Except that Richmond (Cotchin and Lynch in particular) have become known for it (not fully horrible, but beyond the "unsociable" stuff Hawthorn prided themselves in) and the coach endorses it.

I think that's probably part of why most neutrals like me are favouring Geelong.
Lol you can justify your dislike of Richmond however you want mate, but let's stick to the facts, and apply the same standards to all teams and players.

Cotchin has one career suspension, in 2010 (for a late bump), as does Lynch (for one week).

Hodge was suspended twice, Mitchell once, and Jordan Lewis 3 times for 9 weeks. The Hawks mids would systematically target players and try to intimidate them, something Richmond has never done.

Let's review Lynch's year - pushed the back of someone's head with one hand (shock horror), gave someone a tummy tap that happens dozens of times a game (and indeed the vision shows he copped a similar whack from the GC player first), placed his knee so gently on someone's shoulder that the tribunal threw it out.

Compare that to Jeremy Cameron knocking guys out in marking packs with his elbows and getting rubbed out for weeks, Greene eye-gouging, even good old Byron Pickett knocking guys out every second week.

I don't really care if you hate Richmond, but just own it for what it is, and don't pretend it's because they're more thuggish than any other team. If you think Richmond play a less sociable brand of football than the Hawks 3-peat team then that is an insult to the rough and toughness of those Hawks lol.

Lol you can justify your dislike of Richmond however you want mate, but let's stick to the facts, and apply the same standards to all teams and players.

Cotchin has one career suspension, in 2010 (for a late bump), as does Lynch (for one week).

Hodge was suspended twice, Mitchell once, and Jordan Lewis 3 times for 9 weeks. The Hawks mids would systematically target players and try to intimidate them, something Richmond has never done.

Let's review Lynch's year - pushed the back of someone's head with one hand (shock horror), gave someone a tummy tap that happens dozens of times a game (and indeed the vision shows he copped a similar whack from the GC player first), placed his knee so gently on someone's shoulder that the tribunal threw it out.

Compare that to Jeremy Cameron knocking guys out in marking packs with his elbows and getting rubbed out for weeks, Greene eye-gouging, even good old Byron Pickett knocking guys out every second week.

I don't really care if you hate Richmond, but just own it for what it is, and don't pretend it's because they're more thuggish than any other team. If you think Richmond play a less sociable brand of football than the Hawks 3-peat team then that is an insult to the rough and toughness of those Hawks lol.

Cotchin would have got 2 weeks minimum for what he did to Shiel in the 2017 Prelim. He'd also received two sanctions previously in 2017, so even the slightest charge would have seen him rubbed out, but the AFL looked after him. It was definitely worse than what Long did.

He also got a fine for tripping from the Prelim on the weekend and ripped Zak Jones' head off the week before. So he's hardly the clean-skin you're making out "one career suspension".

The tribunal didn't throw out Lynch's knee, he got a $750 fine for kneeing. It was his 4th fine of the year, so you've obviously missed a few in your list. Getting sent to the MRP in a quarter of your matches in one season is probably the most frequent visits to the tribunal since Rod Grinter. Not sure how Cameron, Greene and Byron Pickett doing silly things makes these RIchmond silly things any less silly?

He ripped Zak Jones' head off the week before. So he's hardly the clean-skin you're making out "one career suspension".
Mate, it was a high tackle. It happens all the time. Get a grip. This proves my exact point - that you are only focusing on incidents when they involve Richmond players.
Getting sent to the MRP in a quarter of your matches in one season is probably the most frequent visits to the tribunal since Rod Grinter.
Again, get a grip. None of the incidents were suspendable. In the Port-Richmond prelim one of the Port players got reported for a tummy tap on Balta - very similar to Lynch's earlier in the year - but in this case no one remembers or cares (and nor should they). Both incidents were equally inoccuous, but people like you only focus on one. That's the problem.
Not sure how Cameron, Greene and Byron Pickett doing silly things makes these RIchmond silly things any less silly?
The point is those incidents were much worse, but yet the focus is on Cotchin laying a high tackle or Lynch pushing someone on the back of the head - which has exactly zero potential to cause injury.

I like the way you've completely ignored the actual far greater number of suspensions and total weeks by the Hawks mids, after your comment that Richmond are more unsociable than that hawks team lol.

Mate, it was a high tackle. It happens all the time. Get a grip. This proves my exact point - that you are only focusing on incidents when they involve Richmond players.

Again, get a grip. None of the incidents were suspendable. In the Port-Richmond prelim one of the Port players got reported for a tummy tap on Balta - very similar to Lynch's earlier in the year - but in this case no one remembers or cares (and nor should they). Both incidents were equally inoccuous, but people like you only focus on one. That's the problem.

The point is those incidents were much worse, but yet the focus is on Cotchin laying a high tackle or Lynch pushing someone on the back of the head - which has exactly zero potential to cause injury.

I like the way you've completely ignored the actual far greater number of suspensions and total weeks by the Hawks mids, after your comment that Richmond are more unsociable than that hawks team lol.
I get that you're passionate about your club, but remember you're on the Essendon board. We don't drink Richmond's bathwater here.

It was a high tackle after the whistle had gone and everyone had stopped. It was dirty and there isn't non-Richmond supporter who would say it wasn't.

I get that you're passionate about your club, but remember you're on the Essendon board. We don't drink Richmond's bathwater here.
I will depart now and not clog up your board, but to be fair it's not actually drinking bathwater when someone says team A is more unsociable than team B, and it's pointed out that team B actually had way more suspensions for way more weeks.

I will depart now and not clog up your board, but to be fair it's not actually drinking bathwater when someone says team A is more unsociable than team B, and it's pointed out that team B actually had way more suspensions for way more weeks.

Bye. Hope you learnt today that there actually are people who don't bask in the glow of the sun that you think shines out of your mob's a***.

You're an idiot if you think that's the sole measure for unsociable football.

Back