EPL Matchday 5

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

No red card here. Keepers clash with players all the time trying to stop a goal, it's only because his name is Pickford that the English media want his head and that he did it to the greatest human to have ever lived in their minds.

Pretty much everyone apart from Everton fans who somehow think they are the victim in this think its a disgusting tackle.

This also wasnt given as a red, must have also "just been a collision".

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Was surprised that the Leeds player wasn't in trouble for the shove to be honest. Jiminez seemed to just get tangled up as he fell so not enough of a 'clear and obvious' kick out.
He definitely kicked out but contact was minimal at most. Thought it was the action not the consequences that got called for kicking out. But agree seemed like a foul and not a throw but still a red for kicking out after the foul

Pretty much everyone apart from Everton fans who somehow think they are the victim in this think its a disgusting tackle.

This also wasnt given as a red, must have also "just been a collision".

Er yes I think that's the entire reason Brades posted it.

EDIT: Sorry you added the video as an edit.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Came into the matchday thread expecting pages of melts from Spurs fans and lots of trolls from mainly Arsenal folk. Instead nobody is talking about Spurs shitting the bed and instead talking about VVD.
Most of us now know we're s**t now so we don't really expect much more than conceding goals and not winning at home nowadays

Most of us now know we're sh*t now so we don't really expect much more than conceding goals and not winning at home nowadays

Weird comment about the highest scorers in the division who are probably one of the inform teams.

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Shades of last season with us controlling the play but not able to find a telling final ball. Wolves were good in the second half. Onto Villa on Saturday morning.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
You guys are scoring goals freely, when Bale is up to speed that will only improve. Not sure how you can you are sh*t, far from it.
We've kept 1 clean sheet in 14 games. That's s**t. No point score 3 and getting a point. We improved massively going forward but every CB of ours has declined year after year

We've kept 1 clean sheet in 14 games. That's sh*t. No point score 3 and getting a point. We improved massively going forward but every CB of ours has declined year after year

We're talking about Spurs not Carlton mate, no need to see every grey cloud.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Weird comment about the highest scorers in the division who are probably one of the inform teams.
1 clean sheet in 14 games. 0-2-1 record at home and we haven't played a top 6 side yet from last season. We look very good going forward but will concede every week unless this Rodon from Swansea is a massive improvement on what we've got

1 clean sheet in 14 games. 0-2-1 record at home and we haven't played a top 6 side yet from last season. We look very good going forward but will concede every week unless this Rodon from Swansea is a massive improvement on what we've got

Reckon you'll beat United and Chelsea comfortably the way they're both playing at the moment.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
We're talking about Spurs not Carlton mate, no need to see every grey cloud.
They're the facts pal if you actually watched us play instead of just read the results you'd know we haven't actually been that good before the United spanking. Last night's game was exactly like the Southampton game where we were very good for a half and outplayed for a half. Shouldn't have to rely on scoring 5 to make sure the job is done. We've needed to bring on Harry Kane and Lo Celso in games in Macedonia and Bulgaria to get over the line in Europa League qualifiers. The GF column looks great but the GA and Pts not poor and average, respectively

They're the facts pal if you actually watched us play instead of just read the results you'd know we haven't actually been that good before the United spanking. Last night's game was exactly like the Southampton game where we were very good for a half and outplayed for a half. Shouldn't have to rely on scoring 5 to make sure the job is done. We've needed to bring on Harry Kane and Lo Celso in games in Macedonia and Bulgaria to get over the line in Europa League qualifiers. The GS column looks great but the GA and Pts not poor and average, respectively

I do watch you play, pal. I'd have you only behind Everton and Villa on performances so far this season. If you haven't noticed, most sides are struggling defensively this season, at least you're able to find the net with regularity and probably have the form striker of the division.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I do watch you play, pal. I'd have you only behind Everton and Villa on performances so far this season. If you haven't noticed, most sides are struggling defensively this season, at least you're able to find the net with regularity and probably have the form striker of the division.
We are 7th and played nobody of note other than Everton. Not disagreeing with the fact Kane is on fire, Son is on fire, but we are 7th and conceded the 3rd most goals in the top half. Everyone is conceding goals this season but for us it's not just a current issue. Only 1 non-relegated side kept less clean sheets than us last season. We signed new full backs which helps but Sanchez is getting worse, Toby is past his prime and getting worse & the jury is out for many on Dier who I think is our best CB.

I never said anyone else wasn't s**t. Think it'll be one of those seasons where being just the least s**t should be enough to get 3rd which is now achievable. But when you know you've got it in you to concede soft goals like Spurs do why would you melt about it happening?

We are 7th and played nobody of note other than Everton. Not disagreeing with the fact Kane is on fire, Son is on fire, but we are 7th and conceded the 3rd most goals in the top half. Everyone is conceding goals this season but for us it's not just a current issue. Only 1 non-relegated side kept less clean sheets than us last season. We signed new full backs which helps but Sanchez is getting worse, Toby is past his prime and getting worse & the jury is out for many on Dier who I think is our best CB.

I never said anyone else wasn't sh*t. Think it'll be one of those seasons where being just the least sh*t should be enough to get 3rd which is now achievable. But when you know you've got it in you to concede soft goals like Spurs do why would you melt about it happening?

Lol I'm hoping that's just bait. You also claimed in a previous post you haven't played a top 6 side from last season.. you having memory lapses?

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
One thing that surprised me a bit post the Spurs match, possession was almost 50-50, and we've never really gotten that high under Moyes really especially playing 5 at the back.

Spurs just need to cut out the silly free kicks from out wide also, Aurier a serial offender there.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

When you win 6-1 away you really shouldn’t be bothered about not keeping a clean sheet.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
One thing that surprised me a bit post the Spurs match, possession was almost 50-50, and we've never really gotten that high under Moyes really especially playing 5 at the back.

Spurs just need to cut out the silly free kicks from out wide also, Aurier a serial offender there.
We try and sit back and play on the counter. Which in theory is a great idea. With Kane spraying passes to Son, Bale, Lucas, Lamela, Bergwijn and then getting into the box late it's brilliant as an attacking approach. But the problem is idiotic defending giving away free kicks as you mentioned and pea heart defending of set pieces, which go hand in hand together.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lol I'm hoping that's just bait. You also claimed in a previous post you haven't played a top 6 side from last season.. you having memory lapses?
I was talking about our 0-2-1 home record without having played a top 6 side from last season

I was talking about our 0-2-1 home record without having played a top 6 side from last season

I see. And when referring to Everton as the only decent side you've played..?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Frustrating. Didn’t really deserve to lose, Wolves just made the most of their chances.

Harrison was poor tonight.

Was a very winnable game.

As I said in the other thread, I kept an eye on Calvin Phillips.

When Leeds have the ball they push 4 or even 5 men forward which leaves him with an acre of space in midfield to do what he wants with the ball. He jogs from one side of the pitch to the other to pick it up and push it forward. He played well but there's a lot of players who would look good in that sort of system. England play much more negatively so he doesn't have much time on the ball and ends up passing it backwards 90% of the time.

When Leeds are defending he acts as a midfield sweeper similar to his England role. I thought his positioning was poor for the Wolves goal. He should have been pressing on the edge of the area. After the goal he dropped into the backline. That seemed more tactical than that he had run out of legs.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
As I said in the other thread, I kept an eye on Calvin Phillips.

When Leeds have the ball they push 4 or even 5 men forward which leaves him with an acre of space in midfield to do what he wants with the ball. He jogs from one side of the pitch to the other to pick it up and push it forward. He played well but there's a lot of players who would look good in that sort of system. England play much more negatively so he doesn't have much time on the ball and ends up passing it backwards 90% of the time.

When Leeds are defending he acts as a midfield sweeper similar to his England role. I thought his positioning was poor for the Wolves goal. He should have been pressing on the edge of the area. After the goal he dropped into the backline. That seemed more tactical than that he had run out of legs.

No, actually that's generally what he does when the opposition are deep in possession.

He drops into a back 3 when the ball progresses past midfield.

Struijk went off injured and Dallas moved into CB.

He hasn't been great so far this season. He's just been solid.

Klich and Koch have been the stars of the show so far. Koch looks like an unbelievable buy for the price, the White saga looks like a complete blessing tbh.

Bielsa said in an interview this week Koch reminds him of Javi Martinez when he moved him to CB at Bilbao and he thinks he has similar potential. High praise.

Last edited:
Back