Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a truly vile rumour on so many levels.
I have no problem with the Bombers asking the question as no doubt all clubs do but we shouldn’t immediately assume it’s player driven and if you read Tom Brownes report there was no mention that the player was interested just that the Bombers were. Managers would field these inquiries all the time

McEvoy in does give us flexibility.

If we have a fit Bruce, English, JUH as our tall forwards, it gives us the ability to play Naughton at CHB, along with Keath and Wood/Cordy/Gardner as third tall defender.

Bevo will be too stubborn to move Naughts back though.
He wasn’t too stubborn to move him forward

So, doesn’t sound like we will be doing anything because we haven’t changed the playing list.
Trade week hasn't started, the finals aren't even over.

Geelong will have to shed some players to fit him in. Who can we target?
Harry Taylor and Gary Ablett to retire - Hawkins & Selwood to take a pay reduction. That's Cameron's salary right there.
They'll lose Jordan Clark who was due for a payday.

Massive for us with Cameron going to Geelong 11,16 picks for sure then compo picks for Corr and the other 3 more than likely 12,22,33

That’s picks 11,12,16,22,33,39,46,66,82

So what if we trade our first 2020,2021 for picks 16,22,33,39 and O,Hallaron
Second round 2021

Dogs
16,22,33,36,39,49,85 total points 3423
Ugle- Hagen
O’Hallaron
Pick36
Pick39
Pick49
Second round 2021

GWS
Pick11
Pick12
Pick13
Pick46
First round 2021

Win win

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can only take to the draft as many picks as you have list spots. With list sizes reducing we would need to de-list 10 players to make that scenario work.

Harry Taylor and Gary Ablett to retire - Hawkins & Selwood to take a pay reduction. That's Cameron's salary right there.
They'll lose Jordan Clark who was due for a payday.
They also have 650k that was put aside for Kelly. They’ve got plenty in the bank.

Sam Simpson from Geelong? He is out of contract and has looked good this finals series.

I wouldn't begrudge Dunkley leaving. He's been perhaps the biggest victim of our shithouse list management. Playing him as a ruck/forward this year was terrible for his development, has lowered his value and I don't even think it benefitted us from a team perspective. We'll be lucky to get a first rounder for him now and Dodoro will have his way with us once again.
LOL yes the skies falling in Henny Penny on the back of Tom Browne mentioning another club is interested in our player

And if have any more lazy unfulfilled talents like Jake on our list Dodo is welcome to them, how’s it worked out for them?

Sam Simpson from Geelong? He is out of contract and has looked good this finals series.

He's a midfielder. I don't think we need him. I think he'll stay at Geelong anyway. He's getting games in an aging midfield. Can also see him fitting in nicely at Essendon or Carlton.

We need forwards and backs.

Yep, and it's the source of most gripes on here, and seemingly why our ruck management debacle exists. I think most on here are in agreement that our ruck management this year was a critical issue, and that issue may be addressed by fresh faces and ideas coming in to the coaching panel, and hopefully at least one of those fresh faces challenging Bevo on how the ruck situation is managed.

Sadly, it seems nothing will change, unless Bevo has a road to Damascus revelation or the ghosts of Bulldog coaches past appear in his sleep.

"Use the ruck, Luke!" - Obi Wan Hampshire

View attachment 989508
Tigers won a premiership with Griggs in the ruck and are doing all right with just one at the moment. The cats don’t have a great centre square ruckman.

I’m not saying we couldn’t do better but some of this is OTT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I come in peace.

Dunkley theoretically could be swayed by a lucrative offer, but that doesn't mean anything if Bulldogs aren't satisfied. They'd need to believe their list is better balanced to challenge going forward. Clearly dogs wouldn't benefit from a draft pick this year considering it'll be absorbed by JUH. I think the only way Dogs may consider a trade is if there's a 3-way trade for an established gun KPP (preferably KPD or Ruckman). I'm pretty sure dogs would be looking at particular players to target this off-season so we may be able to assist getting those players there. This is only if Dunkley would even consider moving, which is highly unlikely. Otherwise, Merrett could come into the discussion, but I don't believe he will necessarily help Bulldogs win a premiership.
You should take Dodos job, no on 2nd thoughts where wall our entertainment come from without Dodo

I have no problem with the Bombers asking the question as no doubt all clubs do but we shouldn’t immediately assume it’s player driven and if you read Tom Brownes report there was no mention that the player was interested just that the Bombers were. Managers would field these inquiries all the time

Exactly.

I've expressed interest many times in buying a controlling share in BHP....

Tigers won a premiership with Griggs in the ruck and are doing all right with just one at the moment. The cats don’t have a great centre square ruckman.

I’m not saying we couldn’t do better but some of this is OTT

What part of my post was OTT? I just summarised a general posting consensus for this board over the 2020 season.

Plus, I still don't believe English is a genuine ruckman, nor ever will be. He is a midfielder being played in the ruck due to his height.
Richmond's flag team last year had Nankervis and Soldo, btw. During finals, they've used Chol and Astbury as backups, both significantly taller than Grigg or Dunkley. Chol, Soldo and Nankervis as ruckmen have played 35 games between them in 2020. Cats also rotate genuine talls through the ruck (Stanley, Blicavs, Fort, Ratugolea, even Hawkins), not midfielders. Some of he most competitive ruck performances from us late in the season were when Bruce was rucking, as he at least gave a physical contest.

He's a midfielder. I don't think we need him. I think he'll stay at Geelong anyway. He's getting games in an aging midfield. Can also see him fitting in nicely at Essendon or Carlton.

We need forwards and backs.
I thought they were playing him high half forward for pressure?

What are our needs? Ironically, they are for the four positions of premiership players that are now playing at other clubs!
Mature ruck- Jordan Roughead
Pressure forward- Luke Dahlhaus
Impact Forward/Burst Mid- Jake Stringer
Key Defender- Joel Hamling

I wonder if Jordan Clark is on our radar.

I was angry that he was in the bottom 50. So unfair.
Yes Mofra is his own man and he is entitled to his own opinion, but you are right Tim English did do some great things this year and he is Brodie Grundy's favourite Ruck 3 x 3 Votes in their last three meetings. I don't blame Tim English i blame Bevo as he had to try BJS (Big Jordon Sweet) as the centre square guy with Tim English either forward or back depending on the opposition set up.

I wonder if Jordan Clark is on our radar.

Got a decent shoe on him would be handy although we have a million HBFs

What part of my post was OTT? I just summarised a general posting consensus for this board over the 2020 season.

Plus, I still don't believe English is a genuine ruckman, nor ever will be. He is a midfielder being played in the ruck due to his height.
Richmond's flag team last year had Nankervis and Soldo, btw. During finals, they've used Chol and Astbury as backups, both significantly taller than Grigg or Dunkley. Chol, Soldo and Nankervis as ruckmen have played 35 games between them in 2020. Cats also rotate genuine talls through the ruck (Stanley, Blicavs, Fort, Ratugolea, even Hawkins), not midfielders. Some of he most competitive ruck performances from us late in the season were when Bruce was rucking, as he at least gave a physical contest.
What defines a 'genuine ruckman' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back