Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cain lied in the press release and made the inference that is was because he had a conflict of interest surrounding his sons that he was leaving.
When really it was their professional relationship that deteriorated and Cain clearly was stepping on his/list managements toes.

But there is a conflict of interest - there always was (so the reason is correct but why didnt it matter all along is the real question). SOS had to step out of list meetings when discussing their sons - that isnt how it should have to work.

He said a lot of things.

How do we know that maybe some other duties weren't appended to Betts' role?

So if the whole list management team agreed on a strategy, Betts salary and tenure, why would he say one individual then went rogue and offered more?

This after a 17 year servant(suggesting it was Simmo), was told, (using creative license) we can offer you only X amount given your age and likely output.

Most of us knew at the time this was more about membership rather than on field potential output.

But there is a conflict of interest - there always was (so the reason is correct but why didnt it matter all along is the real question). SOS had to step out of list meetings when discussing their sons - that isnt how it should have to work.
Exactly. SOS steps out of the room, comes back and is told "Hey mate we're delisting Ben and trading Jack, sign off here pls". Was never going to work.

Think people are overreacting to any damage this interview is done. Players wont turn us away because of this interview, it won't affect game day as this story will be long forgotten.
Agree, love SOS and he has the right to air his views.. he's no longer an employee of the club and spent 20+ years involved within. But current players, prospective players are dealing with the current team and don't seem to have any issues in staying or coming. Williams decision did not involve SOS, neither did Saad's... they're happy with what they've seen with what is there at present, not what was!! Essendon was a great side 2000 (hasn't retained Saad), and GWS was a grand finalist last year.

We just keep hiring then firing.

Seems to have nothing to do with the way we run our club but all to do with those bad people that just keep popping up in major roles. :)
Maybe it comes down to a board issue and a lack of strong/competent leadership. Cain is clearly great at the off field stuff, but if he's willing to lie to the members and staff and the board like he has then his position becomes untenable.

So there wasn't once he stepped out of the room? Then in a professional environment there shouldn't have been an issue?

Maybe it comes down to a board issue and a lack of strong/competent leadership. Cain is clearly great at the off field stuff, but if he's willing to lie to the members and staff and the board like he has then his position becomes untenable.

Just has to say 'i dont remember' - works for other leaders

We've entered the realm of semantics now.

I expressed what I thought and later said and if it needs to be explained again - The interview was and the contents of, were orchestrated.

In your opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends if you beleive the rumours he wanted out.....

Is that a dummy spit or someone has placed an attractive deal from another club for him to consider.

The club threw Ben and JSOS under the bus, it was the clubs choice to sacrifice them to cover up the breakdown in SOS and Liddle's relationship.

The blame doesn't lie with the kids.

So there wasn't once he stepped out of the room? Then in a professional environment there shouldn't have been an issue?

In all honesty i dont really care....i just love the fanboys who back SOS, the champion, one of the players who knowingly got paid under the table that set the club back 20 years...... 🤣 :moneybag:🤑

Think people are overreacting to any damage this interview is done. Players wont turn us away because of this interview, it won't affect game day as this story will be long forgotten.
Agreed, the interview has no bearing on our ability to attract players.

Is that a dummy spit or someone has placed an attractive deal from another club for him to consider.

The club threw Ben and JSOS under the bus, it was the clubs choice to sacrifice them to cover up the breakdown in SOS and Liddle's relationship.

The blame doesn't lie with the kids.

You usually throw players who wont be part of your next premiership under the bus, no biggun. Ones gone and the other wont be far behind

I hate the idea of 'his/her/their truth'. I hate it.

There is 'the' truth, or there is a story. We're being told a story, by both sides; smearing 'the' truth with a story makes it less than 'the' truth.

Would that the phrase and the idea that truth is subjective f’ed right off.

I dislike it also, but people understand what this means, in context.

There are though many degrees of the truth and people will always tell you the 'truth' that suits their situation and leave out other truths that don't.

I just knew that, somewhere and somehow, you'd have posted this in this thread on this subject.

We're all rehashing old stuff now, but sometimes...sometimes....one has to look at the source of problems that just keep coming about.

Poor leadership is poor leadership and it manifests in ways where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
How on earth was this situation allowed to fester and then come to this conclusion? Finding the answer isn't too hard.

Liddle had his say at the time and his fans spent a year saying it was all about SOS being difficult to work with. SOS has finally got a chance to correct the ledger as he says it. Even then he couched his language and didn't talk about his relationship with Liddle or others.

What was SOS supposed to learn from it? That he should walk away, and allow the rumours that smeared his character to stand forever?
Considering Jack is on our playing list this is selfish, immature and unprofessional of SOS...unless he knows Jack’s future isn’t at the club...if it isn’t the latter his administration reputation is tarnished.

You usually throw players who wont be part of your next premiership under the bus, no biggun. Ones gone and the other wont be far behind

No you don't, that is bad culture, trade them sure, have a one on one with them sure. You don't publicly make them scapegoats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back