Autopsy Roast & Toast PF vs Port Adelaide & Changes for Grand Final vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Port Adelaide?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rioli was one of our better players on the night. Even though he didn't hit the scoreboard he looked dangerous.
13 disposals at 92% DE, 6 tackles, 5 contested, 4 I50's, 131 meters gained
Also 95 SC pts, his third most since the 2017 QF, plus 39 pressure points, 20 of those in the forward half.

That, and two extra men at the contest.

I think s a wise move as the shortened quarters have made it far harder for us to transition the ball from turnover. Teams are flooding back and we don’t have the extra time to really run them into the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It a different game this year with the short quarters.
Teams just run the clock down a lot more with a lead at the end of a quarter, even if they are only just behind, less risk in the how they play as goals are worth so much more this year. That’s why those goals hurt us against the Bears and we couldn’t run them down in the end. We can’t just let them win the clearance and let our backs absorb and then counter punch any more. Opposition are now flooding so we can’t bomb it forward and rely on forward pressure any more.

Last time I checked we made the granny not stkilda. Butler is very good at getting goals out the back but misses plenty. Does he know how to mark?.
who made the granny has nothing to do with Butler, its like saying we made the GF because of Rioli, its a team effort.
Butler is in AA form, but you're still arguing. good luck.

j

will work on my planning for our 3peat grand final next year
What about earphone and listen to the radio.

I went to a cousins wedding with a transistor radio (before mobile phones)and earphone when the tigers were playing.

It certainly made the singing slightly more bearable.

Lol

Never heard more of a overused word in Victorian football than flog.
Oh and when you guys talk about Dan Andrews.
Will you be atleast be able to watch the grand final at a pub?
At least Richmond is in a grand final.

The AFL basically handed you a grand final place but you could not win at home in the wet!

Not sure if mentioned already, but some of the staging by port players were worse than anything grimes has produced and get crucified for. Im glad the ump didn't let rozie get away with it. But passge on the wing when picket bump boak on the top of the shoulder, and boak went down holding his face like he has been split open. That's complete staging. And in my opinion worse than diving

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Difference is either the free wasn’t paid and or Port didn’t win so we can move on and forget those incidents.
Oh, and Richmond

There is just so much pressure on the cats for the grand final

* Lets do it for Gazz
* Lets do it for Danger
* Lets do it for Scott
* Is this our last chance with dads army
* Can we stop this Chaos sh!t
* Can we kick enough goals
* Is Hawkins island flooded
* Will Gazz/Rohan/Stanley ping another hammy
* Will Lynch kick another 5 goals

Tigers
* Whos telling the joke
* Will Dimma go to the toilet again
* Will Dusty get his 3rd Normy

who made the granny has nothing to do with Butler, its like saying we made the GF because of Rioli, its a team effort.
Butler is in AA form, but you're still arguing. good luck.
I was replying to a comment that 'we all miss Butler' Just letting you know I don't, I actually prefer Aarts. Butler wasn't that great in the final against us. I value Butler's flag with us more than BS AA awards. I value premierships and nothing else.

I was replying to a comment that 'we all miss Butler' Just letting you know I don't, I actually prefer Aarts. Butler wasn't that great in the final against us. I value Butler's flag with us more than BS AA awards. I value premierships and nothing else.
Premierships is where its at -agreed, I was talking about FORM, Butler has it over Rioli and George, that you cant dispute. But anyway, is it a massive difference? no! TBO I like what Aarts brings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget

*Who's the boxer on the t-shirt, that's what I'm hanging out to know.

Les Darcy my tip/gut feel.

Ali from Rumble in the Jungle. the champ, going in as underdog in a fight on foreign lands to get back his title and prove to the world who the greatest of all time was

Ali from Rumble in the Jungle. the champ, going in as underdog in a fight on foreign lands to get back his title and prove to the world who the greatest of all time was
Noooooooo Ali. Overrated and a horrible person and not the greatest of all time, even Ring magazine readjusted and dropped him to third, and that was being generous.

Heaps more deserving than him.

Noooooooo Ali. Overrated and a horrible person.

we are horrible too!

its the fight thats the equivalency. We have effectively spent the season in Zaire, and now its time to get our belt

we are horrible too!

its the fight thats the equivalency. We have effectively spent the season in Zaire, and now its time to get our belt
We are not in the same league when it comes to horrible. He was a nasty racist pig, no individual in our club (to my knowledge) comes close.

What about Spinks beating Ali? That was better.

We are not in the same league when it comes to horrible. He was a nasty racist pig, no individual in our club (th my knowledge) comes close.

look at the fights/fighters he picks, its the story he's choosing

Then chose the Joe Louie second fight, 1000 times better than the rumble in the jungle when it comes to the back story.

And if they went for Rose, then go for Famo as an Aussie option.

i actually thought rose was the better fit for GF tbh

Noooooooo Ali. Overrated and a horrible person and not the greatest of all time, even Ring magazine readjusted and dropped him to third, and that was being generous.

Dude, Ali was a genius, his boxing at the top of his game was sublime.

He was fighting many fights all at the same time, the gov of America took his belts and banned him from boxing during the height of his powers -the 60s was a very turbulent era in the USA.

Yes he was a clown and could be mean, that's his flaw, but he was also a very gifted person in many ways.
I have him at the top, but he could easily be 2nd or third because so many great fighters in history.

i actually thought rose was the better fit for GF tbh
It's interesting Willie Pep on our first t-shirt was the ref in the first Famo/Harada fight in Sydney and being the only judge called it a draw and the crowd went nuts, then the decision was overturned and Famo won on points,and a rematch was officially called and Famo went to Japan and knocked him out.

Famo also went to London to fight the legendary Jose Legra to claim his first WBC title, and he has a statue in Frankston to seal the deal.
He would be a perfect fit.
But I'd still prefer Led Darcy.

On a side note, if Bruce Lee ever decided to get in the boxing ring, it would have been Famo he would have had to fight for the world titles.
Same time frame, same weight division.

No, Spinks was a flash in the pan. Ali took him lightly and paid for it. Ali got serious in the rematch and won easily (at 38 years old).

No, Spinks was a flash in the pan. Ali took him lightly and paid for it. Ali got serious in the rematch and won easily (at 38 years old).
But it was the back story, 8th fight, that was the story, not the eventual outcome to his career.

And did Liston take it easy against Ali?

And when it comes to great Aussie underdog fights, Micheal/Ellis was the greatest of all time. Everyone knew Michael was going to give everything, but no bookie or boxing expert gave him any chance. What a fight that was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back