List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

Kyle Hartigan come on down

Not the sexiest signing, soon to be 29 and no star. However I can understand it with Frawley leaving and Sicily injured (albeit not a true KPD) we were pretty short on for KPDs.

Least gives us some options for a couple of years.

Another 180cm midfielder with a small build is the exact opposite of what we need. He’s an absolute gun, for sure, but we need size and physicality, and he’s smaller than JOM, Tom and....pretty much every one else on our list aside from Dylan Moore!
Completely disagree. He's a speedy mid who uses it well. He's the opposite of what we have. We don't need a contested ball winner, that's what JOM and Mitchell are we need someone that can actually use it well and break away in midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely disagree. He's a speedy mid who uses it well. He's the opposite of what we have. We don't need a contested ball winner, that's what JOM and Mitchell are we need someone that can actually use it well and break away in midfield.
Nailed it. He's the class we need. Great user and decision maker and wins his own footy. He's the best player on their list.

Hartigan 3 years to Hawthorn reported on AFL. What the actual f ark are our recruiters thinking, sack the useless tools now. SMH.
How about having a bit of faith in the club. They've been doing this a long time and got a bloody good track record at it.

I was just looking at an article on FOX Footy and it said that clubs only have to match the average annual salary of an entire free agency contract, not the first year.

This surprised me, I thought that massively front loading was one of the key tactics of prying people out of clubs under free agency.

Massively front loading is only really a play for if you want to put them into the Pre-Season Draft like Jack Martin

I was just looking at an article on FOX Footy and it said that clubs only have to match the average annual salary of an entire free agency contract, not the first year.

This surprised me, I thought that massively front loading was one of the key tactics of prying people out of clubs under free agency.
Front loading comes into it when you have plenty of cap space now but going forward you can only pay them a more normal salary. So four years of 400k plus 1.4 million in the first year doesn’t break your cap in the future but is still 3 million over 5 (600k) average.

if You don’t spend all your cap in the year before you can bring 5% from last year into this Year. You can do that for a couple of years so can pay up to 115% 105% of the cap in a single year (unless that changed) which helps you do those big front loaded deals.

Last edited:
Front loading comes into it when you have plenty of cap space now but going forward you can only pay them a more normal salary. So four years of 400k plus 1.4 million in the first year doesn’t break your cap in the future but is still 3 million over 5 (600k) average.

if You don’t spend all your cap in the year before you can bring 5% from last year into this Year. You can do that for a couple of years so can pay up to 115% of the cap in a single year (unless that changed) which helps you do those big front loaded deals.

I think it is capped at 105% in any given year.

Wait 12 months for Merrett . Would be great for us but would cost way too much this year for us.

Back ourselves in to get him after next season .
He would be going into potentially a better deeper midfield too .
Adding him and Sicily back in 2022 if we get decent development next season is a very nice prospect .

Thought he might be a cheap get, but good luck to him.
After speaking to someone I know it sounds like hes not too switched on, struggles a lot with structures. Doubt he makes it as an AFL footballer, even with his elite speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back