PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh jesus christ the new store (at least the web version) is somehow even worse. So much white space and scrolling. How do companies continue to fu** up web store layouts? There are literally hundreds of thousands of good examples. fu** me.
It's a fair bit weird. It seems like almost a beta launch.

There's no screenshots or trailers at the moment, which I'm not sure I get. And the wishlist is now gone too.

Even the PS5 stuff is lacking things that I know for a fact should be there, I'm assuming maybe there'll be another update around PS5 launch that adds in more stuff. But it's very weird at the moment.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Get angery!
I will!

It's just bizarre to me. Like, look at the Nintendo eShop. A complete and utter train wreck. But then you look at the alternatives people have created themselves like Deku Deals and they are so far ahead it's not funny. Why is this so difficult?

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I will!

It's just bizarre to me. Like, look at the Nintendo eShop. A complete and utter train wreck. But then you look at the alternatives people have created themselves like Deku Deals and they are so far ahead it's not funny. Why is this so difficult?

Thank Christ for Deku Deals, whoever runs that should win a nobel prize!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Compared to the nightmares before on the web browser and PS3/Vita, it's not bad. But gee is it really hard to integrate a wishlist onto it?

Can anybody figure out how to 'buy' the PS+ games on the new web store? I can't even seem to find them let alone buy them.
Yeah, it's very weird.

If you go to the "Latest" tab on the Store, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a PS+ tile. Select that, go about halfway down the page where it's still advertising last months games, click "Get The Games", which takes you to another page where you then click "Download Now" which takes you to the game page so you can add them to your library.

The good thing now, is that you don't have to add to cart and purchase, they just get added instantly to your library now.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Yeah, it's very weird.

If you go to the "Latest" tab on the Store, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a PS+ tile. Select that, go about halfway down the page where it's still advertising last months games, click "Get The Games", which takes you to another page where you then click "Download Now" which takes you to the game page so you can add them to your library.

The good thing now, is that you don't have to add to cart and purchase, they just get added instantly to your library now.
Right.

:$

Can anybody figure out how to 'buy' the PS+ games on the new web store? I can't even seem to find them let alone buy them.
Just click subscriptions up the top and the games are there.

Edit: That's the same for all subs. All EA Play stuff is there further down the page and I imagine eventually the Plus Collection will also be there.

There's a heap of weird decisions that have been made, but it looks like they're updating things as they go.

As last week, pages with games on them never showed pricings, now they do.

The one thing I hate more than anything, is that there's no screenshots or trailers on the store pages themselves yet. I know it's not that hard to go look that stuff up, but I know it's there on the store metadata (as I've done this stuff myself - you literally HAVE to have screenshots and at least 1 video to get approved) so I'm not sure why it's not showing up.

They've also removed user ratings, which, unlike many other forms of user ratings, I found quite reliable to a fair extent.

I feel like the big issue still is that everything is page after page after page. Make everything more in-line, if I'm on a page with multiple titles and I click one game, bring up an in-browser pop up that I can view all the things I would on it's own unique page. Which means if I want to go back to the multiple titles again I just click out or scroll off to keep things moving faster. Hell, even just a mouse hover that shows a little more info would be handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just had my ps4 hacker. Ten games all purchased on it within ten mins. No one at home, pa4 was turned off...
Don't have two step identification? Content support they might play the card blah blah can;t refund digital content but that's all crap.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche

I thought I did but I mustn’t have put it on.

Don't have two step identification? Content support they might play the card blah blah can;t refund digital content but that's all crap.
Doesn’t make sense though why they’d buy the games and add it to my account. They don’t get to use it at all....

There was literally no one at home and PlayStation was off. App wasn’t open either.

May 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
So random question. Just set up the household with the NBN. Everything working fine so started connecting all my devices.
Set up the TV, my phone, Laptop, Switch and onto the PS4.
I found the network and connected fine, did a test and had better speeds (I was surprised haha) then went to just check a few things and I noticed it had lost the connection (within 5 minutes). Try to reconnect and can't find it..... It's gone? Can't find the network. Still all happy on other devices and then set up the PS5 and that's happy too, still connected and all good. Anyone have any idea why? I tried to pair it with the WPS button but it still couldn't work?

So random question. Just set up the household with the NBN. Everything working fine so started connecting all my devices.
Set up the TV, my phone, Laptop, Switch and onto the PS4.
I found the network and connected fine, did a test and had better speeds (I was surprised haha) then went to just check a few things and I noticed it had lost the connection (within 5 minutes). Try to reconnect and can't find it..... It's gone? Can't find the network. Still all happy on other devices and then set up the PS5 and that's happy too, still connected and all good. Anyone have any idea why? I tried to pair it with the WPS button but it still couldn't work?
Base PS4? From memory the base PS5 can't do 5g wireless. I know you said it connected originally but maybe something to do with that?

My playstation 4 isn't recognising any discs keep getting unrecognised disc error. Is there a solution to this error or do I have to get it repaired?

Try the safe mode database rebuild (power hold for 5-7 secs when unit is off, until beep & navigating via wired controller) this one worked for me before the drive shat itself further and auto ejected willy nilly as Star Ocean IAF was a s**t game that broke it and I don't blame it for cracking the sads.....

Provided nothing foreign entered the drive or disc is scuffed or what have you, it's at least from my investigations back when, mostly software linked to a corruption somewhere. Really depends on if your drive has failed where you software refresh and it's still bugged, you've got no recourse but to junk the drive and manual repair with new drive. Or do a me, digital stuff and snaffle a PS5 luckily and then piss the PS4 off, but yeah first I'd be rebuilding database or reinitialising to fix for any software bug/glitch/shitty gremlin first.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Try the safe mode database rebuild (power hold for 5-7 secs when unit is off, until beep & navigating via wired controller) this one worked for me before the drive shat itself further and auto ejected willy nilly as Star Ocean IAF was a sh*t game that broke it and I don't blame it for cracking the sads.....

Provided nothing foreign entered the drive or disc is scuffed or what have you, it's at least from my investigations back when, mostly software linked to a corruption somewhere. Really depends on if your drive has failed where you software refresh and it's still bugged, you've got no recourse but to junk the drive and manual repair with new drive. Or do a me, digital stuff and snaffle a PS5 luckily and then piss the PS4 off, but yeah first I'd be rebuilding database or reinitialising to fix for any software bug/glitch/shitty gremlin first.

I tried the database rebuild and it worked! Discs are now reading!
Thank-you

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Bit of a bump on the ps4 thread…

I plugged mine in today for the first time in months. Couldn’t get either controller to charge.

It should work with any usb to micro usb, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back