Welcome Welcome to the SUNS, Brandon Ellis.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I would have thought you should be compensated on the level that you valued an asset.

the current system just helps the big/successful clubs.

Star players go from the lower clubs to the big clubs on less money deals - the lower clubs compensated at a level below where they valued that player
Mediocre players go from the big clubs to the lower clubs on bigger money - the successful clubs over compensated based on their value of that player.
I think the compo framework needs to be a more robust one not the rubbery one which exists today , I wouldn’t have a problem if top 8 clubs actually paid a draft pick as in r1 for lynch or if a finals club got Ellis r2

Just dropped by to say you’ve got a player who sets a great example.
Durable and a good team player.
I reckon the wing is one of the hardest positions, you have to know all the systems to fit ... def structure, midfield off and def and forward and you need to have the legs to be able to cover the switch in def and Brando would cover Dusty’s player when he’d run off forward.
Brando, he’s reliable, smart and a team player and after a while all his teammates will know what he’s going to do when he’s got the ball.
His tank is something that people talk about but what alot miss is he’s a repeat 400 runner so the k’s he covers he does it quicker than most.
If you look up the videos on his draft he’s leading the pack on the time trial.
Good luck to him and you guys I think he’s a type of player every club needs, not a rock star but reliable.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just dropped by to say you’ve got a player who sets a great example.
Durable and a good team player.
I reckon the wing is one of the hardest positions, you have to know all the systems to fit ... def structure, midfield off and def and forward and you need to have the legs to be able to cover the switch in def and Brando would cover Dusty’s player when he’d run off forward.
Brando, he’s reliable, smart and a team player and after a while all his teammates will know what he’s going to do when he’s got the ball.
His tank is something that people talk about but what alot miss is he’s a repeat 400 runner so the k’s he covers he does it quicker than most.
If you look up the videos on his draft he’s leading the pack on the time trial.
Good luck to him and you guys I think he’s a type of player every club needs, not a rock star but reliable.
We haven't had any spread in the 10 years I've been following the Club
Congestion- Suns be thy name
Hoping Ellis can change that

Gcsuns_Gourami

Debutant
Oct 13, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
All supporter groups have ferals. FACT.

Recollection is a very subjective thing.
suns cant have feral supporters when theres no supporters;):sweatsmile:
1571398358301.png

Witch1

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2016
MCG
AFL Club
Fremantle
I remember Brandon fondly from when he stopped and chatted to my daughter and me when we were walking our dog near the MCG.

He's friendly and personable, will be a great asset to Suns PR.

Ellis brings an edge, and confidence, to the Suns that the club is lacking.

In his first photo shoot, Ellis was wearing Gold Coast's No.1 guernsey (the number didn't matter as no one would see the back) and cheekily walked past its owner Pearce Hanley and quipped, "this is the best this jumper has ever looked, Pearcey".

It drew a big laugh from the laidback Irishman.

Rugged midfielder Anthony Miles spent five seasons with Ellis at Richmond and told AFL.com.au the hard-running wingman would bring some much-wanted "energy" to the club.

"You've seen Richmond's change of approach, having fun and trying to make the best out of every situation, and I think he's brought that side here already," Miles said.

"His leadership now, even in the brief chats I've had, he's looking forward to that extra responsibility.

"Now he's in a situation where he's a real leader."

"We've been doing more work on that space," Miles said. "Guys being themselves and being more comfortable in the environment and that'll come with more time together.

"I'm not saying Brandon is arrogant in any way, but he's certainly not short on confidence, and I think that helps others to come out of themselves and he encourages that.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
It's not up to one man, but I really hope he can have an effect up there and GC can start winning more regularly. The fans deserve it, the players deserve it and Ellis deserves it. One of the better blokes I've ever met. That article had me well excited to watch GC this year. Love Ellis as a player. Not the most naturally skilled and while some tiger fans might question the results, no one can deny the effort he puts in. He is a great club man and I'm sad to not have him on our team anymore. He could be pretty important to GC.

We are more disappointed with the pick but whoever is rubbishing Ellis isn’t the general sentiment on our board. He’s a 2 time premiership player. A bloody great wingman and will be awesome for you guys.
You reckon? My view was that it is very much the sentiment of the tigs board which was highly disappointing.

I wasn't talking about that friend. Growing up in Melbourne l recall numerous times Richmond members burning and cutting up Memberships and absolutely abusing players up the race. Let's not mention how well they treated poor D. FRAWLEY either will we.
You have a very large feral base. FACT
No club has a "very large" feral base. Every club has a overly vocal minority. You don't hear about the cops that don't abuse their power the same way you don't hear or see fans that aren't *******s. Are the feral fans from Richmond louder and more needlessly passionate? Maybe. Probably. But a very large feral base? That's massively reductive aimed at any team.

Ellis was told by the Tigers midway through the 2019 season that he would be moved on, a decision that opened the door for his shift to Queensland where he will spend the next five years playing for the Suns.

“I was pretty shaken up and upset when I was told,” Ellis said.

“But it’s a business at the end of the day and these sorts of things happen.

Ellis has been living with teammate and Gold Coast co-captain David Swallow as he searches for his own place as he settles into life at the Suns after playing 176 games for Richmond over eight years where he won two flags, the latest in his final game for the club.

The 26-year-old, who consulted with former Suns and current Tigers Dion Prestia and Tom Lynch before making the move, said he wanted to bring the same fun approach to football that enabled Richmond to go from a club under siege to one that has won two of the past three premierships.

The approach was made famous by vision of Tigers player Jack Higgins telling jokes between quarters.

It may be harder to cut-through at the Gold Coast where wins have been scarce but Ellis said that is exactly why they needed it.

“Football is just a game, it doesn’t define us as people,” Ellis said.

“It’s our job at the end of the day. I remember when I was playing football when I was young it was all about fun.

“I want to try and bring that element to it up here because that is what we did the last three years at the Tigers and it really turned the club around and turned our wins and losses around.

“I’m not saying that is the secret to success but you want to be really enjoying your job at all times. “That is what I want to try and bring up here as well.”

Back