Will the Granny sell out?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Grand Final WILL sell out. There are loads of Victorian expats up here and this is a once in a lifetime thing for Queensland AFL fans.

Could have had 60k at Optus Stadium, probably an average ticket price of $300. That's about $18 million in revenue.

Will be struggling to get a third of that at the Gabba.

They'll fill the 30k one way or another but there will be discounted or comped tickets to ensure it happens.

Egg on the faces of the AFL.
Imagine if Port or us had've made the GF in Perth and only a few hundred competing club fans could actually attend?

Perth was rightfully the last choice.

gawd now west coast are out they would be crying that they didnt hold it in perth....

tens of millions .... NTTAWWT

A bit like building a stadium for $1 billion and holding no events at it.

Better hope the Indians turn up for the cricket or tens of millions.....NTTAWWT.

Virat Kohli - can go any stadium.

The Grand Final WILL sell out. There are loads of Victorian expats up here and this is a once in a lifetime thing for Queensland AFL fans.

Imagine if Port or us had've made the GF in Perth and only a few hundred competing club fans could actually attend?

Perth was rightfully the last choice.
well now we have victorians in the same circumstance

If Victorians were allowed to travel, this would have sold out in minutes.

Realistically though, how many Richmond/Geelong/AFL members would be in the Brisbane area? It doesn't suprise its going to public.
3500 tigers , 2200 cats were sold today

I don't really think it's an embarrassment if it doesn't sell out. It may have slipped past a few people, but there's been a couple of mitigating circumstances this year.

Would Melbourne sell out Marvel for two random teams in the NRL grand final, if most of the club's fans couldn't enter the state and tickets were $200-300 each? I don't know.

cant believe not sold out still
You were expecting the 6,000 odd Richmond/Geelong members to buy the 16,000 public tickets available? There was always going to be left over tickets for the general public with only that amount of members permitted to attend. I believe it will sell out tomorrow pretty easily tbh

It will always sell-out. 97,431 fans attended the West Coast-Sydney Grand Final which is the largest crowd for a Grand Final featuring two non-Victorian teams. 2004 and 2005 saw reduced crowds at the MCG due to reconstruction

Could have had 60k at Optus Stadium, probably an average ticket price of $300. That's about $18 million in revenue.

Will be struggling to get a third of that at the Gabba.

They'll fill the 30k one way or another but there will be discounted or comped tickets to ensure it happens.

Egg on the faces of the AFL.
The season wouldn’t have continued if it weren’t for QLD. The AFL decided to hold it there to pay it forward. Good on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cause it's been on sale since Sunday morning at 9am.

No, you are wrong. That was for AFL members etc. It goes on sale to general public at 9am today. There was never enough local Geelong and Richmond members (who could only buy single seats) to fill the 16.5k member allocation. The game is not at the MCG there is not 160k odd club members allowed to try for a ticket.

cause it's been on sale since Sunday morning at 9am.

yes, but the fact is there probably hasn't been 16500 (plus AFL members which are not part of the 16500) people who have been eligible and realistically can attend been able to get tickets yet.

Once it is open to everyone who physically and legally get to the Gabba on Saturday, I suspect it will sell pretty quick.

I am certainly looking forward to flying from Canberra to attend the game, but I am an AFL member so I booked points flights a few weeks ago that could be cancelled. You are now looking at about $500-600 to fly up on Friday / Saturday.

yeah I get all that. I just thought that members that can't can't go would snap them all up for family, friends, associates that can.

I joined the queue 7 mins before sale, there were over 15000 ahead of me. Now 9350. It will likely sell out before my turn. Definite sell out.

I joined the queue 7 mins before sale, there were over 15000 ahead of me. Now 9350. It will likely sell out before my turn. Definite sell out.
I hit the button soon as the Join Queue popped up and there were 9500 people ahead of me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back