Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png

Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Plays half forward, gives more midfield time to Butters and Rozee.

In theory
They have Woodcock and Farrell though.

Yes Fantasia is better. But the hassle of a deal with Essendon and his durability. Not worth it.

I dont mind Farrell. If delisted would not be adverse to grabbing him.

I think he struggles with Ebert and Rozee in the forward line to get the ball. Ebert retired, push Rozee up tge line.

But he has one of the best kicking actions in the league.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
If Fantasia wants to go to Port as reported and Dodo won't work out a deal that fits (seeing as Port don't have any first rounders this year and Dodo appears to have limited comprehension abilities) do we take him for nothing in the PSD at #1 as we are permitted to do should he nominate, or does this brutal show of red-wedding style treachery offend the honour of two of the AFL's most loved clubs and open us up to the possibility of further, violent, reprisals?

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
If Fantasia wants to go to Port as reported and Dodo won't work out a deal that fits (seeing as Port don't have any first rounders this year and Dodo appears to have limited comprehension abilities) do we take him for nothing in the PSD at #1 as we are permitted to do should he nominate, or does this brutal show of red-wedding style treachery offend the honour of two of the AFL's most loved clubs and open us up to the possibility of further, violent, reprisals?
He's contracted to Essendon for 2021. He can't nominate for the PSD.

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He's contracted to Essendon for 2021. He can't nominate for the PSD.
Yep I forgot that, fair point. Let him go to Port. I still don't think people would have an issue with the above if he was OOC however.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Jesus, you read this thread and you'd think Dodoro was Jason Voorhees.
When you think about it..

This mentality that has crept into most of the trading discussions on all of bigfooty of “Player x wants out so his current club should just bend over and take it” has just become a bit ridiculous really..

dodoro is a moron and has ****ed up a couple of times, especially in not trading daniher last year, but ultimately he’s only trying to get as much for his club, for each player that leaves, as he can..

isnt that really his job?.. if he simply bent over and let these players leave for * all then he’d deserve to be dragged over the coals for that..

OF is a contracted player that wants out of the bombers early.. really, why should the club not try and get the very best deal they can?.. we’d all expect Reidy to do so if it was one of our players..

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

This mentality that has crept into most of the trading discussions on all of bigfooty of “Player x wants out so his current club should just bend over and take it” has just become a bit ridiculous really..

dodoro is a moron and has f’ed up a couple of times, especially in not trading daniher last year, but ultimately he’s only trying to get as much for his club, for each player that leaves, as he can..

isnt that really his job?.. if he simply bent over and let these players leave for fu** all then he’d deserve to be dragged over the coals for that..

OF is a contracted player that wants out of the bombers early.. really, why should the club not try and get the very best deal they can?.. we’d all expect Reidy to do so if it was one of our players..

Wanting to get maximum value at the trade table is good.

The issue with Dodoro is he stubbornly overvalues his own players and undervalues players from other clubs which it comes to assessing value.

So what ends up happening is that Essendon get much fewer trades over the line (players in OR out) than other clubs and ends up in a worse position because of it.

Dodoro isn't interested in any trade that could be considered a win/win. He won't accept just Essendon getting a win, he needs his counterparts to lose as well and leaves his club in a worse position because of it.

Last edited:

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

dodoro is a moron and has f’ed up a couple of times, especially in not trading daniher last year, but ultimately he’s only trying to get as much for his club, for each player that leaves, as he can..

isnt that really his job?.. if he simply bent over and let these players leave for fu** all then he’d deserve to be dragged over the coals for that..

It is his job but he doesn't understand that any good negotiation needs both parties to get something. He incessantly tries to over-* the other party to the point where if it was a business negotiation people would ask to deal with someone else or walk away.

His base negotiation position is to anchor the negotiation in so much ridiculousness so the amount of work required to get it back to a level playing field is too hard so time constraints and the other parties desire to land the player means they give slightly more than they would. Rinse and repeat enough times and he's hoping to come out on top, but he isnt.

One day he will really piss off the AFLPA and someone will threaten a legal challenge, so the league will have a quiet word with Essendon and his talents will be 're-deployed'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Ports missing piece

Wasnt Port pissed last year when he did a backflip?

Didnt Port declare two months ago that this ship has sailed

How is he a need?

I guess maybe we will see Rozee push into the midfield and lets see hiw giid this kid is...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Hang on Chris Davies assured everyone they weren't and never will be interested in Fantasia, lying again?
He also kept a straight face talking about Watts retirement and not letting on about him crashing into a car days earlier.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
He also kept a straight face talking about Watts retirement and not letting on about him crashing into a car days earlier.

Can you imagine the media if this was us?

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thank god he chose Port, he is the player to help them. For us in the rebuilding stage, he would be awful even if he get fit. Seems like a Menzel with I but more talent but more injuries.
Never thought he’d pick us and I’m over the moon that he hasn’t.

Back