Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png

Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Perhaps. But their narrative is changing by the day. They might be make keen on picks to build a list from the ground up again. Not sure if Bonner/Garner types are better alternatives to picks .

We are talking about Essendon. They have traded in hard over the past few years and feel they are almost to n the window. They won’t be looking to build the list from ground up - they will be expecting finals next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
so why did the mail go from Adelaide '100%' to Port 100% so quickly?

was the first one all made up rubbish?

Who said he was coming to us? There seems to have been some games played by us and Power this year with media.
Roo leaks that Dixon has had strong approaches from Vic clubs , later that day Tredea reveals Port are up to their eye balls in Crouch
Crouch gets caught with Coke - suddenly Watts story breaks re car accident ( next day from memory)
Adelaide prematurely announce Orazio is coming home but not confirming where which confirmed Port were a potential option - Davies has a small crack at us when he talks to the media about it

Feels like both clubs are far more combative with the media this year than previous. Port have really tried to stay below the radar and project only positive stories of the closeness and fun they are having. ( drums, embracing the pressure of top spot). We seem to be chipping them from the sidelines. Will be fun when we bid on Jones and wipe out the rest of their draft capital

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Port have recent history of trading out players or they could use a 2021 pick.
How do you mean "use a 2021 pick"?

They can't "use" 2021 picks as carry over points, until their 2020 picks have been exhausted. They could, however, live trade their 2021 picks to obtain points in the 2020 draft. I assume your intention is the latter?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
How do you mean "use a 2021 pick"?

They can't "use" 2021 picks as carry over points, until their 2020 picks have been exhausted. They could, however, live trade their 2021 picks to obtain points in the 2020 draft. I assume your intention is the latter?

Kirky's post is, "How would Port get him? They won’t have any picks to get him and satisfy Essendon.

They are going to have to use their picks to secure Jones (NGA) given they don’t own a first rounder and their first pick is at 26."

As I posted very simply, Port can use a 2021 pick to trade for Fantasia. How do you mean "they can't"? You do realise that clubs have been able to trade future picks for the last couple of years.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Kirky's post is, "How would Port get him? They won’t have any picks to get him and satisfy Essendon.

They are going to have to use their picks to secure Jones (NGA) given they don’t own a first rounder and their first pick is at 26."

As I posted very simply, Port can use a 2021 pick to trade for Fantasia. How do you mean "they can't"? You do realise that clubs have been able to trade future picks for the last couple of years.
Kirky's post also contains the second line - "They are going to have to use their picks to secure Jones (NGA) given they don’t own a first rounder and their first pick is at 26." I was reading your reply in that context, not just the line you quoted.

As things currently stand, Port don't have enough picks/points to match a bid on Jones and trade for Fantasia. You are quite correct, however, that they could use 2021 picks to trade for Fantasia, and 2020 points to match a bid on Jones. Having said that, trading out of the 2021 draft (reputedly one of the best in several years), for Fantasia, does not strike me as being a very good investment!

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Kirky's post also contains the second line - "They are going to have to use their picks to secure Jones (NGA) given they don’t own a first rounder and their first pick is at 26." I was reading your reply in that context, not just the line you quoted.

As things currently stand, Port don't have enough picks/points to match a bid on Jones and trade for Fantasia. You are quite correct, however, that they could use 2021 picks to trade for Fantasia, and 2020 points to match a bid on Jones. Having said that, trading out of the 2021 draft (reputedly one of the best in several years), for Fantasia, does not strike me as being a very good investment!

It can be a 2021 second or third round pick. Or maybe a player exchange. PA are good at that. Essendon will be glad to get OF off their books.

Stan16

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's happening with Fantasia? Why hasn't he come out and said he's leaving?

Cameron told GWS even though Geelong are playing in the GF, so that doesn't mean he's chosen Port.

I think Essendon are trying very hard to keep him and delaying his decision.

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Cameron told GWS even though Geelong are playing in the GF, so that doesn't mean he's chosen Port.

It's not even trade period yet, players announcing where they want to be traded to isn't the usual.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Because he isn't leaving unless a trade is worked out?

Free agency and normal trades are different beasts.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Because he isn't leaving unless a trade is worked out?

Free agency and normal trades are different beasts.
He's out of contract, so GWS have no way of forcing him to remain.

Cameron has said that he wants to go to Geelong, via RFA. GWS have said that they will match any offer made by Geelong. We're assuming that Geelong will choose to trade, or that Cameron will insist on leaving (even if it's not to Geelong).

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's out of contract, so GWS have no way of forcing him to remain.

Cameron has said that he wants to go to Geelong, via RFA. GWS have said that they will match any offer made by Geelong. We're assuming that Geelong will choose to trade, or that Cameron will insist on leaving (even if it's not to Geelong).

yes and?

It is still a VASTLY different situation to Orazio.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Kirky's second line is also wrong. They can trade out 2020 picks and just go into deficit for Jones next year. Would be stupid given the nature of each draft. Either way, Kirky's post was wrong on both levels.

Stan16

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wouldn't believe Channel 9.. They reported that Brad Crouch will be at Port next year. Grundy received an offer from the Crows (fake news confirmed by Grundy) and the list goes on.

It's always negative news towards the Crows when Tredrea is working at the news station.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I wouldn't believe Channel 9.. They reported that Brad Crouch will be at Port next year. Grundy received an offer from the Crows (fake news confirmed by Grundy) and the list goes on.

It's always negative news towards the Crows when Tredrea is working at the news station.
It's not Tredders, it goes higher than him.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Kirky's second line is also wrong. They can trade out 2020 picks and just go into deficit for Jones next year. Would be stupid given the nature of each draft. Either way, Kirky's post was wrong on both levels.
They'll trade out players to give them more points, they've got form.

Stan16

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not Tredders, it goes higher than him.

The legitimacy of their breaking news has been terrible.

Why would Fantasia nominate a club, Essendon won't care where he goes.. they want the highest possible pick.

The story will be Fantasia wants to return to Adelaide, who can get the deal done.

Back