Shield Sheffield Shield Round 2: South Australia vs Tasmania, Karen Rolton Oval, 19-22 Oct, 11 AM AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perty4

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2002
No where you'd find
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's got the action for it, can see how he would swing it with his runup. Not to mention his height.

Why would u send a nightwatchman in not to face a ball? Or is Ellis the new number 4?

hotdish

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
3-89 at lunch.

Great session for Tas.

I hope Wakim kicks on for a big score - people calling for him to be dropped after 1 game. Had a few 50s at back end of last season and looks much better than Doran.

Bontempele

Debutant
Sep 22, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pitch has flattened out. Real opportunity for Tasmania to get a lead of 200 if they want it. Bat pretty deep with Andrews in the side now aswell

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'll go even harder:

Back to grade cricket mate.

Absolutely.

His economy rate in shield cricket is now above 4 an over.

He's not good enough for Shield cricket atm, conceding 100+ in every innings.

Given how poor the current generation of Aussie batsman are against good spin bowling, it's a fair indication of how bad he is at the moment to be averaging 50+ at over 4 an over.

I'm very happy to see our batsmen claw us back from 3-15 (albeit with one of those wickets being the nightwatchman).

Our batting strength isn't great, so I will definitely take days like this. :)

hotdish

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
I can see Tassie easily batting to Tea here and Webster hammering a quickfire 70-80 (I'm probably just gonna post this in every Tas game, I love him batting at 7 and given the green light to swing).

For SA fans - how does Andrews look with the bat? Is he a face a lot of balls and accumulate kind of guy, or has some attacking shots in his arsenal?

Back