EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craigieburn came over to edfl from the rdfl in 2000 so they might entertain going back but I doubt it .As for the jags they just need to focus on building two competitive sides and some decent numbers it will be a tough assignment but I hope they do it
Maybe it’s time some clubs merged.

The EDFL has poached a few of the RDFNL clubs, its been mentioned on the RDFNL page, but would a club like craigieburn and possibly jacana be suited to the RDFNL where there is no relegation and it would stop the yo-yo cycle of craigieburn.

Would it then create a better culture thats been spoken about on here by retaining players.

Yes they would be a very good club in that league and very competetive, but that just makes everyone else around them try to get better.

what do people think?

On SM-T355Y using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe the point of difference that Craigieburn was offering doesn't exist anymore.
The clubs that initially departed the RDFL chose to go to a league further away from Sunbury/Craigieburn/ Melbourne. So those who may not want to travel that lived within the Sunbury area could have chosen Craigieburn. Combine the travel factor with a much larger salary cap and loyalty is put last. Now that the Sunbury clubs, except Lions, have all moved to the EDFL the travel and $$$ argument is semi irrelevant.
So what was once a possible fruitful recruiting area for Craigieburn is now non existent. Factor in the ethnic imbalance and its nearly a no brainer that Craigieburn re-consider the RDFL.

Maybe the point of difference that Craigieburn was offering doesn't exist anymore.
The clubs that initially departed the RDFL chose to go to a league further away from Sunbury/Craigieburn/ Melbourne. So those who may not want to travel that lived within the Sunbury area could have chosen Craigieburn. Combine the travel factor with a much larger salary cap and loyalty is put last. Now that the Sunbury clubs, except Lions, have all moved to the EDFL the travel and $$$ argument is semi irrelevant.
So what was once a possible fruitful recruiting area for Craigieburn is now non existent. Factor in the ethnic imbalance and its nearly a no brainer that Craigieburn re-consider the RDFL.
Orbit interesting take on crazburn with clubs leaving the rdfl is there a prblom there

A lroblem at crazyburn pr the RDFNL?

If its the league, well yes, major issues.

The league decided a nu ber of yesrs ago, to allow AFL GOLDFIELDS to administer and run the comp, i stead of the way the edfl is run.

The problem being, was that go,dfields wanted all theor comps (ballarat, marybough/castlemaine, rdfnl) to be run the same so there was no overlapping and it all ran smooth.

In therory it sounded good, but created dramas, and with RDFNL clubs feeling like the 3rd child, too often there was no directjon on where the league was going, resulting in clubs wanting stability and direction.

Which meant the new edfl clhbs from the RDFNL (east sunbury, sunbury roos, rupo) were happy with what the edfl were doing. Not to mention we lost kilmore and broadford to other leagues.

And i wouldn't be surprised if Diggers Rest is looking as well, and not to mention a few of our other western sided clubs at WRFL.

I could be a fair bit off, bit thats what im beimg told from a few people "in the know"

RDFNL went backwards while those clubs wanted to go forwards.

But craigieburn would be a good fit, theyd be very competitive and would stop the yo yo of results amd crwate a point of difference to a different standard of comp.

Im not sure what the RDFNL standard is like compared to edfl, i guess rupo and the kangaroos will, show us, being the 2 new teams, and 2 former finals teams in the RDFNL .
Orbit interesting take on crazburn with clubs leaving the rdfl is there a prblom there

A lroblem at crazyburn pr the RDFNL?

If its the league, well yes, major issues.

The league decided a nu ber of yesrs ago, to allow AFL GOLDFIELDS to administer and run the comp, i stead of the way the edfl is run.

The problem being, was that go,dfields wanted all theor comps (ballarat, marybough/castlemaine, rdfnl) to be run the same so there was no overlapping and it all ran smooth.

In therory it sounded good, but created dramas, and with RDFNL clubs feeling like the 3rd child, too often there was no directjon on where the league was going, resulting in clubs wanting stability and direction.

Which meant the new edfl clhbs from the RDFNL (east sunbury, sunbury roos, rupo) were happy with what the edfl were doing. Not to mention we lost kilmore and broadford to other leagues.

And i wouldn't be surprised if Diggers Rest is looking as well, and not to mention a few of our other western sided clubs at WRFL.

I could be a fair bit off, bit thats what im beimg told from a few people "in the know"

RDFNL went backwards while those clubs wanted to go forwards.

But craigieburn would be a good fit, theyd be very competitive and would stop the yo yo of results amd crwate a point of difference to a different standard of comp.

Im not sure what the RDFNL standard is like compared to edfl, i guess rupo and the kangaroos will, show us, being the 2 new teams, and 2 former finals teams in the RDFNL .

Thanks great reply fills in a lot of blanks

I'm not sure what the RDFNL standard is like compared to edfl, i guess rupo and the kangaroos will, show us, being the 2 new teams, and 2 former finals teams in the RDFNL .

The league never decided to allow Goldfields control, there was some dodgy occurences around 2008/2009 and the right to self administer was taken away by AFL Vic I'm pretty sure.

Moving forward yes there has been movement, but if anything this Covid period has allowed for a deep breath, a reset and the RDFL will now fall back into overlooking day to day operations from within, which can only be a good thing IMO.

Standard wise Div.2 should see Rupo slot in around 4,5,6 in the pecking order, whereas like Sunbury Kangaroos did (with a lesser calibre list) they woulda made a bigger mockery of Div.3 than the Kangaroos did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Dan has taken the shackles off, will clubs return early for pre season? Might be some blokes really out of shape having to have sat idle for a whole year.

Now Dan has taken the shackles off, will clubs return early for pre season? Might be some blokes really out of shape having to have sat idle for a whole year.
no contact sport yet and numbers not confirmed for any training. unlikely to train till after xmas is what l am led to believe.

Outdoor activities are subject to numbers of 10 no reason you can’t have groups of 10 training with no contact although that would be a hassle

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Contact sports can’t train. So if you do meet some mates at a park my suggestion is don’t wear any club gear. Also I wouldn’t use your clubs ground as that might draw attention.

North Heidelberg FC - 1st Division Northern Football League
Due to a cancellation from an opposing club the North Heidelberg Football Club competing in the top division of the Northern Football League is seeking a practice match for Saturday March 20 for all Mens – Senior/Development & U/19s teams.

The games would be required to be played AWAY due to our ground being unavailable with cricket finals.

Contact details
John McDonald 0414 262 832

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back