Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone keeps cracking on about the dusty vs danger head to head

But I must say
Selwood vs Cotchin is the matchup of the game. I’ve always said I’d take Selwood over cotch as a player but if cotch wins the head to head and wills us to victory where will that sit him in the pantheon of greats this era?
Both play the same role
Spirited tough leaders who are fearless and set the example

Skipper vs skipper
Can not wait

Surprised no one else is mentioning it more

Everyone keeps cracking on about the dusty vs danger head to head

But I must say
Selwood vs Cotchin is the matchup of the game. I’ve always said I’d take Selwood over cotch as a player but if cotch wins the head to head and wills us to victory where will that sit him in the pantheon of greats this era?
Both play the same role
Spirited tough leaders who are fearless and set the example

Skipper vs skipper
Can not wait

Surprised no one else is mentioning it more

That's one match up that I can't wait for. 2 hard nuts going hammer and tong

I honestly believe this guy has a slight intellectual disability. He's actually not too dissimilar to the kid who runs that St Kilda Trade rumours and news page. Where 90% of the time you have to wonder whether it's an elaborate troll or they are quite simply a bit off.

Last edited:
Its 70km from the Gold coast to the Gabba, why would we want to sit in a bus for over an hour when we can stay 5 mins away

Probably not easy to keep away from crying kids/babies in the resort rooms either. I'm not sure how many rooms each players family are allocated.

However, given the game is a night game. Seems a bit of a strange decision. I would have thought leave the player in their comfortable environment and then bus them in. 1 hour bus ride is * all.

Sky News Weather chief meteorologist Tom Saunders said it was looking increasingly likely that the AFL decider on Saturday night in Brisbane would be hit by storms.

Even after another premiership in 2019, I will always think of our yellow clash as our Premiership Guernsey.
Yeah I’ll admit I felt a bit of blood go to it when we ran out it in last week.

Probably not easy to keep away from crying kids/babies in the resort rooms either. I'm not sure how many rooms each players family are allocated.

However, given the game is a night game. Seems a bit of a strange decision. I would have thought leave the player in their comfortable environment and then bus them in. 1 hour bus ride is fu** all.
I like the decision

Surprised scott hasn’t come out this week yet and said how beatable we are?
Na there’s two things I’ve really noticed about Geelong.
He’s changed his tune because it just wasn’t getting them anywhere.
And Dangerfield has been so obvious in not getting excited, celebrating or even smiling.
That little carry on before half time Of the prelim which caused Dusty to tell him to shut the * up and then torch them, really made him change his ways I reckon.
This version of Dangerfield is far more dangerous before that he was too full of himself.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we want it to rain? Last time we played them it was dry and we beat them. Both our grand finals have been played in perfect, sunny conditions. All those trips to Cairns to play Gold Coast a few years back could finally serve a purpose and be of benefit here, because even though we lost most of them, I suspect that the conditions on Saturday night will be almost identical- hot, humid and dewy. Let's hope we take the most of our opportunities and can play four good quarters

Do we want it to rain? Last time we played them it was dry and we beat them. Both our grand finals have been played in perfect, sunny conditions. All those trips to Cairns to play Gold Coast a few years back could finally serve a purpose and be of benefit here, because even though we lost most of them, I suspect that the conditions on Saturday night will be almost identical- hot, humid and dewy. Let's hope we take the most of our opportunities and can play four good quarters

Very short ground. Anything that makes it harder to get clean ball out of the centre suits us. I’ll be doing a rain dance on satdee arvo.

I'm 22km from Punt Road. Gunna go pray to Jack Dyer's statue tomorrow, and cry at Gate 5 for all the sadness of the year.

fu** I miss football. Real, live, crowded, noisy football.
The way I keep up the hope is just thinking of that first real live experience with a crowd of packed tigers again. Can you imagine?
Might be a fair way off though but hopefully not.

The way I keep up the hope is just thinking of that first real live experience with a crowd of packed tigers again. Can you imagine?
Might be a fair way off though but hopefully not.

Gives me goosebumps thinking about rolling out of PRO at three quarter time and following the drums up the hill.

We'll get it back. Maybe not soon, but we will be together again, behind the Grog Squad, singing about Dustin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back