AFL 'Bet of the Round' POTY

Should we allow members 1 pass per year?

• YES

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
iluvparis NonPhixion

~24 hours to go before you get your 3 bets in. If you dont, I am automatically awarding myself Punter of The Year title. :drunk:

Im kinda hoping neither of you send me in your bets.:$

Just on that, if your bet is voided, there is no opportunity to resubmit another bet. Hence pick wisely and be aware of late players potentially being an out.

Its all about strategy and being the most cunning and astute of all punters in this Grand Final.

balmainforever Chism can you please make this thread a sticky if possible just till this time next week? Thanks. The winner deserves to be acknowledged widely on this forum, to achieve punter of the year in AFL is no easy feat esp with all the bs rules I have made ad hoc on the fly.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
The Inaugual AFL PUNTER OF THE YEAR 2020

Week 4 Grand Final.

Cats NonPhixion v Tigers iluvparis

This is it. Two very shrewd and calculating punters on here.

As winner and reigning premier next year, you get to tell other punters to f**k off if they think they know better than you, as you have the 2020 AFL Punter of the Year Trophy permanently attached to your Username. :drunk:
Best of Luck Paris. The ultimate glory on the line here

Sorry Chism I meant on the Bigfooty Punting forum if this thread could please be made a sticky. Not the post but the entire thread a sticky.

Thank you in advance.
Yeah i can do that mate.

Yeah i can do that mate.
Chism

Thanks mate for your help much appreciated. :thumbsu:

As I said, the winner deserves to be acknowledged.

Not to mention, that these two posters who are on top of the tree in terms of punting will be posting their 3 best bets for the Grand Final.

I expect a lot of posters will be interested in tailing these bets as well.

Just in case this post got lost in the confusion!!!

iluvparis NonPhixion

~24 hours to go before you get your 3 bets in. If you dont, I am automatically awarding myself Punter of The Year title. :drunk:

Im kinda hoping neither of you send me in your bets.:$

Just on that, if your bet is voided, there is no opportunity to resubmit another bet. Hence pick wisely and be aware of late players potentially being an out.

Its all about strategy and being the most cunning and astute of all punters in this Grand Final.

Welcome Ladies, Gentlemen and degenerate gamblers.

I am proud to present the Final bets for the coveted title of Inaugural AFL Punter of the Year 2020.

This is it.

NonPhixion vs iluvparis Grand Final death match.

There is no tomorrow for the loser. Winner takes home the trophy. TBH Im upset you guys posted your bets, as I wanted the title myself by default.

2020 Grand Final (Cats) NonPhixion v ( Tigers) iluvparis
$100/bet
NonPhixion BetsMax ReturnActual Return
Gary Ablett AGS $2.10 - B365
$210.00​
1st Half U57.5 $1.90 - TopSport
$190.00​
SGM - Danger 15+, Duncan 15+, Richmond H2H, Highest scoring half 2nd. $4.75 - SB.
$475.00​
TOTAL
$875.00​
Iluvparis BetsMax ReturnActual Return
SGM - Richmond H2H/ Hawkins AGS @ 2.25
$225.00​
SGM - Q3 Line Richmond (-0.5) / Highest Scoring Half - second half @ 1.79
$330.00
NSM - Martin @ 4.50
$450.00​
TOTAL
$1005.00

Last edited:

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
im doing you a favour here Paris...You sure the odds are right for your 2nd bet?

im doing you a favour here Paris...You sure the odds are right for your 2nd bet?

They are wrong. That’s the highest half only bet. I think the SGM was like 3.30. Are you happy for me to take 3.00?

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
They are wrong. That’s the highest half only bet. I think the SGM was like 3.30. Are you happy for me to take 3.00?
Take $3.30, that’s fine with me

Im proud to present the winner of the Inaugural AFL Punter of the Year on Bigfooty 2020

iluvparis

paris-2017-home

well done Paris. Great tipping over the season and especially over the finals, expecting you to take up the reigns for next years comp now as the winner ;)

Commiserations NonPhixion absolutely great punting year by you as well.

You actually led iluvparis at the FULL TIME siren, but the NS winner Dusty killed you. Mind you Ablett doing his shoulder was awful luck. TBH I could see this happening, the books must have been fapping when they saw this happen. If Ablett goaled and no NS for Dusty, you would have won.

TBH though, that NS was only going to about 4-5 players tonight before the game started. IMO.

Anyways, great season by you to be Runners Up.

FYI

iluvparis won all 3 bets, you won 2.

Not going to lie - the only two games of footy I watched post COVID this year where the Granny and the Geelong prelim - not sure that says for the rest of you!!!! :D

However just like in horse racing I can smell hype a mile away so most of my profits during the year came from fading hypelords. The rest came from the Mighty Tiges who proved what I have known for 4 years - they are the best team in the comp untouched.

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Congrats to Paris, great year.
And thanks to Grottbag for running a great finals comp.
This was however initially intended to be a main season comp so i feel like we should 2 separate awards. As one was a knockout and the other an ROI based comp.
So our main season premier was OhhDeledio with a pretty epic 166%.
And the flag goes to iluvparis who's having a bit of a spring purple patch.
No coincidence that both of them just basically bet on the tiges all year!
Most consistent would go to NonPhixion for finishing 2nd in both.

Hope I'm not cutting in there Grott (Grott's been doing some work behind the scene to get some badges going).

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Does this board still do the 1-39/40+ multi challenge? been a few years since I been around these parts

I personally have never heard of that and this thread is kind of defunct cos i can't be bothered running it this year. Try the Round thread

Hell I only did the Finals and it was bit of a hassle, but admittedly a lot of fun.

I think once the year starts going and moving forward, we can explore something on here.

JuniorWatch I know with the H&A you did, its a lot harder and tedious compared to Finals.

Back