Rumour Dan Andrews flying to the Grand final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Agree that the Opposition is lame. They need to find someone palatable to the masses and quickly. There is no one in the current Parliament who matches that bill. Maybe Georgie Crozier but she's in the wrong house. I thought for a while that Sally Capp might be a good candidate but I'm not sure which way she leans

They have that Kroger feud thing going on for a long time which has messed them up. Trying to become the Republican party is not going to get them elected here. But they do have some time.

I lived up Sth Yarra end as early last year, and my housemate and I used to count every month the new shops for lease when we'd walk down chapel on the weekends. I think at one stage their were 17 vacant shops before entering the Prahran postcode.

And wha? Coffee is the money printer for cafe's. 80%-odd margin. If you are a cafe known for your coffee, covid has been gold. free labor, nobody taking up space/time eating food cooked by expensive chefs, simple business plan pumping out high-volume, high-margin product.

this

go to business for sale websites and look up coffee shops. the one state they all quote is how many kilos of coffee they sell a week - not how many muffins or wraps

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah sure mate.

Literally works over 100 days in a row during a pandemic and will disappear for a few days for a meaningless game of football.

If you listened to his press conference on Sunday he clearly specified that restrictions would be in place for the GF and fans would need to not go to mates places to watch the game - would be massively hypocritical for him to break his own lockdown rules.

He would know that this would be political suicide -and he is smarter than that.

Furthermore - he is an Essendon supporter anyway, why would he want to go for this game?
He's an essendon supporter? Holy s**t that explains so much.

And wha? Coffee is the money printer for cafe's. 80%-odd margin. If you are a cafe known for your coffee, covid has been gold. free labor, nobody taking up space/time eating food cooked by expensive chefs, simple business plan pumping out high-volume, high-margin product.
If coffee is the money maker tell me why cafes such as St Ali have had to reinvent themselves and become grocers? Coffee is the icing on the cake if the cafe is full and selling over priced breakfast brunch and lunch

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
If coffee is the money maker tell me why cafes such as St Ali have had to reinvent themselves and become grocers? Coffee is the icing on the cake if the cafe is full and selling over priced breakfast brunch and lunch
probably to replace the revenue from the food. not saying all cafes are fine, but I've heard straight from many a horses mouths (cafe owners) that covid has been great for them business-wise.

im sure there are many that aren't as lucky.

prob not the thread for it though.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
probably to replace the revenue from the food. not saying all cafes are fine, but I've heard straight from many a horses mouths (cafe owners) that covid has been great for them business-wise.

I heard Dan Andrews is going to put a 25% tax on coffee in Victoria to fund a secret PLA army based in Moe.

Maybe, I buy coffee at a small cafe in South Melbourne every morning and I know how much the guy is struggling, mostly because offices are empty with people working from home. Pellegrino's solution to Covid-19 Stage 4 lock down was not to open.

Unless the cafe owns its premises - and few do - they have to sell a bucket load of coffees just to pay the rent.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Who knows with Dan and this government what will happen. Incompetence is the one factor we know is a given.

Looks like 243 people who underwent hotel quarantine in Victoria have been urged to get tested for HIV and other viruses after a testing stuff up resulted in possible cross-contamination.

"Blood glucose level testing devices intended for use by one person were used across multiple residents," Safer Care Victoria said in a statement.

FMD

Maybe, I buy coffee at a small cafe in South Melbourne every morning and I know how much the guy is struggling, mostly because offices are empty with people working from home. Pellegrino's solution to Covid-19 Stage 4 lock down was not to open.

Unless the cafe owns its premises - and few do - they have to sell a bucket load of coffees just to pay the rent.

worker based cafes are ****ed with WHF. not uncommon for peeps to have a couple of coffee trips a day downstairs.

post lockdown, they are still ****ed, esp in the cbd. as you said, they need to sell a bucket load of coffee, and thats exactly what these places did (but wont be any more)

places around shops, parks, suburbs, will be a different matter

if you own a cafe in an industrial estate or the cbd on the other hand...

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
They obviously aren't judging it on the handling of the Pandemic, but rather who was ideologically more similar to themselves.

They are judging it on the handling.

He handled it worse than any other state leader and then lied his arse off about it for months.

He's got a bit of competition from another state but ends up romping it in with his death count.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Depends on cafe locations, some cafes are doing very well. However any cafe located in an area which has a high concentration of international students is going to be struggling. South Melbourne has that, plus they had high international student traffic going to the market.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Depends on cafe locations, some cafes are doing very well. However any cafe located in an area which has a high concentration of international students is going to be struggling. South Melbourne has that, plus they had high international student traffic going to the market.

I don't think it's breaking news that businesses all over the world are struggling though is it?

Even Sweden are now starting to lock down aren't they?

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't think it's breaking news that businesses all over the world are struggling though is it?

Even Sweden are now starting to lock down aren't they?

Many businesses are struggling big time, some businesses are unaffected, some businesses are busier than they have ever been. Like any change.

Yes Sweden have abandoned ship on their previous plan as it didn't work.

fu** that would look bad. No way he does it. Given he's an Essendon supporter, I could see why he'd be desperate to see some finals action though
Hahaha yes, yes.

Richmond by plenty.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I heard Dan Andrews went to the grand final and gave corona to all the grand finalists and they had to close the grand final
1603168951556.png

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just heard that Dan Andrews is flying to the grand final on a private plane and will not be in quarantine.

How too faced is that. Whilst us all are in lockdown.

Have just heard about this too.......and supposedly his wife and kids are already up there.

If this is correct, the whole of melbourne should just do whatever the hell they want.

I haven't seen any of my family for months.....they are all in regional victoria.:anguished:

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Have just heard about this too.......and supposedly his wife and kids are already up there.

If this is correct, the whole of melbourne should just do whatever the hell they want.

I haven't seen any of my family for months.....they are all in regional victoria.:anguished:
Didn't he say he's watching it at home with his wife and kids?

Will Premier Daniel Andrews be at the AFL Grand Final in Brisbane? Mr Andrews said he's not going anywhere for the Grand Final. He said he would watch the match from his home with his wife and three children.10 hours ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back