AFL 2020 - AFL Grand Final (no aftertiming allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prestia is the only one from Richmond I'd be including for 15+ disposals. Also: duncan, gola, Stewart, danger, selwood 15+. Comes to $3.20 on SB, probably could include a couple of AGS in it as well

Richmond conceded the 6th most disposals of any team in 2020. Geelong conceded the least disposals.

As long as Houli doesn't pick up 20 2nd half disposals so people can't claim "he deserved it" and Dusty didn't, I'm not going to be as annoyed as last year. Houli had 5 or 6 "real" (not including kick outs) first half disposals last year and people still claimed media bias got Dusty over the line when he was dominant to break the game wide open.

Last year was a bit of a lottery tbh. I was on Prestia - and for the short time the game was in the balance he was easily the best player on the ground. He just completely faded out of it once the game was already dead.

Last year was a bit of a lottery tbh. I was on Prestia - and for the short time the game was in the balance he was easily the best player on the ground. He just completely faded out of it once the game was already dead.

Do we know the NS panel?

IIRC, Bruce and Carey were on it last year.

I thought if he could replicate what he did Saturday night that he would go very close to winning it? Which definitely isn’t unlikely

A few kicks, few marks, a few tackles, a goal would almost get him home if the Cats win.

Unless Danger or Duncan have a massive 30+ day.

Do we know the NS panel?

IIRC, Bruce and Carey were on it last year.
Last years panel: Alistair Lynch, Chris Johnson, Matthew Lloyd, Bruce McAvaney, Angela Pippos. All of them voted for Dusty Martin as the top player in a 3,2,1 voting format.

Houli came 2nd, Pickett came 3rd, Riewoldt 4th and Prestia 5th.

I put the tip up here yesterday for Duncan 20+ at Ladbrokes ($1.80). If you do like him at those odds I’d suggest jumping on now. They’ve moved his line to 21.5 ($1.87) but have been lazy and haven’t adjusted him for 20+ yet

if Bruce McAvaney is part of the Norm Smith Panel, and Dustin Martin kicks 3 goals, you can just about bank 3 votes from Bruce.

Can take Dusty Martin to win the Norm Smith medal at $6.00 or take Martin to kick 3+ Goals at $8.

Just throwing it up there.

2017 Voting panel: Terry Wallace, Chris Judd, Daisy Pearce, Jake Niall, Mark McClure

The 2017 Grand Final was a bit more a tighter contest

Dusty Martin 13
Houli 10
Edwards, Prestia, Rance 2
Graham 1

Wallace only gave Martin the 1 vote in 2017

Would be very interested to know who is part of the 2020 NS Panel team. It seems like they vary the panel from year to year.

I might lower the bar, in 2017 Martin kicked 2 goals and was Normy. Bruce on the panel + Dusty Martin to bag at least 2 goals or more, he would still come pretty close to snagging 3 votes from Bruce.

Bruce loves him. His favourite player by a mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you willing to cop a minor restriction on winning margin (u39 points), you can still get the desired effect and multi NS with the various tri bet 'either team' options. :thumbsu:

Using the new SB 4-leg any sport multi promo- I've just used this method to have a dabble at a relatively low risk swing at betting on the norm smith, with (in theory) a bonus bet back if my NS bet doesn't get up.

(Note the T&C's for the 4-leg promo stipulate no SGM legs allowed- but tri-bet and NS bet don't register as SGM bets. Also note that the T&C's require 1.10min each leg.)

Example:

20201020_160859.jpg

In theory, the other 3 are safe as houses, meaning nice odds on dusty for NS and bonus bet back if he doesn't get up.

Yep on it. I mentioned it this morning but all good. Atleast it didn't get missed for others to get on
My bad mate! Should have made more of an effort to scroll back. And should have known you had already spotted that value.

Also like Menegola AGS - $3.50 (Lads)
Has kicked 14.5 for the year. Never stops running and plays that attacking wing role.
(Priced as low as $2.10 on PB)

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
My bad mate! Should have made more of an effort to scroll back. And should have known you had already spotted that value.

Also like Menegola AGS - $3.50 (Lads)
Has kicked 14.5 for year. Never stops running and plays that attacking wing role.
(Priced as low as $2.10 on PB)

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Surely Lads ****ed this up? Bet of the year.
Even Duncan is overs, regularly kicks goals.

Last edited:
Cats kicked 1 goal in three quarters last time they played the tigers. Not saying that will happen again but don't think their wingers and mids will be strolling in and kicking easy goals like they have against the weaker teams this year
Menegola averages 0.7 goals a game across his career its not like hes a one in a million chance for a goal off a back pocket yet he's the 3rd highest quoted price in the market, that's overs whatever way you want to spin it.

Last edited:
Prestia is the only one from Richmond I'd be including for 15+ disposals. Also: duncan, gola, Stewart, danger, selwood 15+. Comes to $3.20 on SB, probably could include a couple of AGS in it as well

Richmond conceded the 6th most disposals of any team in 2020. Geelong conceded the least disposals.
Some pre-warning-
If u include selwood 15+ in a sgm i hope you enjoy freaking out till he gets his 15th touch in the last 2 minutes of the game.. o_O last week he was on 0 touches at quarter time and i was thinking my multi was going to be sunk on a ''safe'' 15+ leg . Dont remember how he got 16 as i swear the game said he finished bang on 15 last week. His disposals 2 games before that he got 16, 16, 14, 15, 14. ~bit close
Anyhow, good on you if he comes off! but ill be passing on his 15+.

Last edited:
Pointsbet offering O/U for marks, clearances, tackles, and inside 50's
Looking at Goal Assists on PB
Danger ave 1.15/game (12/20) , Hawk ave 1.15/game (13/19), Ablett ave 1.09/game (8/11)
Ablett playing mostly hf and has a nice kick, so i like him to hit a player on the chest.
1u Ablett to get a goal assist @1.70 pb

Richmond stats show lynch and dusty arent so reliable at goal assists.
(also both danger and dusty ave over 5.2 inside50's/game if you like them for O4.5 inside 50's. @~1.60ish)
&
1u bolton 2g+ @7 lads - convinced myself this is value if rich get on top of geelong and bolton plays fwd again.
0.5u more added to bolton ags @1.85 lads

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back