Prediction Will the Suns move past the Giants in 2021?

Will the Suns moved past the Giants in 2021?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
With Jeremy Cameron, Zac Williams, Aidan Corr and Jye Caldwell wanting out and Heath Shaw delisted I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns moved passed the Giants in 2021.

Suns young guns 22 and under- Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Izak Rankine, Ben King, Jack Lukosius, Charlie Ballard, Ben Ainsworth, Jack Bowes.

Giants young guns 22 and under- Tom Green, Jake Riccardi, Harry Perryman, Tim Taranto.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Suns mid range guns 23-27- Lachie Weller, Touk Miller, Sam Collins, Brandon Ellis, David Swallow.

Giants mid range guns 23-27- Jacob Hopper, Josh Kelly, Lachie Whitfield, Stephen Coniglio, Toby Greene.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Suns experience/leadership 28+- Jarrod Witts, Hugh Greenwood, Sam Day, Jarrod Harbrow.

Giants experience/leadership 28+- Nick Haynes, Callan Ward, Shane Mumford.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

For me the Suns clearly have the edge in the aged 22 and under players, Giants in front mid range and leadership/experience a toss of the coin, I also like the Suns depth better.

i think the notion has merit, but it is also worth remembering that the Giants squad, albeit one that will be shorn of a few players, was one being touted as simply overflowing with top end talent this time last season and despite their drop this year, that talent doesn't just disappear. I wouldn't be surprised to see them back in the 8

With Jeremy Cameron, Zac Williams, Aidan Corr and Jye Caldwell wanting out and Heath Shaw delisted I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns moved passed the Giants in 2021.

Suns young guns 22 and under- Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Izak Rankine, Ben King, Jack Lukosius, Charlie Ballard, Ben Ainsworth, Jack Bowes.

Giants young guns 22 and under- Tom Green, Jake Riccardi, Harry Perryman, Tim Taranto.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Suns mid range guns 23-27- Lachie Weller, Touk Miller, Sam Collins, Brandon Ellis, David Swallow.

Giants mid range guns 23-27- Jacob Hopper, Josh Kelly, Lachie Whitfield, Stephen Coniglio, Toby Greene.

Suns experience/leadership 28+- Jarrod Witts, Hugh Greenwood, Sam Day, Jarrod Harbrow.

Giants experience/leadership 28+- Nick Haynes, Callan Ward, Shane Mumford.

For me the Suns clearly have the edge in the aged 22 and under players, Giants in front mid range and leadership/experience a toss of the coin, I also like the Suns depth better.
You forget Jackson Hately off to the AFC.

Yeah.. Good question ...i think GWS will have them covered in 2021 ..but if the Suns can keep there list together I think by 2022 they will have overtaken them

12 months ago the AFL were giving Gold Coast priority picks.

There is no way they'll pass GWS next year.

In a few years, if the Suns continue to hold the team together and GWS keep their potato of a coach? Then absolutely they could go ahead of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back