Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

It's fine for them to demand those guys and McKay, but the reality is that all of them are contracted. We just say "Thank you but Harry wants to honour his contract, here take these shiny draft picks instead."
Could see us losing a couple players elsewhere first to assemble enough for Oliver and Saad, just a question of who...

If we have to give up Walsh, McKay, Curnow or Weits, then why would we consider this?

Unless Harry wants to leave why would we trade away the few good players we have?

Melbourne don’t need draft picks and will tell us to stick them up our ass (rightly so).

I don’t see any way this gets done, at least this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah for sure. But if they're happy to move him for attitudinal reasons etc they might eventually relent and take the picks rather than be stuck with a disgruntled player.
They might be shitty with him now but I doubt when it comes to crunch time they'll be happy to move him on.

I'll predict they'll talk to us initially, realise they won't be able to get one of our stars and then decide to keep in. Oliver gets a big wake up call, they keep their best player, itso facto.

He's only 22, their situation can't be unsalvageable surely.

It's fine for them to demand those guys and McKay, but the reality is that all of them are contracted. We just say "Thank you but Harry wants to honour his contract, here take these shiny draft picks instead."
I took that to mean they would demand the same sort of compensation as we would if one of those guys wanted to leave us.

It makes me chuckle when all the ITK's sneak in at the same time.
Crickets for days,no rumours..... SOS comes out bleating his case in the media. 48 hours later all the ITK's casually drop in with the same bombshell.
Interesting to see if this ends up being another Shiel/Cogs scenario.
Time will tell and at least it takes the focus away from the SOS scenario.
Precision timing.

Paddy Dow and our 2021 1st round pick should at least be put on the table for Clarry (it will take more than that, but its a good starting point for discussions I would have thought)

Enough with Dow already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back