TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

And they wonder why more and more are using streaming services.

I pay £14 a month to watch any game I want, any channel in the world and any movie.

And they want more than that per match.

When they say their priority is getting fans back into football grounds safely they mean to say getting their wallets into football grounds safely. They couldn't give a toss if fans came along or not.

I tried my best to get Optus Sport working in the UK but it keeps detecting the VPN.

What are you paying 14 quid a month for? Might set it up for the father in law.

It's through a mate of a mate, but a bit of a City-centric setup so maybe not the best for your father in law.

Loads of IPTV about though, and he shouldn't have any problem getting one tailored to what he wants to see.

It's through a mate of a mate, but a bit of a City-centric setup so maybe not the best for your father in law.

Loads of IPTV about though, and he shouldn't have any problem getting one tailored to what he wants to see.

He struggles to operate a remote let alone something like a chromecast lol. I or the brother/ sister in law do it remotely.

Anyone have any issues with the Optus Sport app on Smart TV? When watching live it generally drops out every 10 or so minutes. Don’t have any issues watching it on the iPad or chromecasting it to the TV.

Anyone have any issues with the Optus Sport app on Smart TV? When watching live it generally drops out every 10 or so minutes. Don’t have any issues watching it on the iPad or chromecasting it to the TV.
I've been having issues with it constantly buffering when live on PC and laptop, but has been alright Chromecasting I think.

I wasn't happy early days.....

I was about 4 years ahead of the curve with streaming. When I moved house and couldn’t get Foxtel anymore, I had to look at alternatives. When Optus launched I already had Fetch and an Apple TV for example, and had cut my teeth on overseas stuff like Netflix (pre Oz launch), Hulu and HBO Go. I’d also been accessing my Premier League through New Zealand’s streaming service at that time, which no longer exists. Setting up Optus was a piece of piss for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was about 4 years ahead of the curve with streaming. When I moved house and couldn’t get Foxtel anymore, I had to look at alternatives. When Optus launched I already had Fetch and an Apple TV for example, and had cut my teeth on overseas stuff like Netflix (pre Oz launch), Hulu and HBO Go. I’d also been accessing my Premier League through New Zealand’s streaming service at that time, which no longer exists. Setting up Optus was a piece of piss for me.

I've only just got NBN in the last 6 months, Optus Sport was painful before that.

Looks like Optus 5g is available soon which is also pretty sweet. $70 a month unlimited.

Only thing that still bothers me is the 20-30 second delay on coverage. I know they can do better as betting websites have to the second live scores and maybe 5-10s delayed streams. It's the only drawback compared to Foxtel.

I was out at an end of season drinks session Saturday night and we all got our phones out to watch the Merseyside derby (since the pub didn't have Optus) and we all had different delays which made it s**t when celebrating goals or laughing at tight off-sides.

Only thing that still bothers me is the 20-30 second delay on coverage. I know they can do better as betting websites have to the second live scores and maybe 5-10s delayed streams. It's the only drawback compared to Foxtel.

I was out at an end of season drinks session Saturday night and we all got our phones out to watch the Merseyside derby (since the pub didn't have Optus) and we all had different delays which made it sh*t when celebrating goals or laughing at tight off-sides.

Does the local let you plug in a chromecast?

Does the local let you plug in a chromecast?

We asked them but they had no idea what we were asking. Made the Hendo 'winner' a bit more fun when the Pool supporters at the next table went nuts and then I called out "Oh no offside!" as a joke cos we were ahead of them then it actually got disallowed. :D

We asked them but they had no idea what we were asking. Made the Hendo 'winner' a bit more fun when the Pool supporters at the next table went nuts and then I called out "Oh no offside!" as a joke cos we were ahead of them then it actually got disallowed. :D

Ha ha, just go ahead and do it if you can reach the TV and theres a powerpoint nearby.

Fwoy encourages it at his venue :D:D:D

I was out at an end of season drinks session Saturday night and we all got our phones out to watch the Merseyside derby (since the pub didn't have Optus) and we all had different delays which made it sh*t when celebrating goals or laughing at tight off-sides.
Sorry what is that?

What bugs me the most is the quality.

HD sport is amazing, this still is obviously very watchable but it not being in HD is a bit of a bummer.

The content though compared to Fox is next level, so I guess it's not all bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back