EPL Matchday 5

Remove this Banner Ad

That's incredible. I've heard of LARS surgery for a quick recovery but that's not recommended any more.
He was 36 at the time too so you’d say the chances without surgery were against him but I’d say mentally, he and VVD would be similar, that old school mentality so I can see VVD recovering quicker than most.

Ah ok, so surgery for full tear and rehab/strengthening for a partial tear. Did you do the other knee? I hear that's quite common if you don't work on strengthening it enough.
Each situation is different too. I remember at 18 tearing my lateral
Meniscus and it had folded over too. The surgeon hadn’t ever seen it so they had to go in and shift in as well as surgery. Back then they said I could have replaced it with pig cartilage but it was very progressive at the time.

Who was Mourinho talking about with Moyes new Fellaini?

Didn't see any of the match and just caught the post match comment.

Interesting. Was Mou suggesting one of West Ham's players are the new Fellaini? If that's the case pretty bizarre because Mou loved Fellaini at Utd.

You might want to read the actual comments of this guy's twitter page before posting it on here to associate it with Liverpool fans in general.. Admits it is a parody account.

You would have also noticed an Everton fan who claims the Van Dijk injury is a conspiracy because "he walked off" - I assume you would have been quick to post this on here.

This is some of your poorest work yet mate (and that's saying something).

Willing to be $1m that you won't admit you got this one wrong.
Loonerty, inciting betting, again. After you specifically told him not to.

Loonerty, inciting betting, again. After you specifically told him not to.
Oh I was just saying that I personally discourage it and that we as mods obviously wouldn't have any part in enforcing it.

It is getting very primary school though.

Interesting games overnight. I would have thought at 3-0 up you’d bring on a defensive player rather than Bale.
Hammers looked so much better when they took the game up to Spurs, maybe 5-4-1 defensive plan needs to be given the boot.

Brighton very unlucky with that penalty, that was utter garbage and if anything a yellow to Palace player. Really need another striker.

Wish I knew Vardy was out for my tips.

Interesting. Was Mou suggesting one of West Ham's players are the new Fellaini? If that's the case pretty bizarre because Mou loved Fellaini at Utd.

Why bizarre? Maybe he was praising said player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting games overnight. I would have thought at 3-0 up you’d bring on a defensive player rather than Bale.
We brought Winks on as more of a defensive shield at the same time. Bale should have sealed the win away.

The goals were from a free kick, own goal and a goal from not clearing a free kick

We brought Winks on as more of a defensive shield at the same time. Bale should have sealed the win away.

The goals were from a free kick, own goal and a goal from not clearing a free kick

Bringing Bale on was a very un-Mou like move, usually he shuts games down.

1995: David Schwarz (11 weeks)
Suffered his first ACL tear early in 1995 and returned inside three months only to re-injure the knee in his second game back. The following season he suffered yet another tear. The Melbourne forward's struggles are the main reason clubs adopted a conservative approach.

1998: Tony Liberatore (18 weeks)
The Brownlow medallist holds the AFL record for the fastest successful return from a knee reconstruction, returning from his second operation in just four-and-a-half months. His surgeon, David Young, operated on son Tom this year after the young Bulldog tore his ACL.

2008: Nick Malceski (12 weeks)
The 'bionic man' was the first player to undergo a LARS reconstruction in 2008, opting for a synthetic ligament in his second reconstruction. He opted for the same operation in 2011 when he re-injured his right knee, returning even quicker to the NEAFL in just 73 days.

2014: Tim Mohr (35 weeks)
A quick return by conservative modern standards, Mohr was back with Greater Western Sydney's reserves in the NEAFL early this season after tearing the ACL in his left knee in July last year. He has said the knee is feeling stronger than before he suffered the injury.

2014: Matthew Scharenberg (33 weeks)
Another example of a modern player pushing the boundaries following a traditional reconstruction, Scharenberg could play his first match this weekend in the VFL. The Magpies have still been conservative with the 19-year-old, who was physically ready to play three weeks ago.
IIRC most if not all of those were never the same afterwards. Often the case with ACL ruptures for athletes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back