The 2021 Thread

Blue_Steel89

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
The Aquinas handshake.

Fyfe & Cripps have come to an agreement, didn’t need to involve any snivelling player managers.

Player managers = leaks.
Thank you for replying 😊
I still don't think Cripps will leave Carlton though.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
The Aquinas handshake.

Fyfe & Cripps have come to an agreement, didn’t need to involve any snivelling player managers.

Player managers = leaks.

You forgot Aquinas boy Peter Bell helping complete the deal.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Floor ~ 10
Ceiling ~ 5/6 (midseason 2019, pre-injury tipping point, were fringing top 4)
Easy Take: The medical room. It's all up to getting the key position players out there and firing for the majority of the season (bookends especially). Two of Hamling, Pearce & Logue get a TTHD preseason. Same for Taberner, Hogan, Lobb, plus Sturt. Asking too much?
Ceiling could be top 4. No joke. Port and Brisbane aren’t that much clearly better then us. We matched up well against those teams. Similar rebuilding. It is possible. We have the gameplan, brand to frustrate those teams as well as counter. Don’t see much of the top 8 in 2020, that we are far behind.
Next season the club needs to separate itself from the middle road- Melbourne, Bulldogs, Essendon- as it should and make the top 8.
Honestly, 2021 is the year we must make finals. The list is good enough, mature and have quality on each line. JLo knows this.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ceiling could be top 4. No joke. Port and Brisbane aren’t that much clearly better then us. We matched up well against those teams. Similar rebuilding. It is possible. We have the gameplan, brand to frustrate those teams as well as counter. Don’t see much of the top 8 in 2020, that we are far behind.
Next season the club needs to separate itself from the middle road- Melbourne, Bulldogs, Essendon- as it should and make the top 8.
Honestly, 2021 is the year we must make finals. The list is good enough, mature and have quality on each line. JLo knows this.
We aren't nearly as mature as either Port or Brisbane though (or any of the top 5). You hear they are young all the time but they are actually really experienced. That doesn't mean we can't compete, it's just that it is not expected.

I don't think it is at all unreasonable to think we should compete for the bottom of the 8 though. In the unlikely event we have mostly everyone on the park, I think we will.

Also looking up the stats for this, **** me are Geelong old and experienced. Against Port average 28.5 years and 161 games. That's outrageous. We only had 3 total with 150 games experienced in our last game and they had 11 with 3 more over 100.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
If Cripps is such a lock, how come there is no Cripps thread or any other rumour of it happening?

Genuinely curious 😊
Well. Every year dsh5ts in the local media link us to some star for another club so that when they re-sign with their club as what was always going to happen, they add another 'failed' trade to the Freo list to bash us with. This year its Karl Langdon on 6PR and Cripps. We used to get angry about it. Now we just try and have a little fun with it. Don't stress, Cripps just waiting on cap space confirmation to max out his next contract. 👍

Blue_Steel89

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Well. Every year dsh5ts in the local media link us to some star for another club so that when they re-sign with their club as what was always going to happen, they add another 'failed' trade to the Freo list to bash us with. This year its Karl Langdon on 6PR and Cripps. We used to get angry about it. Now we just try and have a little fun with it. Don't stress, Cripps just waiting on cap space confirmation to max out his next contract. 👍
That makes sense mate lol thanks for replying 👌 apparently Cripps is close to re-signing but who knows when. This cap space and list size delay is ridiculous!

Cerra and Brayshaw look like future stars for you guys btw 👌

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
... at Freo ;)

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't care if Freo get 7th or 8th next season and get belted by 40-60 points in the Elim final. We need to get the younger players to play finals as soon as possible

I'd care a little!

Finals will be awesome but a belting? Yeah rather us competitive.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I'd care a little!

Finals will be awesome but a belting? Yeah rather us competitive.
The focus on next year needs to be around things like;
  • Fitness of key players including Pearce, Hamling, Logue and Young
  • Rationalise our assets in defence when the above four are available. For me this might include building flexibility into the roles of Logue and Young, but possibly Duman/Hughes.
  • Major work needs to happen on the game plan forward of centre.
  • Focus on the development of Henry, Sturt and Frederick over the pre-season to add talent and pace forward and link up play from midfield.
  • Hogan, Taberner and Lobb (along with the smalls) need to get a really cohesive partnership functioning.
  • I think we need Valente coming through strongly as a skillful inside bull.
Those developments equal finals for me.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
The focus on next year needs to be around things like;
  • Fitness of key players including Pearce, Hamling, Logue and Young
  • Rationalise our assets in defence when the above four are available. For me this might include building flexibility into the roles of Logue and Young, but possibly Duman/Hughes.
  • Major work needs to happen on the game plan forward of centre.
  • Focus on the development of Henry, Sturt and Frederick over the pre-season to add talent and pace forward and link up play from midfield.
  • Hogan, Taberner and Lobb (along with the smalls) need to get a really cohesive partnership functioning.
  • I think we need Valente coming through strongly as a skillful inside bull.
Those developments equal finals for me.

Close to full strength anything less than finals is a failure. Can't keep developing forever. Our best 22-25 are good enough.

Need some forward connection and a bit more dare. Agree with you in that Sturt, Henry and Hogan need to find places and create some chemistry.

For teams outside the 8 we're as good a chance as anyone to jump up.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Close to full strength anything less than finals is a failure. Can't keep developing forever. Our best 22-25 are good enough.

Need some forward connection and a bit more dare. Agree with you in that Sturt, Henry and Hogan need to find places and create some chemistry.

For teams outside the 8 we're as good a chance as anyone to jump up.
Injuries always impact, but my expectation is finals regardless.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
My next door neighbor saw Cripps signing up to
Royal Fremantle Golf Club
Brendan Goddard dropped off the list.

Last year there were a number of ITK posters telling us Alister Clarkson was the next coach and again the rumours of a Golf Membership in Perth. Bought a house in Coogee.

When Cripps has bought a house in Coogee I know he will be coming.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts

Last year there were a number of ITK posters telling us Alister Clarkson was the next coach and again the rumours of a Golf Membership in Perth. Bought a house in Coogee.

Applecross close enough?

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.

fcovers.jpg

He had a Dockers golf bag too apparently...with Nat Fyfe club covers.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I went past Cockburn this morning on my way to a meeting and swung the car around at the eastern end of the ARC to have a look. Freddy, Hayden Young and maybe Switta (not sure, looked like him in the face but super beefy... maybe even Valente) doing some laps and having a kick. There was a couple of taller blokes also running laps but couldn’t see who from where I was. Can confirm definitely not Lobb, Hogan or Tabs though. Young looks like he has put on a bit of beef in the gym and was looking ripped without a shirt on.
Great to see the younger boys putting in some kms so soon after the season end rather than taking it easy now that quarantine is finished. Should hold us in good stead going forward.

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Andrew Brayshaw will finish top 5 in the brownlow for 2021. The guy is an endurance beast, this shorter form games curtailed his potential influence. He started the year very very well then tapered off as the year progressed. Another years development will see him push into the upper echelon. Just needs to sort his goal kicking.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
I went past Cockburn this morning on my way to a meeting and swung the car around at the eastern end of the ARC to have a look. Freddy, Hayden Young and maybe Switta (not sure, looked like him in the face but super beefy... maybe even Valente) doing some laps and having a kick. There was a couple of taller blokes also running laps but couldn’t see who from where I was. Can confirm definitely not Lobb, Hogan or Tabs though. Young looks like he has put on a bit of beef in the gym and was looking ripped without a shirt on.
Great to see the younger boys putting in some kms so soon after the season end rather than taking it easy now that quarantine is finished. Should hold us in good stead going forward.
Lobb's in Broome with his super hot lady friend

Back