Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

That doesn't even bother me, been plenty of non stars make it to 300 games. When you're done you're ******* done though, and Jones has been done for 12months.

Would be pretty hollow for me as a supporter. Similar to how I felt with Brad Green towards the end of his career. Hanging round like a self centered prick when it's so bloody obvious he's done.

Would be a sh*t decision by the club but even shitter and more pathetic one by Jones to carry on just for his own benefit while offering us absolutely nothing.

I hope the clubs has the balls to tell him no, but I have my doubts. Let's see how "ruthless" Goody really is.
only that your off the mark with Green

2010 he should have been AA, 2011 still kicked almost 40 goals, 2012 Mark Neeld came in and ****ed everyone. Then he retired at the end of 2011

only that your off the mark with Green

2010 he should have been AA, 2011 still kicked almost 40 goals, 2012 Mark Neeld came in and f’ed everyone. Then he retired at the end of 2011

Fine with me , Jones is the only selfish a-hole then 😂👍

If he plays on he absolutely is.
why?

would you knock back an extra contract for a year at about $250k+ if it was offered to you?

Players get delisted without anyone blinking an eye. In fact fans will say '* some off' without hesitation. So I don't really blame any player for staying on longer than they should if they have the chance

The fact most Melbourne supporters want him to play on just shows you the state of this club. We are at a point where we are handing out charity games are we? Why the * should we if we have any sort of finals aspirations.

The one man makes no difference argument is bullshit, it's a mindset thing. We'll carry someone to 300 games and take our eye completely off the ball which is winning football games.

If he was performing like someone like Burgoyne I'd completely understand it. This isn't an age thing. This is a Jones is genuinely s**t now at football thing.

why?

would you knock back an extra contract for a year at about $250k+ if it was offered to you?

Players get delisted without anyone blinking an eye. In fact fans will say 'fu** some off' without hesitation. So I don't really blame any player for staying on longer than they should if they have the chance

I'd probably say, "hey, I've made enough money off this game which has completely gone past me, it's time to give a kid my jumper and spot on this list , I can be proud of my career even though I achieved no great team success and happily call it a day"

I remember how hard it was for Daniel Cross to accept it was the end for him...and he was ten times the player Jones was at the end of his career.

The fact most Melbourne supporters want him to play on just shows you the state of this club. We are at a point where we are handing out charity games are we? Why the fu** should we if we have any sort of finals aspirations.

The one man makes no difference argument is bullshit, it's a mindset thing. We'll carry someone to 300 games and take our eye completely off the ball which is winning football games.

If he was performing like someone like Burgoyne I'd completely understand it. This isn't an age thing. This is a Jones is genuinely sh*t now at football thing.

Burgoyne is also a triple premiership player and Hawks are in rebuild mode, they can afford to give him the extra year.

We are meant to be in the premiership window and have extreme pressure on the club to perform in 2021.

Burgoyne is also a triple premiership player and Hawks are in rebuild mode, they can afford to give him the extra year.

We are meant to be in the premiership window and have extreme pressure on the club to perform in 2021.

Burgoyne still impacts games positively, can't remember the last time I genuinely thought Jones was of any use whatsoever.

I'd probably say, "hey, I've made enough money off this game which has completely gone past me, it's time to give a kid my jumper and spot on this list , I can be proud of my career even though I achieved no great team success and happily call it a day"

I remember how hard it was for Daniel Cross to accept it was the end for him...and he was ten times the player Jones was at the end of his career.
The problem is there are about 15 guys who need to go before Jones (maybe the number is a little lower with the recent delistings)

I don't think Jones' should feel bad that the kids haven't gone past him and in many case unfortunately won't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgoyne still impacts games positively, can't remember the last time I genuinely thought Jones was of any use whatsoever.
He didn't impact any games positively this year for Hawthorn.

Based on 2020 alone Burgoyne was no better than Jones. I'm not using that as praise in any way for Jones either

He didn't impact any games positively this year for Hawthorn.

Based on 2020 alone Burgoyne was no better than Jones. I'm not using that as praise in any way for Jones either

Bullshit...he practically won them the game vs Carlton over in Perf.

Had plenty of other moments in games where he still showed he has something to give.

The problem is there are about 15 guys who need to go before Jones (maybe the number is a little lower with the recent delistings)

I don't think Jones' should feel bad that the kids haven't gone past him and in many case unfortunately won't

15 guys give me a break. 😂

None of the guys who didn't get a game this year would have been any more useless than Jones was at senior level. He was gifted games. Cause that is what we do instead of play finals.

Last edited:
Bullshit...he practically won them the game vs Carlton over in Perf.

Had plenty of other moments in games where he still showed he has something to give.

Not my fault you didn't watch the game
* you have different standards if you truly believe that

Either way, Good list management by Hawthorn had they not kept a 37 year old washed up footballer on their list they would have missed the finals by 6 wins and %, not 5 and %

Turns out you are only a selfish arsehole staying around keeping a kid out of the team until you get to your late 30's and your team is bottom 4

fu** you have different standards if you truly believe that

Either way, Good list management by Hawthorn had they not kept a 37 year old washed up footballer on their list they would have missed the finals by 6 wins and %, not 5 and %

Turns out you are only a selfish arsehole staying around keeping a kid out of the team until you get to your late 30's and your team is bottom 4

Age doesn't mean s**t if you can play still. Jones is younger and truly garbage.

There is a massive difference.

You people are toxic. What exactly do you support the club for? To see 22 strangers stand on a dais in matching jumpers? Or to form some kind of connecction with the people who represent the club. Regardless of whether Jones stays, he deserves better than the s**t in here after carrying us on his shoulders for five s**t years.

You people are toxic. What exactly do you support the club for? To see 22 strangers stand on a dais in matching jumpers? Or to form some kind of connecction with the people who represent the club. Regardless of whether Jones stays, he deserves better than the sh*t in here after carrying us on his shoulders for five sh*t years.

Cry me a river.

It's about winning football games. Show me wins and I'll stfu

Jam your player connection up your arse. Your romantic attitude is what is toxic.

I love Jonesy & he was our 1 reliable player through an embarrassing (more than usual) period, but he has been done for 2 years. It worries me that it's even up in the air that he could be playing on, he was so far off the pace this year it's not funny and has clearly been in a steady decline for multiple seasons.

I don't think it would disrespectful for the club to let him go, if he wants to remain involved in the club find him an ambassadorial or assistant type role, he is finished as an AFL player.

You saying Jones is finished in GameDay threads tells you all you need to know Tulip , you said it multiple times last year. You're posting with your heart while your eyes and brain are telling you that he is not AFL list worthy.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back