Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So some muscly blokes in tinnies and Toyota's are their national defence ?

It's probably the next best available thing if you don't have any ICBM's laying about.

Better get 'em on to my rel's " north " of the border.

I think there's some other folks that keep them in check after they were a bit naughty a few years ago.

Bare chests have to do these days.

1603077075832.png

Make XXXXX great again? Have you brought in to the political group think psychology that was designed to dismantle this by associating with every abhorrence on the planet?

1) It's a ****ing hat.
2) It alludes to getting a country back on track in the eyes of it's a political party. Basically 1950-60's mon & apple pie crap.
3) It's not even CLOSELY related to swastikas etc.

The major opposing aspect of the MAGA thing is that it neutralises ideological impostors who make careers out of being irrationally offended!!!

If that truly offends you, then I suggest you look around a bit more and open your eyes.

Oh FFS, you got all that out of me flippantly commenting on the fact that selective blindness applies both ways?

And it's actually a ****ing T-short that Johnny is wearing.

Well some of it anyway. (Tho TOD might disagree. Wherever he is.)

Just taking a short hiatus from the stupid, ferbs. Vital for maintaining one's even keel and healthy glow.

And yep, not for one moment taking anything away from EVH's considerable talents, but you're spot on. From memory I'd say my nominal 'soundtrack of the summer of 84' would have probably been Stoneage Romeos.

Probably forgetting a few other key (long-)players, but honorable mentions to....

Husker Du - Zen Arcade
Beasts Of Bourbon - Axeman's Jazz
The Smiths - The Smiths
The Dream Syndicate - Medicine Show
Echo & The Bunnymen - Ocean Rain
The Replacements - Let It Be

Stiff - Prince.

(Too soon?)

You genuinely do believe Trump is a fascist, don't you? Hilarious! I thought you were saying obviously wrong crap to rile Snake up, but you actually believe it :drunk:

To be fair, Mr N, given the scope for subjective interpretation inherent in the topic of discussion, it's not necessarily a debate that has any definitive, right-wrong answer, is it?

(Although admittedly I never fail to get a chuckle out of Trump referring to the Dems as "the far left".)

But I digress....

.....genuine question asked politely and in good faith - in light of your comments to Funky in this thread, and in the interest of better establishing where your own personal Overton Window sits.....what is your opinion of the constant references in the covid thread to "Dictator" Dan Andrews being a fascist, him running a fascist state, etc? I think I saw a Hitler reference a few days back. Over the top? Worthy of similar ridicule?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, Mr N, given the scope for subjective interpretation inherent in the topic of discussion, it's not necessarily a debate that has any definitive, right-wrong answer, is it?

(Although admittedly I never fail to get a chuckle out of Trump referring to the Dems as "the far left".)

But I digress....

.....genuine question asked politely and in good faith - in light of your comments to Funky in this thread, and in the interest of better establishing where your own personal Overton Window sits.....what is your opinion of the constant references in the covid thread to "Dictator" Dan Andrews being a fascist, him running a fascist state, etc? I think I saw a Hitler reference a few days back. Over the top? Worthy of similar ridicule?

I agree, there's no definitive right or wrong answer, but I would argue most normal people, love or hate Trump, can see he's not a fascist. There are plenty of things wrong with him, and I've been clear I can't stand him, but he's not a fascist. He is further right than most traditional Republican candidates, in much the same way Sanders and Warren were further left than normal, but that doesn't automatically make him a fascist. I think that's why the Democrats have run with Biden - he's closer to centre-left, and they think they can get more votes from appearing to be more moderate. I'm not sure that is a winning strategy - I think politics (particularly American politics) is a game of political extremes, and like him or loathe him, I'm expecting to see Trump win again.

I think any normal person can see Andrews is neither a fascist nor a dictator, nor is he running a fascist state. I think "Dictator Dan" is one of those catchy insulting names people like to throw out because they're frustrated, in much the same way as people started calling Morrison "Scotty From Marketing" when they were frustrated about the bushfires, and Abbott "The Mad Monk" when they were frustrated about, well, everything.

I would attribute 100% scorn to anyone likening Andrews to Hitler, in exactly the same way I attribute 100% scorn to the way Funky has likened Trump to Hitler countless times in this thread. I don't know whether Funky thinks he's neutral, or whether he'd admit he's quite far left, but to anyone looking at things impartially, it's clear that he mainly despises Trump because of his far left political leanings, not for the reasons many more "centre" people hate Trump - eg LuvtheKangs seems to be to be quite a "centre" type poster that despises Trump with a passion.

Do share,
Love a good local league story..
here is one that comes to mind
so 15 years ago (this month I think, need to go and look at the game dates and scores list I saved onto my external hard drive). it was just after a game and we were in the lobby after the game (since there was only 2 locker rooms at the rink). so we lost the game (the other team had not played within the spirit the level). one of the players on our team (the girlfriend of one of our players too) was in an argument with one of there players (another lady). we were all making cat fighting noises since we thought a cat fight was going to break out (see Joan Collins vs Linda Evans). turns out later the lady (on the other team) was a judge. I thought we could all end up in the clinker for this.

I agree, there's no definitive right or wrong answer, but I would argue most normal people, love or hate Trump, can see he's not a fascist. There are plenty of things wrong with him, and I've been clear I can't stand him, but he's not a fascist. He is further right than most traditional Republican candidates, in much the same way Sanders and Warren were further left than normal, but that doesn't automatically make him a fascist. I think that's why the Democrats have run with Biden - he's closer to centre-left, and they think they can get more votes from appearing to be more moderate. I'm not sure that is a winning strategy - I think politics (particularly American politics) is a game of political extremes, and like him or loathe him, I'm expecting to see Trump win again.

I think any normal person can see Andrews is neither a fascist nor a dictator, nor is he running a fascist state. I think "Dictator Dan" is one of those catchy insulting names people like to throw out because they're frustrated, in much the same way as people started calling Morrison "Scotty From Marketing" when they were frustrated about the bushfires, and Abbott "The Mad Monk" when they were frustrated about, well, everything.

I would attribute 100% scorn to anyone likening Andrews to Hitler, in exactly the same way I attribute 100% scorn to the way Funky has likened Trump to Hitler countless times in this thread. I don't know whether Funky thinks he's neutral, or whether he'd admit he's quite far left, but to anyone looking at things impartially, it's clear that he mainly despises Trump because of his far left political leanings, not for the reasons many more "centre" people hate Trump - eg LuvtheKangs seems to be to be quite a "centre" type poster that despises Trump with a passion.
far to articulative post for this thread.

Define properly? Its synthetically brewed. In other words a heap of chemicals are added to "enhance" the process so it flies through the batch in under 48 hours. Hence the jackhammer headaches the accompony a session drinking it.
So that would be a "no".

Surely wearing MAGA gear is the height of selective blindness, no?

That aside, John Lydon is a legend and a treasure.
Shouldn't America be great again by now? It's been four years.

You can't use that slogan on your reelection campaign. It's just asking for someone to ask what you've been doing during your first term.

"Murdering Epstein and playing golf. Now piss off!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back