Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Carlton

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You would have got pick 9 (2019) and pick 3 (2020) just for Daniher if you guys traded him last year......but Dodo totally doing as Dodo does stuffed it up.

This you will get much less for Daniher and Saad together.
Nope, we will get more than that. Dodo gets more trades done than any other list manager. People forget that as he works for the bombers it doesmt matter what other clubs or supporters think his obligation is to get the best deal for Essendon which he does .As an Essendon supporter I like what he does and I hope he screws Carlton And Brisbane as much as he can. as SOS said on SEN today it is on Carlton to offer someone ,or picks that will get it done. If they keep threatening to walk recruits to the psd they will get a reputation and no one player will go there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, we will get more than that. Dodo gets more trades done than any other list manager. People forget that as he works for the bombers it doesmt matter what other clubs or supporters think his obligation is to get the best deal for Essendon which he does .As an Essendon supporter I like what he does and I hope he screws Carlton And Brisbane as much as he can. as SOS said on SEN today it is on Carlton to offer someone ,or picks that will get it done. If they keep threatening to walk recruits to the psd they will get a reputation and no one player will go there.
on a side note it’s an embarrassment how they treated SOS. A rabble of a club that through a club legend out on the street

Dodo is a spud and you won’t get anything near 9 + 3 for Daniher AND Saad, let alone more!

You’re going to be very disappointed if you believe otherwise. I’d put my account on it but it’s clear this is your alias.

Dodo is a spud and you won’t get anything near 9 + 3 for Daniher AND Saad, let alone more!

You’re going to be very disappointed if you believe otherwise. I’d put my account on it but it’s clear this is your alias.
Time will tell, I have trust in the great man

... as SOS said on SEN today it is on Carlton to offer someone ,or picks that will get it done.

I agree with SOS. What was it he said? Saad worth a late first rounder?

Agree it's ultimately up to Carlton to get it done, but that doesn't mean being bent over a barrel to overpay. If Essendon want pick 7, then it's up to them to figure out how to make up the difference. I think most managers will have their own idea on which party was being unreasonable if the trade falls over.

Agree it's ultimately up to Carlton to get it done, but that doesn't mean being bent over a barrel to overpay. If Essendon want pick 7, then it's up to them to figure out how to make up the difference. I think most managers will have their own idea on which party was being unreasonable if the trade falls over.
pretty much said that he has been top three in b and f last three years pick seven not unreasonable. Podcast on sen if you want to listen, great interview

This is a lie.
It’s all subjective mate. Not a lie just my opinion ,
like I think Carlton getting rid of Kane Simpson after 17 years and still playing good footy but keeping Eddie Betts who left for money and then come back is a bad decision , but that’s my opinion , doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong and it’s not a lie , in subjective.

Yeah if I heard correctly he said HB is not worth a top 10 pick.

It’s all subjective mate. Not a lie just my opinion ,
like I think Carlton getting rid of Kane Simpson after 17 years and still playing good footy but keeping Eddie Betts who left for money and then come back is a bad decision , but that’s my opinion , doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong and it’s not a lie , in subjective.

No, you presented something as fact. He gets considerably less deals done than any other list manager. Thats a fact that I am presenting to you, not an opinion.

pretty much said that he has been top three in b and f last three years pick seven not unreasonable. Podcast on sen if you want to listen, great interview

Total misrepresentation of what was said. He said that from Essendon's POV, he's absolutely one of their best players and they would want good compensation. Then went on to say this verbatim...

"Do you give a top 10 pick up for a half-back? I look at it as say probably not. I wouldn't think there are too many half-backs that have been traded to another club for a top 10 pick."

What Essendon want and what they will get for an OoC Saad remains to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon may well get their wish and receive Carlton's pick 7.

Dodo's matching of the Daniher FA offer may be the work of a genius. if Carlton is looking to split their first round pick for two lower firsts, the Lions may well be the club looking to move up the draft order.

Lions currently hold picks 16 and 17, which could be traded for Carlton's pick 7 (along with swapping of chump change).

Lions pick 7 goes to Essendon for the Daniher deal, and pick 16/17 goes to Essendon for the Saad deal.

edit: a huge thanks to Lore for keeping your Nominal Draft Pick spreadsheet up to date, it's a great resource I use all the time :thumbsu:

You think Saad and Daniher together are worth pick seven, what rock have you been living under
Wow even jumping on your own supporters now!! Never said that's all they would get for Daniher but can see one of their firsts included in the trade and can see that first round pick going with Saad for pick 7 if Carlton aren't able to split it with anyone.

Hibberd was clocked at 34.6km/h in round 12 against Collingwood his top speed this season. Saads top speed was 34.1km/h against Sydney round 2.

While im putting it out there, Touhy's top speed was 34.5km/h vs Collingwood, round 7. What did he go for in a trade?

Way to oversimplify the speed thing.

Majak Daw sits inside the Top-10 all-time for speed. Does he play as a rebounding defender, or do you think perhaps you're missing something there?

Way to oversimplify the speed thing.

Majak Daw sits inside the Top-10 all-time for speed. Does he play as a rebounding defender, or do you think perhaps you're missing something there?

Read on.

Name me 20 in the league currently if they are ‘dime a dozen’

Lmao, you do it man. It's your point you're trying to prove for some reason.

As an Essendon supporter I like what he does

As a Carlton supporter I also like what Dodo does.

I hope your club keeps him forever and continues to draft players that you don't need, overpay for B grade players and bargain hard for outgoing players leading to poor compensation.

Last edited:
You’re the one who said he’s dime a dozen when in reality he isn’t.

He is dime a dozen. I don't care about any others as we want Saad and Saad wants us and not Essendon.

Last edited:

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/3/e3f69c99aa08d86c7388c8c9c6549bbd86f45daf.gif

Pick 7 or fu** off. Let the traitor walk to the PSD and re-draft him.
This type of attitude is exactly why you’re club is in the position it is currently re Daniher as an example to redraft sadd would be one of the stupidest things a club has ever done as you would have to match the terms of a over priced contract and be stuck with a player that passionately doesn’t want to be there it actually wouldn’t surprise me if sadd sat out a season rather then play for Essendon again to do this would be so stupid you wouldn’t rule it out for dodoro

Back